Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TomTom Navigator 6 Works on UIQ v3

Device(s)
    Open
    Carrier(s)
    T-MO U.S.A
    Feedback Score
    just install TomTom Home first and from there you can transfer and install files to your p990 or m600

FeedBacks Below

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ht=benchmade42

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=41745

There's a thing in my pocket, but it's not one thing, it's many

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P990i
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    with the DVD you run TomTom home, tell it you have a UIQ3 phone and it'll copy the software to your memory card. then insert the card in to the phone which will then prompt you to install the software. it's pretty simple.
    artesea - P990i Generic World 1 | Organizer: R4B03

Feedback Score
    what do you think is the minimum memory needed for this.

i got a 128mb

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P990i
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    You could just about get the maps of GB with a voice file onto a 128 card, however I would recommend at least a 512 and if you want the full Europe map you'll need at least a 1gig card.
    I've got mine installed on a 1gig, and also have around 100 photos, plus 6 albums so it's all round practical.

Feedback Score
    cool. im gonna have to buy another memory card then

thanx

Device(s)
    SE W950i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Just to let folks know, TomTom v6 works just fine on the new W950i as well. Even though the W950i doesn't have a memory stick (it has 4 GB of internal media memory instead), it still installs like a champ. Way to go TomTom!

Feedback Score
    Help - how do I transfer files from laptop to memory card for m600i. Then, how do I get the application [Tomotom 6] to open?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P990i
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    Either a memory stick reader or use the phone in File Transfer mode via the USB.
    Once the files are on the memory stick, insert it into your phone and then you'll be prompted to install.

Feedback Score

How to...

Hi,

I have tried to follow instructions posted on net regarding how to install Tom Tom Navigator 6 on my W950i but cannot seem to get it to work. I would be grateful if you would do an idiots guide on the installation for me as I must be overlooking something.

Whilst on Fast File Transfer mode USB I have copied ALL files and folders (incl. hidden files/folders) from the installation SD software onto my phone's root directory. TomTom Home recognises that the software is on the device (W950i) and I have then removed the USB cable and the W950i prompts to install the software.

But after this is completed. I do not know where to run the navigation software or know that it is completed properly.

Please help.

Many thanks in advance,
    Sohail

Feedback Score
    I got the tomtom dvd version but when i try to install the software it doesnt give me the option to do so. I tried installing via the phone and the memory card reader and the install button just doesn't flash up.

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE

Feedback Score
    sorry dont worry about me, i got it. ad it works fine.

Feedback Score
    Good to hear you got it going on the dvd version - can you give me a quick heads-up as to how you managed to get it to install? It keeps telling me that it may not be compatible and then fails to install.......

Feedback Score
    All i did was install everything on the dvd to the memory card. After i done that i opened the drive that the memory card was in and double clicked the tomtom home icon. Once i did that it in turn asked what hardware im gonna use it on, so i picked UIQ3. It then offered an updated version which i accepted, then once it finished i took out the memory card put it in my phone (P990i), went to tools found the tomtom icon, tapped on it and it ran perfect.

Hope that helped

Device(s)
    p910i
    Carrier(s)
    vodaphone
    Feedback Score

Unhappy W950i and root directory

Hi All

First ever post been lurking a while . After searching and reading as much info as poss can someone please tell me how to access the root directory to intall Tom Tom files .When using pc suite file manager you have Phone Memory and Media Memory when trying to copy to Phone Memory (not to folder) it comes up with "Operation is not allowed" . Also when using Fast File transfer I cannot access File mangager I have to use normal mode. Had no problems with tomtom on my p910i

Thanks
    David
    Last edited by chmusar; 12-17-2006 at 01:19 PM.

Device(s)
    Docomo SH906i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    is gps free by any chance, sorry for hte noobie questions. i just heard so many people talking about gps, im going ot try it with my p990 but when u get the pgoram do u hv to pay for hte service or it just automatically work

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast