Thread: Stuck on "connecting to desktop"

Carrier(s)
    Rogers (& Telus, but waiting for number portability)
    Feedback Score

Cool Stuck on "connecting to desktop"

I followed the instructions HERE on my 7100g and it appeared to work however it is now stuck on "connecting to desktop". If I turn it off then back on it goes right back to "connecting to desktop" (eventhough it is not even plugged in), if I pull the battery it will reboot fine but as soon as I plug it back in it again gets stuck in "connecting to desktop".

My BB desktop manager says it is disconnected, but when I hit options>connection settings>detect I get "USB handheld found. PIN: 2036EE28"

What is wrong?

What can I do?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry: Bold, Storm, 8310, 8820, 7130c
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had a very similar (if not the same) experience and I uninstalled and reinstalled the Desktop Manager and that took care of it.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8320
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers...Soon Telus
    Feedback Score
    I had sort of the same problem with my 8100. I did try un-installing and
    re-installing and that didn't work. What I had to end up doing was un-install
    application, then go into my windows registry and delete anything that looked associated with RIM or Research, then re-installed app and worked fine.
    WARNING.... deleting the wrong thing from your registry can screw the whole system up. ALWAYS make a backup copy of registry before making any changes