Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone have problems with the Prophet / S200 / Jamin / Neo ?

Device(s)
    Nexus S, Huawei U1250, iPhone 4, Motorola A1200, Qtek S200,Nokia 3360, Sony T310, Ericsson T28,PF768
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys for the replies. I ended up sticking with the order, but as soon as did that, I saw the HP6955 for $650 and I'm wondering if I'll regret my decision. I bought the O2 Neo for $570. $80 would get me GPS, a faster processor, a keyboard.

Which do you guys think is better, a HP 6955 or the Prophet? What are the pros for the Prophet vs the HP?

And what is the expected battery life on standby (no wifi, just phone connection)?

Thanks in advance! This will be the first PPC I own... I'm currently using the Nokia 3360.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Cruise
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    The HP is larger than the Neo.

If size and cost isn't an issue for you I'd go for the HP.

Device(s)
    HTC - Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Who got a problem Neo? Huh? No? I thought not!

Seriously though...I think that those are some pretty reliable phones. I'd get one if I didn't need a keyboard.
    Take a look at my new blog: MobileGenius. It is really just a few reviews at this point but I think I cover a few things that some of the reviews I have read do not take time for. Feel free to leave a comment!

Device(s)
    32gb iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Telcel
    Feedback Score
    Does someone think im really small or too big

Device(s)
    Nexus S, Huawei U1250, iPhone 4, Motorola A1200, Qtek S200,Nokia 3360, Sony T310, Ericsson T28,PF768
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Twincam
    The HP is larger than the Neo.

If size and cost isn't an issue for you I'd go for the HP.
    Just curious as to why you'd go with the HP. Is it a better quality phone? What's the battery life compared to the S200 / Prophet / Neo?

I can see the negatives for the HP being battery life, size, and screen resolution... is this correct?

As for pluses, it seems like it's more powerful (Skype!), keyboard, GPS and better support.

For $100 more, do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?

Feedback Score
    I just picked up my Prophet last weekend. So far so good...knock on wood.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    gamer....do u really need gps?
    Underground Inventive, Overground Effective.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not really, but I can turn it off most of the time and turn it on when I want to, so it doesn't drain on the battery right?

I'm thinking more in terms of Skype and the keyboard. Calendaring functions would be the most used function of the device though. I'm actually leaning towards the hw6955 now.

Both devices have very good reviews on these forums.

I wonder why Howard hasn't reviewed any of the HP series yet. It would be nice if he could provide a review for the 69xx.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've had no problems with my prophet (other than my wife putting it through the laundry).
    However, you keep mentioning a keyboard.
    The keyboard is a big deal IMO if you're going to do email or IM. As much as I try to convice myself I'm not missing it, I really am and my next phone will definitely have a keyboard.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Cruise
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4life
    Just curious as to why you'd go with the HP. Is it a better quality phone? What's the battery life compared to the S200 / Prophet / Neo?

I can see the negatives for the HP being battery life, size, and screen resolution... is this correct?

As for pluses, it seems like it's more powerful (Skype!), keyboard, GPS and better support.

For $100 more, do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
    Like I said, if size and cost aren't issues for you then I think the feature set of the HP is better than the Prophet. I've personally been tempted by the HP but the larger size is something I'm not comfortable with. Of course I wasn't comfortable with the additional size of the Wizard.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I've had my S-200 for several months and do love it--size wise. The only problem I seem to have is a delay when answering the phone. I can hear the other party immediately but they can't hear me for several seconds. I always seem to be saying hello 2-3 times before being heard. This is somewhat annoying.

I think I am leaning toward the TyTn as I do use email a lot. It's hard to use the stylis plucking away at the on screen keyboard particularily when in a vehicle (not driving of course). I did purchase the SPB Full keyboard which is some help..but still would like to try a device with a keyboard. Once I get it maybe the size will send me back to S-200 or the Trinity.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecksx View Post
    gamer....do u really need gps?
    If only Motorola, Sony, Nokia, etc, etc.. read these forums!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2