Thread: Switch e815 to the Strongest Tower

Feedback Score

Switch e815 to the Strongest Tower

Is there a way to force the e815 to go to the strongest tower? Right now I get good reception everywhere but my house. I know there is an extended network tower that I get full signal when it switches to it. When I am verizons EVDO tower I get only 1 bar is cuts off most phone calls.

Please help.

Steve

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130 - Current
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Disable EVDO

1,000 Posts August 5th, 2006
    2,000 Posts June 14th, 2007

Feedback Score
    I did disable evdo, but it still has a weak verizon signal, is there a way to get it to just switch to the strongest tower?

Device(s)
    Currently: Motorola MAXX VE; UTStarcom XV6700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The good news is, yes, there is a way.

The best thing to do is find out which side of the network the extended network is on.

For instance, if your verizon SID ends in an odd number that means that VZW is on the A side, the extended network is going to have a number that ends in an even number, and that's B side.

If your Verizon service is on the B Side, you can FORCE your phone to the A-side by:

Dial the number you want to call+Send, then end it(This puts that number as the last number on your recent calls list.) Now dial *22800+send, once it starts scanning, end and then push SND twice to dial that last recent call.

If your Verizon service is on the A side, you can FORCE your phone to the B-side by:

Dial the number you want to call+Send, then end it(This puts that number as the last number on your recent calls list.) Now dial *22801+send, once it starts scanning, end and then push SND twice to dial that last recent call.

If this starts to become a nuisence, since in my experience, it only stays on extended network till you end the call and the phone scans VZW, you can do the following:

Find out what the SID of the Extended Network tower is. Go into manual programming (I am going to just make an assumption you know how to do this. If not ask and I'll post instructions) and then set your Home SID as the SID of the Extended Network tower. When you exit programming mode, go into Network Options and set your System to Home Only. This will force your phone to stay on that extended network tower. When you leave home, go into your settings and put it back on Automatic Scan. This will allow it to hit Verizon like usual.

This will work great till you do an update, which at that point, it will reset your Home SID in your settings and you'll need to manually program your phone again.

PS I had the same problem as you. I could see the extended network tower from my front porch and got full service off them.

Good luck and I hope my advise helps you!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    the easiest thing to do is set NAM 2 to the extended network provider's SID..

to do this, you will need the SID from your extended network provider..

Step By Step..

get the extended network sid.. easiest way to do this is dial *22801-*22807 until you get the extended network partner you want.. hang up really quick hit menu > settings > phone info > other information > sid (it may be under menu > phone info > other info > sid )

get the number next to "Current" if it's the same as "NAM" you didnt get to it fast enough.. try again..lol

ok.. now for manual programming..

press Menu + 073887* as fast as you can.. it will ask for a password, it's six 0's, so enter 000000, then press OK

scroll down to "User Activation"

go to NAM 1 first, Write down the MIN, it's probally different from your phone number.. it's how the network identifies you.. although, if you've had your phone number with Verizon for a long time, it may be the same..

press Cancel

Go to NAM2, put in the MIN that you just wrote down

Make the MDN your phone number

go to "CDMA Sys ID" and put in the SID you wrote down from "Current" earlier..

press "Done"

you should be back to "User Activation"

hit the END button

now, go to "Phone Info" (Could be in main menu, or settings)

go to "Active Line"

select the second down in the list.. this will be your Extended Network provider, make sure under your Network Settings, you have it set to "Home Only"

now your phone will stay on your Extended Network provider until you put it back on VZW (NAM 1)

if you want to do a PRL update (*228) make sure you have it set to NAM 1 in the Active Line (the first in the list) because NAM 2 currently does not have a PRL in it, so it doesnt know to choose verizon over the extended network provider.. so it goes to what you tell it to..
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Device(s)
    Currently: Motorola MAXX VE; UTStarcom XV6700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Not bad, I like that idea. To play it safe, after I programmed NAM2 I'd set the network mode to Home-Only. Most the phones I've dealt with has a verizon factory PRL on NAM1 and 2 out of the box.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robkermit
    Not bad, I like that idea. To play it safe, after I programmed NAM2 I'd set the network mode to Home-Only. Most the phones I've dealt with has a verizon factory PRL on NAM1 and 2 out of the box.
    I have yet to have a moto have a PRL in nam 2 when it was shipped..

Feedback Score
    THANK YOU!

This is awsome, I really appreciate it. It works like a charm.