Thread: Retention Plan Changed Without Consent!??!

Device(s)
    AT&T: Apple iPhone 8GB, Treo 680
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Retention Plan Changed Without Consent!??!

Hello--

If anyone can help me out on this one, it'd be great. I was given this plan (the two-line $85 F&C with Vision with some free add-ons (1000 anytime, 4000 8pm for each line, and FIMF) and two more add a phones (2 x $20)) by the retention department in November 2002:

4 lines
    $125/month ($85 + $20 + $20)
    3000 anytime shared
    4000 (8pm N&W) for each line
    FIMF for each line
    Unlimited PCS
    Unlimited Vision

I just checked my account online (clicked My Plan and selected each phone number individually) and found that my plan was changed to the following:

4 lines
    $40/month
    400 anytime shared
    unlimited (9pm N&W)
    Unlimited PCS
    Unlimited Vision
    $0/month for each additional line

Has anyone found that their shared minute plan (given to them by retention) has been changed in any way??? Could there possibly be a glitch in the SPCS system? I also noticed that the primary number of my account has changed. Additionally, Voice Command was added to 2 of the four lines.

I was given the origianl plan because I gave SPCS all of my business. I also got rid of my landline.

I'm afraid that I may have lost my great plan. As an honest person, can anyone please help me out? Does anyone know what's going on with SPCS? Are they having problems with their system? My billing cycle doesn't restart for another week, so I'm wondering if this problem will correct itself. Might my "new plan" be prorated because it was switched mid-month? If so, should I call CS now to find out what's going on???

If their system isn't acting up, what recourse do I have in getting my old plan back? With whom should I speak first: retention or customer service? If nothing works there, which organizations can I file complaints with: BBB? Any others?

Our family uses the 3000 anytime minutes, and the 4000 N&W at 8pm (for each line) was a definite plus for all of us. We need our plan back.

I look forward to your responses. You may e-mail me privately also if you desire.
    Last edited by christof; 02-27-2003 at 04:01 AM.
    iLeft for iPhone. iPhone 8GB, AT&T Nation 450 ($40), iPhone Data 200 ($20), Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Messaging ($5).
    But, the family is out of contract on Sprint. 3 lines ($100), two Sanyo Katana's, one Palm Treo 650, 2980 shared anytime, 4000 8pm N&W on each line, unlimited PCS/Vision/Roaming/FIMF/Messaging

Device(s)
    Sprint Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score
    A couple of days after I added a phone using the add a phone option, the second line showed up on the website as you describe: $40/month; 400 minutes anytime, etc. Before I got around to callling (within a day or two) to see what was going on, it had changed back to $20 add-a-phone.
    I'm not a techie, but it appears to me that there was a glitch in the system (perhaps resulting from the major re-design that appears to be going on). IMHO, it never hurts to call and ask, particularly given the significance of the changes you describe.
    Mick

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The funny thing: I didn't make any changes to my account. I called customer service with a problem with service, and they told me they'd give me Voice Command for 3 months for free. I said, "No, do not add it. If I wanted to add services, I would have asked for them." However, it seems that Voice Command has been added way AFTER they offered it to me. It was added to my account today. They offered it to me on 02 Feb.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!

I just checked my account a little while after, and it seems that the plan is back to normal except...

Line 1 is called "pcs free and clear plan" (primary line with $85 plan) and is normal-looking;
    Line 2 is called "pcs add a phone with vision" (free shared line off of $85 plan) and has voice command with no charge and "$0 promo monthly service charge";
    Line 3 is called "pcs add a phone with vision" ($20 add a phone) and has voice command with no charge and has "$0 promo monthly service charge";
    Line 4 is called "pcs add a phone" ($20 add a phone) and has unlimited nights and weekends.

So... I'm assuming that the plan is now:

3000 anytime shared (2300 shared for line 1, 300 for line 2, 200 for line 3, and 200 for line 4);
    4000 N&W at 8pm for lines 1, 2, 3, and 4, EACH;
    unlimited N&W at 9pm for line 4 ONLY;
    FIMF;
    unlimited Vision;
    unlimited PCS to PCS...

For $105/month.

What is going on!??! I'm not complaining about my "new plan," but what's going on with SPCS's system?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    SPRINT
    Feedback Score
    The worst experience in life has always been changing service with Sprint. The same thing happened to me about 2 years ago. The plan I agreed to swicth to was not what I got at my next billing cycle. You have to keep calling, and calling, and calling. It took 3 months but I finally got it fixed. I had them make notes every time I called. Persistence paid off, I got what the original retention agent promised.

Now, I have switched again. I switched my shared plan last week. We will see how it comes up on the website March 1. I will keep you posted.

Jay

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    joey--

For me, things have been great... Until this mishap. I didn't call them to make any changes, nor did I make any change online. Since November, for the months of November, December, January, and February (up until now), I have had the plan that was promised to me. I don't know what happened...

I assume it had to do with when they asked me if I wanted Voice Command. =?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    SPRINT
    Feedback Score
    that's my point. Any change at all sets off an eruption.... It only takes a spark with Sprint.

Jay

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Update for 27 Feb 2003 at 10:30p--

Earlier today, my plan went back to the screwed up:

$40/month on line 4
    400 shared anytime
    unlimited N&W at 9pm;

$0/month add a phone with Vision for line 3 with Voice Command;
    $0/month add a phone with Vision for line 2 with Voice Command;
    $0/month add a phone for line 1 with Vision and PCS to PCS.

Now, as of now... It gets even better:

$20/month add a phone for line 4 with Unlimited Nights and Weekends;

My plan has ZERO minutes for $20/month. Anyone else with a problem similar to this?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by joeyboxers
    The worst experience in life has always been changing service with Sprint.

<snip>

The worst experience in your life? Wow... I figured a friend dying, getting mugged or robbed, or even losing a friend would qualify as a worst experience in life. I didn't know that a corporation making a mistake (probably an honest one) would be considered "worst experience in [your] life."

-aurora
    "My downfall raises me to infinite heights." -Napoleon Bonaparte

01101010 ...

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by christof
    Update for 27 Feb 2003 at 10:30p--

Earlier today, my plan went back to the screwed up:

$40/month on line 4
    400 shared anytime
    unlimited N&W at 9pm;

<snip>
    christof...

This is not the first time Sprint has made mistakes on plans like this (or their systems have screwed around with this stuff). Firstly I'd say calm down I am willing to bet if you spoke to the right person, even if your plan did change "permanently" (i.e., it wasn't a temporary computer glitch) you'd get what you had back (b/c the plan change that you had to the original 4 lines with all the features you had is somewhere in your plan record).

I personally would wait until the next billing period starts and see what you were charged: I'm willing to bet they billed you for the most expensive plan you have seen in the past month on your record (the $125 one -- and the correct one).

If things haven't changed, give retention a call (we all know how to do that). They are very friendly and knowledgeable and I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

Assuming the worst and nothing gets fixed I'd simply contact www.planetfeedback.com Leave a message and I'm sure some senior executive will get back to you and fix your prob (I've heard from several sources that planetfeedback is the best way to get in touch with 'high up there' people in a company, and normally leaves good results).

Good luck.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, the plan is constantly changing online. I've gotten some other responses from uesrs at alt.cellular.sprintpcs and sprintusers.

As aurora has suggested, I've decided to use the phone normally, as this is probably a glitch in the system. I'm going to wait for my bill, which should be available online around the 12th. And if my plan isn't how it's supposed to be (or better), I'll be very upset. Also, I'll be sure to check the "My Plan" section on the manage website to see if my plan went back to normal on my normal billing date cycle.

My retention plan is well documented in the system. And, if they decide that they can't give my plan back to me, if it turns out that my plan did change, then I'd be more than happy to file complains with the FTC, FCC, BBB, planetfeedback.com, and the CA attorney general.

I've been a long time customer of SPCS (since their conception in the SF Bay in 1997). And, it really bothers me to (finally) experience all of the bad issues that many people on this and other forums complan about.

To all, I hope that you never have to experience this. It really upsets me that SPCS, with their great products and services, is unable to maintain their (online) billing system and have a good customer service staff that actually listens to what you say (and does NOT apply features that you never requested on you account).

I hope you're reading SPCS...

More updates to come. And if anyone else has any stories of something similar to this happening, I'd really appreciate it.
    Last edited by christof; 03-01-2003 at 02:09 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hello--

This is the (last, hopefully) latest update for 12 March 2003. I notice that others have reported changes in their plans. For you, I'd recommend waiting until you get your paper bill (or are able to view it online).

My plan is still the same, except one of the add a phones, the Vision add a phone is now free... This is what it says in my bill:

Primary line:
    F&C with Vision
    $85/month
    2000 anytime
    +180 anytime
    +300 anytime
    +4000 N&W (8pm)
    unlimited PCS
    unlimited Vision
    FIMF

2nd line:
    $0/month promo monthly fee
    add a phone with Vision
    included in primary plan price
    +300 anytime
    +4000 N&W (8pm)
    FIMF

3rd line:
    $0/month promo monthly fee
    add a phone with Vision
    +200 anytime
    +4000 N&W (8pm)
    FIMF

4th line:
    $20/month promo monthly fee
    add a phone (not Vision)
    +200 anytime
    +4000 N&W (8pm)
    FIMF

To recap, I initially called SPCS at then end of the last billing cycle to complain about how I was being charged per kilobyte for vision usage. I was told that the two Vision add a phones were recoded to reflect correct Vision plans.

After about 2 weeks, my plan had changed to $40/month F&C with Vision and unlimited N&W (according to the My Plan page on Manage). It periodically changed to no plan and one $20 add a phone (the non Vision line).

I made no complaints and waited for my bill to finally arrive. It has, and I now see that my plan is the same, except one $20 add a phone (with Vision) is now free.

I guess this will make up for the unwarranted Vision charges on all three phones. The highest Vision has cost was a little under $18; however, it seems that I am now the only one that uses Vision; I'd like to get a FutureDial cable to use it occasionally for getting on the Internet. But, I'm wondering what you would do... Would you:

[list=a][*]not complain about the Vision charges and run with the free $20 add a phone;[*]complain about the Vision charges and hope that they do not notice that one of the add a phones is free[*]something else (please describe)[/list=a]

Please keep in mind that the free $20 add a phone was never documented in my notes, from what I know. Additionally, please note that the additional 180 anytime on line 1 is not documented in my notes, from what I know.

The plan was given to me by retention in Nov 2002, and it has been constant (even with the 180 anytime on line 1) since then. Only this month has there been any change to the plan (I assume because of the recoding of the plan).

It was recoded by a customer service agent, after he had put me on hold to talk to retention. I have never heard of this happening. I assume that he had to ask retention for some special codes.

Please let me know what you'd do... If you have any questions, let me know. I look forward to your responses.
    Last edited by christof; 03-12-2003 at 03:49 AM.