Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: 3G Rollout for OC and LA?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I'm not getting anything along the 60 fwy. (between the 605 and the 57) btw I am using my 8525

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    FYI, Sherman Oaks, west of about Fulton goes back to Edge.

Feedback Score
    3G is currently dead for me in Tustin/Irvine. I had to force my Blackjack into GSM mode. When in 3G, I'd get a full signal but all calls fail with a busy signal. Calls to my number got routed to VM. When in GSM/EDGE mode, calls work normally.

Looks like they have some debugging to do.

Device(s)
    Cingular 8525
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    ok here's what i did today... I was driving south on the 605 I passed imperial and i looked down at my new 8525 and saw a U indicator (with one small dot of strength)... i was so excited I pulled off at the next exit (rosecrans and pulled into the Kmart parking lot... i sat there and I had full bars with the U indicator... so i pulled up my slingbox, smooth video... did a few dslreports tests speeds were averaging 600kbps, AWESOME!

I launched tcpmp and loaded a shoutcast stream (club 977 80's 128 stream) and let it play, it played continuously and i got off at carson and pulled into the LB town center, messed with the phone some more, and i started to see the battery drain, i got back on carson and drove towards los coyotes diag (still playing the stream) and drove down towards bellflower where i turned left and made my way to where the cingular store is between circuit city and compusa (i had some shopping to do) i stopped into the cingular store to pick up a car charger (did anyone mention that 3G and battery drain go hand in hand?) i talked with those guys about 3g working, they were all impressed showed them some of the apps on the phone (they were blown away with slingbox) and i told them of my streaming experiences... next I drove north on bellflower and connected to woodruff (towards downey)... 80% of the way back i had U and club977 streamed flawlessly... when i passed imperial hwy it started to break up and switched between U and G now i'm back in downey and i only have a G signal...

but man... you got to hand it to the engineers at cingular... when this network is fully launched it should be unstoppable!

Device(s)
    Cingular HTC 8525
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular 3G!!!
    Feedback Score
    I drove through L.A. last night to get to the San Gabriel Valley. 3G was live and stable on the 10 and 110 freeways until I drove through the tall buildings in downtown L.A. Then no 3G the rest of the way on the 110, 5, 2, and 134 fwy's. However, 3G came back on when I hit Pasadena as the 134 turned into the 210, so Pasadena is up and running. Beverly Hills is also covered very well!

I did a speed test and it came back with 713kbps. Very nice.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was in Tustin and Costa Mesa today. All had 3G.

)[
    Cingular 8525 ](

Device(s)
    Cingular HTC 8525
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular 3G!!!
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if Ventura and Santa Barbara have 3G as well...anyone???

Feedback Score
    I was at a party in anaheim earlier (Ball rd. and Main)

Had the U ! with 2 bars.

Did a 1mb speed test on dslreports mobile test.

average was 860kbps !

Device(s)
    MOTO V620
    Carrier(s)
    Legacy AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Spoke with a co-workers yesterday and he said that in El Segundo he was able to register on the UMTS network and was getting speeds in the high 800kbps.

Dam

Device(s)
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Perceptions
    3G icon up in Anaheim/Garden Grove Border along Brookhurst and Katella. Will report back after testing.

Edit: No internet connectivity as of this moment. Actually no internet at all as my BlackJack will not fall back to Edge.
    The DSLReports mobile speed test gave me 850kbits/sec (non tethering).
    I used the SpeakEasy Speed Test to check my BT tethering speeds and consistently saw 430-450kbits/sec download and 170kbits/sec upload.

Interesting Note: I also ran tethering tests at DSLReports and the ISP was read as myvzw.com.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Still EDGE at Gilbert and Malvern in Fullerton, had 3G at LAX when I came in though!
    DJ

Device(s)
    iphone
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    any news for the rest of us who dont have 3g? im going home to the bay on thursday anyways, so i dont care if they go live this week or not, but is the rest of la in the works or will it take time? i hope northridge has it soon, my blackjack doesnt feel the same on edge when i have experienced 3g on it!

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I get a U when I am on Culver before the tustin market place. but after i cross the 5 and get into the part of irvine close to tustin, i only get a g. i have yet to see an e anywhere.
    9/11 We will never forget.

F D N Y P D

My Wish List:
    Apple iPhone 5 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD, S III, Note, HTC One X, Sony Xperia Ion

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman
    Irvine...Culver and Walnut..."U"

me too, but when i get to irvine blvd/culver it goes back to g. how about you?

Device(s)
    Motorola Q Global/Q9h
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I keep switching between GPRS/EDGE and UMTS in the neighborhood between Jeffrey and Culver near Walnut. Signal has always been very poor here, 2 bars usually with GPRS/EDGE and 1 bar with UMTS.

Is UMTS supposed to be always on for data?

EDIT: Also while in this same area, I tried speed testing while my phone was on UMTS and it only managed very slow 2 digit speeds.

On the other hand, my max speed on Culver and Walnut was 853kbps, awesome.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast