Thread: 3 UK and Italy sold to China Mobile?

Feedback Score

3 UK and Italy sold to China Mobile?

Carrier(s)
    Wind+T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hope this means lower prices (like their domestic operation- 2GB data for $25US and overage capped at something a little over $50 or 50MB data for $6)...

Carrier(s)
    Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    this would be an interesting move. I'm not sure what to make of this article..... but I'm not sure if I would prefer a Vodafone or China Mobile buyout in the UK... I can't speak for Italy though.

Don't forget, if Vodafone bought 3 out in the UK, You would get a similar thing to how they have 3 and 3-dualband in Hong Kong. Although We'd be talking three networks rather than the two in Hong Kong -the two being 3's W-CDMA and 3-dualband's GSM but in the UK you would have Vodafone's W-CDMA, Vodafone's GSM and 3's W-CDMA. It would be interesting. It's also similar to the Cingular and AT&T merger.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Junglizt1210
    this would be an interesting move. I'm not sure what to make of this article..... but I'm not sure if I would prefer a Vodafone or China Mobile buyout in the UK... I can't speak for Italy though.

Don't forget, if Vodafone bought 3 out in the UK, You would get a similar thing to how they have 3 and 3-dualband in Hong Kong. Although We'd be talking three networks rather than the two in Hong Kong -the two being 3's W-CDMA and 3-dualband's GSM but in the UK you would have Vodafone's W-CDMA, Vodafone's GSM and 3's W-CDMA. It would be interesting. It's also similar to the Cingular and AT&T merger.
    The spectrum 3 bought was actually reserved for a new entrant in the market, so i'm not sure vodafone would be allowed to keep it? though it might be, i really don't know. i'm guessing they'd try and integrate the 3 network and their own tho. Vodafone already have the largest chunk of 3G spectrum in the UK (besides 3's, which i think is bigger, but the extra bit 3 has over vodafone is unpaired which isn't useful or something).

i don't know what to make of the article, it says the takeover would be announced on friday and it hasn't been, but then i can kinda see that china mobile would probably be wanting to diversify abroad and the chinese gov would want it to for prestige or whatever.

Device(s)
    SE C902
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile UK
    Feedback Score
    That article was rubbish, 3 is still owned by HW

Device(s)
    i-mate K-jam
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sporkguy