Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Got our redemption agent status today!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robkermit
    Through our store we tell people that the $50.00 mail in rebate counts towards their New Every Two. When they argue we simply show them the Worry Free Guarantee where it has it in writing.
    I'm sure that the store owner and your account manager would love to know your posting that information.

Device(s)
    LG vx9900 / enV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WOIndirect
    I'm sure that the store owner and your account manager would love to know your posting that information.

There is nothing wrong with it, most literature sent to customer’s state, get up to $100 credit. The Up to makes it possible to implement any rebates. We do it all the time. VZW reps don’t care how we sell the phones. They just look at numbers. (Activations, Upgrades, Price Plan that are over $79.99, and Data Plans)

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8330 Curve
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    you are whats wrong with the system.

and yes there IS something wrong with that, have you ever heard of business ethics?

Device(s)
    Currently: Motorola MAXX VE; UTStarcom XV6700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeHee
    you are whats wrong with the system.

and yes there IS something wrong with that, have you ever heard of business ethics?
    I did not want to reply to this topic, because I did not want to start a blood bath over something as silly as upgrades.

But THIS message caught my eyes.

Are we, the indirect agents, really what is wrong with the system?

Let me tell you what is wrong with the system, then we'll talk about business ethics.

First of all, for years, Verizon Wireless sent us literature about a program called New Every Two and that you could get a great credit towards the purchase of your new phone UP TO $100.00. They expected us to give this literature out to customer's in their Worry Free Guarantee brochure, and they also expected us to tell customer's about this. That's all fine and dandy, but who did this really benefit? Did this benefit us, the indirect agent?

Nope. Why not? Because we couldn't do them! And I feel for those agents who did "eat the $100" by honoring it even though they were not getting credited from VZW for it. But from my understanding of it, our store is a part of a small business that is trying to earn money and make a living. If we give each person that walked in the door their "Up to $100" credit, then we would be out of business, doors closed, end of our store.

So who really did benefit from all this New Every Two craze during that time? Verizon Wireless corporate stores and the online shop, since they were the only ones that could give the credits out.

Now, do you wanna talk about business ethics? Let's talk about a small store in a small town that is trying to provide its customers with a great deal on phones and sell them Verizon's service. Who were really advertising for? Verizon and their online web site. When people come back and expected their $100 credit, we either had to send customers to the stores, or to the VZW Online site. OR process as a normal upgrade and the customer LOSES their $100 credit alltogether (Which most in our area opted to do). Still wanna talk about those ethics? Verizon was setting THEMSELVES up for future business by making us advertise a service we could not offer, therefore the customers were ponying their ways to the corporate stores and giving corporate america their business.

Now let's talk about how Verizon decided to address this issue with the indirect agents. They said "Ok, we will give you $50 for the NE2 credit" and that was regardless of whether or not Eroes says NE2 value was 50 or 100 (And this has already been verified by another post in this very thread).

So here we are, small business, trying to give our customers the best possible deal they can get on their upgrade without having to file a chapter 13. What happens to this $50 credit Verizon gives us? We give it straight to the customer in the form of an instant credit! What happens? We end up breaking even. What's so unethical about that?

So now let's finally find out what the problem is. I don't think it's the indirect agents. I think the problem lies with Verizon Wireless and the VZW indirect account reps and how they are handing NE2. If a customer has a $100 credit on their account, then the store that processes the upgrade should get that $100 to give to the customer, not $50 and then lose $50 on the sell.

I will tell you this much. I am not happy with the way it is implemented. But who's fault is it, and what can we do about it? I can tell you this; I do not get paid for my opinion. I get paid to sell VZW products and to follow policies that my bosses have made. If my boss was ashamed about the amount we were giving customers on their NE2 upgrade, then (s)he should have never set that policy. If VZW is worried about the amount that we reimburse customers on their NE2 upgrade, then maybe VZW needs to make it right and reimburse us for the price of the credit the customer gets.

OK.. I think I give you guys more than .02 cents worth........ but yea.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8330 Curve
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    if you were fully disclosing what the NE2 credit was, then i would agree with you. in your previous posts it did not appear to be this way.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sorry my last posts were just stating the bottom line details. People come in, they want the best deal we can give them, and that's what we try to do.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    First of all, for years, Verizon Wireless sent us literature about a program called New Every Two and that you could get a great credit towards the purchase of your new phone UP TO $100.00. They expected us to give this literature out to customer's in their Worry Free Guarantee brochure, and they also expected us to tell customer's about this. That's all fine and dandy, but who did this really benefit? Did this benefit us, the indirect agent?
    Not to mention, when NE2 first launched, many agents, such as myself, were told that the "$100 credit" was supposed to be in the form of a credit on the customer's bill and we would have "no problem" getting the customer a $100 bill credit 2 years down the road when it the firs customers were due.

2 years later, guess what? Sorry, you can't participate in the program.

Not to mention, right around that time they cut our Upgrade commision by $75. We USED to get nearly new activation price before that.

NE2 does NOTHING to keep customers from jumping carriers anyway. All it does it create whinny customers who are fell they are entitled to a free $400 phone every 2 months, or corporate store customers who 75 years old and have expensive, high end phones that get used maybe 15 minutes a month.

All that said, I am glad we get at least the $50, the only NE2 phone we can't really afford to do these days is the Krazr, which doesnt sell anyways.
    Hi there. I'm the guy on the other side of the counter. If you're a jerk to me, guess how hard I'm going to try to help you?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB
    Not to mention, when NE2 first launched, many agents, such as myself, were told that the "$100 credit" was supposed to be in the form of a credit on the customer's bill and we would have "no problem" getting the customer a $100 bill credit 2 years down the road when it the firs customers were due.

2 years later, guess what? Sorry, you can't participate in the program.

All that said, I am glad we get at least the $50, the only NE2 phone we can't really afford to do these days is the Krazr, which doesnt sell anyways.
    One of the unfortunate things with VZW and their marketing and deployment of these "Great programs" is they are full of hype, false promises, and lack a lot of truth.

For example, when EasyPay first launched we were trained on this great new prepaid option. One of the key sellers was Unlimited Nights and Weekends, and the ability to go on Contract after 1 year of paying up on time and having no "Late Payments." I called Prepaid CS and they had never heard of it. After that I no longer told the customers that they could do that. Of course, those customers that were advised that, 1 year has passed and the customers come in and want to know how to get to contract. Of course this is a promise that was never delivered by VZW. And now they don't even offer Unlimited N/W plans (Only 3000 minutes).

I have not been an agent long enough to remember the launch of the NE2 program, however I have been a VZW customer since about 1999 (Right after the BAM merger), however have been an agent long enough to have customers I set up service come in and expect their NE2. Unfortunately we didn't participate in it (Not because we didn't want to) but because VZW wouldn't give us the opportunity to do it.

I am very glad that VZW has finally addressed the New Every Two problem concerning indirect agents, and has allowed us (the agents) the ability to participate in the New Every Two program, even if its only $50. But its just sad to see Verizon change their own internal policies that they, too, only give out $50 to new customers (And customers due $100, after they do a NE2 upgrade, will only get $50 towards NE2 on their next go round) unless they are on a 79+ plan.

I have learned sometimes not to promise the customers anything and let them find out this stuff from Verizon directly. Sometimes its better they not know about New Every Two.. Who knows, 2 years from now Verizon may decide to axe the program complete. If its there 2 years from now, the customer gets a better deal on phones, they are super happy, instead of expect it and it not be there and leave very unhappy (In the case of the first stages of New Every Two and indirect agents). Let's face it.. I've never seen a company that changes their policies literally overnight and doesn't communicate this with the agents (Example: Early Upgrade Policies, Prepaid No longer disconnects accounts).

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well...Just when i was thinking the grass was greener on your alls side...Seems we all got BS to deal with.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For example, when EasyPay first launched we were trained on this great new prepaid option. One of the key sellers was Unlimited Nights and Weekends, and the ability to go on Contract after 1 year of paying up on time and having no "Late Payments." I called Prepaid CS and they had never heard of it.

Thats the first I have ever heard of that. Was never any mention of moving EasyPay customers over to contract plans after a year when we had traning on it.

KC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2