Thread: E61 Firmware upgrade / BlackBerry issue

Feedback Score

E61 Firmware upgrade / BlackBerry issue

Hello -

I have successfully upgraded my E61 to firmware version 3.0633.09.04. I have observed many nice improvements such as dramatically faster contact lookup etc.

Prior to the upgrade, my the BlackBerry e-mail support for 3 POP email accounts worked very well (near instant push).

After installing the latest version of the BlackBerry software (6.44.3) I was able to pull e-mail from each account but it will not push as before. This is very annoying rendering the e-mail function nearly useless. However, sending mail works as before.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this will be very appreciated.

-p

p.s. my provider is t-mobile w/internet and blackberry service ... which used to work.

Device(s)
    Nokia e61
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i have the same phone, same firmware, same blackberry client, and on tmo and mine works just fine. maybe there is a problem with your bb service not the device. you could try re-sending services books from the bis site. bis also isn't total push email it checks every like 15 min or something if i remember correctly. some email hosts can push over bis, like gmail will push over bis.

Feedback Score
    I'm in the exact same boat, however I un-installed the BB software and re-installed it, but now I can't evn choose an option to change and BB settings and now for some reason it can't recieve the service books. What software do I need to download and from where? Nokia's site doesnt offer software for Tmobile USA E61 option.

Device(s)
    Nokia E61
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just upgrade the firmware and am having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution to this?