Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Escalated Employee?!?!?!?!

Device(s)
    Now: Blackberry Pearl. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Carrier(s)
    PG490
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kunundrum0
    me: you know i can acutally fix that for you right now if youd like or i can transfer you and you can talk to my supervisor, who requires assistance to powercycle their own phone.
    Fixed.

Really though. Most of the time, reps know more than supervisors. I'd always tell customers that my supervisor supervises, but I take calls - I'm the expert.
    My thoughts, opinions, hopes, and dreams, are representative of Alltel. Yeah, that's right. I work for Alltel.

Feedback Score
    if you sup knows more than you then you are in an abnormal situation I'd say...or maybe that's because our center is only recently 1 year old.

Also It's been emphasized to us that its not how much we know as much is our ability to utilize the policy in front of us. not that this is you, but in most of the calls we've calibrated the CCR failed to consult the policy and ended up giving old answers that had
    changed.

edit: just noticed you work for alltel...nevermind...
    Last edited by akijikan; 03-09-2007 at 01:36 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen Ever
    Fixed.

Really though. Most of the time, reps know more than supervisors. I'd always tell customers that my supervisor supervises, but I take calls - I'm the expert.

or a certain set of coaches ive run into couldn't follow the bootstrapping instructions for an mda

Device(s)
    Now: Blackberry Pearl. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Carrier(s)
    PG490
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kunundrum0
    or a certain set of coaches ive run into couldn't follow the bootstrapping instructions for an mda
    The diagram is intimidating!!

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8100 Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    The diagram is intimidating!!
    oh quit your whining jen it's not that intimidating!

As far as the movie about call centers -- my production company has been toying with that idea being all of us work at t-mo as well --- but the funding is what we'd have problems with since i'm a stickler for production value and not wanting it to be a 'prank call' kind of movie.

But the script we've been tossing around is not too bad so far
    Hello -- go to www.wtfentertainment.com -- my opinions are mine and mine alone... and Alltel's. We all work for Alltel.

Feedback Score

Employee Escalations

I was not surprised, nor was I shocked that some of the respondents had an employee escalate for any reason.
    In the many years I have worked for my carrier, I have had only three and they were all new hires in training that wanted something outside of policy. I don't rat on my friends, I don't turn in notices, but you bet I sent emails to their coaches and not one of them works for us anymore.
    If I am rude or inconsiderate, then by all means escalate and let my coach, supervisor or manager know. If I am not following policy or procedures, shout it to the hilltops and tell everyone that I accountable to.
    But if you want me to waive $400.00 in new handsets you bought and adjust $100.00 for downloads your boyfriend was doing while you were at work, and then escalate to my supervisor because I could not do so per policy, be prepared for another line of work.

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmobilizer
    i dont like crediting customers anything because my theory is 95% of them are idiots.
    Very informative!
    Good to know what you think of the people who generate your income.
    Device: G1
    Network: T-Mobile US

Carpe Carne

Device(s)
    G1, Nokia N95, LG KE770 Gold, Nokia 6301
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Voice and Data;
    Feedback Score
    When I worked at T-Mobile, I never would have escalated for myself, but when I was calling on behalf of a customer I would escalate if need be.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmobilizer
    well i would agree... but thats very far from reality. retail reps do NOT have the same access as some customer care reps, financial reps, tech, etc.

especially when it comes to streamline...

Do you have access to one voice?

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tboshearz
    Trust me, escalating a call is the last thing I want because it kills my CRT... so I definitely let the customer know that there is a policy set in place for us to follow and that the supervisor is going to tell them the exact same thing.

For whatever reason, they never take that as an acceptable answer, they just HAVE to hear it from someone with "supervisor" somewhere in their title.
    I haven't met a SR or Coach that believes telling a cust "the supervisor is going to tell them the exact same thing " is acceptable. Affirming you have the same power as your supervisor, as in you can go explain the situation to him/her and ask for exactly what the customer wants is often a better route. Plus, upon listening in on or reviewing an escalation I've learned a thing or two.

. I'd always tell customers that my supervisor supervises, but I take calls - I'm the expert.
    That's awesome lol.

Quote Originally Posted by akijikan
    if you sup knows more than you then you are in an abnormal situation I'd say...or maybe that's because our center is only recently 1 year old.

Also It's been emphasized to us that its not how much we know as much is our ability to utilize the policy in front of us. not that this is you, but in most of the calls we've calibrated the CCR failed to consult the policy and ended up giving old answers that had
    changed.
    Given that knowledge you'd think "they" would come up with a better system to alert reps of changes.

It would be too expensive and probably would break all the time, but a ticker tape-like rundown of key points on policy changes which ran on QuickTool, it's tool big anyway, would be nice.
    Last edited by pinot; 02-06-2009 at 05:31 AM.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Dash
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinot
    I haven't met a SR or Coach that believes telling a cust "the supervisor is going to tell them the exact same thing " is acceptable. Affirming you have the same power as your supervisor, as in you can go explain the situation to him/her and ask for exactly what the customer wants is often a better route. Plus, upon listening in on or reviewing an escalation I've learned a thing or two.
    Telling a customer verbatim, "it's pointless for you to escalate because they are going to tell you the exact same thing" will 99.9 percent of the time end up in them escalating.

However telling them that in a differently worded phrase can often be the difference between a customer choosing to go above you and accepting your answer for what it is.

I've learned that it's not always what you are telling them, it's how you are telling them.

So for the record, yes I let them know it's going to be the same answer, but I don't come out and invite them to escalate on me. Generally I would let them know the policy set in place cannot be altered in this situation, however i'd be more than willing to check with my supervisor on your behalf to assure this is the case.

I don't really even like doing that, as it just re-affirms to them that you really don't make the final decision, but they know that anyways. What I have found is that this does infact keep a fair bit of upset customers from going over me.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tboshearz
    Telling a customer verbatim, "it's pointless for you to escalate because they are going to tell you the exact same thing" will 99.9 percent of the time end up in them escalating.

However telling them that in a differently worded phrase can often be the difference between a customer choosing to go above you and accepting your answer for what it is.

I've learned that it's not always what you are telling them, it's how you are telling them.

So for the record, yes I let them know it's going to be the same answer, but I don't come out and invite them to escalate on me. Generally I would let them know the policy set in place cannot be altered in this situation, however i'd be more than willing to check with my supervisor on your behalf to assure this is the case.

I don't really even like doing that, as it just re-affirms to them that you really don't make the final decision, but they know that anyways. What I have found is that this does infact keep a fair bit of upset customers from going over me.
    I usually position it as "what you're asking for is outside of T-Mobile policy, but I will go to bat for you too see if there is any possible exception."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3