Thread: How much does t-mobile plan on expanding in the midwest this year?

Feedback Score

How much does t-mobile plan on expanding in the midwest this year?

How much does t-mobile plan on expanding in the midwest this year? I'm more worried about SE Wisconsin in general, and Wisconsin as a whole. There is a small square area in SE Wisconsin that seems quite open, and i live probably 20 min east of that area. I would like to go with t-mobile but this is what is keeping me back

Anyone know about what they plan on this year?

Feedback Score
    ttt

Carrier(s)
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    They aren't expanding their existing coverage areas. They are probably just trying to acquire new markets and new states before improving the current network.

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Sak
    ttt
    So you dont see them expanding their coverage area in states they are already in?

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    TM is always expanding, otherwise they might as well lay off most or their engineering dept. The focus this year, as i've read, is to improve service in the areas that are already covered. After teh Q4 reports, most companies have released a cut in expansion budget, TM reported that they will increase funding (there was a link posted here ar howard forums, but search is down).
    yep.

Device(s)
    Moto Cliq
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Here is a bit of info concerning coverage, in general, that TM filed with the SEC last week in their annual report:

"Operate high quality networks with nationwide coverage: We have essentially completed the initial GSM/GPRS network build−out of the major population centers for which we hold licenses, and are now primarily focused on improving network coverage, quality and capacity within and
    around the urban markets we currently serve.
    In addition, we plan to deploy Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution (“EDGE”) technology in selected areas to increase data transmission rates beyond those available through our existing GPRS network. Still in the early stages of deployment, our Wi−Fi network is
    the largest of its kind in the United States with over 2,200
    T−Mobile HotSpot locations in Starbucks coffeehouses, American Airlines Admirals Clubs and airports, and we plan to continue the rapid expansion of the network. Plans for 2003 include additional Starbucks locations, over 400 Borders
    Books and Music locations and 100 of the most frequented American Airlines, Inc., Delta Air Lines, Inc. and United Air Lines, Inc. airline clubs and lounges, with expansion to the boarding gates as airport approvals are secured. We will continue to seek opportunities to expand the service into quality locations where
    people already visit and are prone to want high−speed data services when they are away from their home or office."

Device(s)
    Black Jack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I just spoke to them yesterday and they are adding a new tower in my area a mile away in two months

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by haciola
    I just spoke to them yesterday and they are adding a new tower in my area a mile away in two months
    I spoke to Mr. T yesterday too and he didn't say anything like that!
    Sounds dubious to me...

Where are you, BTW???

Device(s)
    Black Jack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    South Suburbs of Chicago...

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular. Raising the Bar™
    Feedback Score
    How do you 'talk' to T-Mo? is there some sort of number that takes you right to their network expansion division or something?

GSM: now more than 1 Billion orGaSMs worldwide

UPenn 2007

Device(s)
    iPhone (unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by JohnnyK
    How do you 'talk' to T-Mo? is there some sort of number that takes you right to their network expansion division or something?

Maybe he meant CS? And boy they sure are smart.

Feedback Score
    I think (ttt) = (T-Mo + At&t)

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by JohnnyK
    Hehe -- well, the "Mr. T" reference was a bit of a joke Anyway, as far as the other poster, who knows. I suppose that a CS rep could say such a thing to shake you off the phone (seems like most CS reps for most companies take a "getting you off the phone is job #1" approach).

As far as "direct" contact with someone "in the know" at T-Mo? I've found that more difficult than most other wireless companies. I've historically worked thru a corporate rep who'll forward an email around to engineering. Sometimes (if you're a well known entity to the corporate rep.) you'll get ahold of a real engineer.

For whatever reason, it took me nearly a year to crack thru to someone locally at T-Mo. I have discussed with a local RF engineer short term buildout stuff for my area. I've even gotten them to fix some neighborization handoff issues! Getting to that point as an outsider (and maintaining the relationship) is difficult at best...

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular. Raising the Bar™
    Feedback Score
    Does your friend know about any deployment in the suburbs of Philadelphia?