Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scammer: CTW / R34GTR / PDAGURU (aka Todd Whaley)

Device(s)
    HTZ Rhodium - VZW TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Scammer: CTW / R34GTR / PDAGURU (aka Todd Whaley)

On 1/15/07, I listed a HTC TyTN for sale:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1089166

I agreed to sell it to a HoFo member named CTW. Due to the fact that he had a relatively high number of posts here, and to other positive interactions with him, I let myself be convinced to send him the TyTN prior to payment of $583.00.

DUMB ME!!!!

I have tried to contact him repeatedly, via PM, email, and phone. The few times he has responded, he has given me various excuses about why he hasn't paid or sent the TyTN back... I've given him several 'extensions' to deal with this, but as of today, enough is enough.

In the course of researching him, I have found several other forums where there are instances of his bad dealing.

I am filing complaints with:
    Federal Bureau of Investigation
    Federal Trade Commission
    National Association of Attorneys General
    National Fraud Information Center
    National White Collar Crime Center
    U.S. Postal Inspection Service

I am also going to post information about his bad dealing on the various forums where I can find him, as well as on "reputation" sites like Heatware and SquareTrade.

FYI, if anybody sees him around here again, he is:
    (Christopher) Todd Whaley
    Piqua, Ohio

His name here is CTW, but most other places and emails he uses some variant with 'alias' in it. I have collected quite a lot of information about him, without paying for a background check or the like. Please contact me if you know anything further about him... and STAY AWAY!!!

Richard
    I'm at Dr. Johnson's office for a dental appointment.

Don't you want a dialpad??

As I just checked his profile, his account is already banned.
    [email protected] is the e-maill he register on HOFO. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Moderator HF 16; 02-17-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Device(s)
    HTZ Rhodium - VZW TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think Mike Chandler may have banned him, when I made Mike aware of what was happening.

thanks.
    Last edited by Moderator HF 16; 02-17-2007 at 04:23 PM.

Device(s)
    HTZ Rhodium - VZW TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Please keep your eyes open for this guy on other forums.

I was poking around the Internet researching him, and found this from last week:
    http://www.eten-users.net/index.php?...=0&#entry42471

Positively, definitely, 100% the same guy... Having just stolen my TyTN, I can think of no other reason that he would be looking to "buy" an E-TEN M700 or an X500, other than looking to rip off someone else, as I posted there (just to clarify, I know for a fact that he is not wealthy, nor is he a serial PDA buyer like some HoFoers).

My bad for getting scammed: I fear that I have created a monster!

I should have posted it before, but here is additional information that I have on him:

Forum names:
    AnandTech - CTW
    ETEN Users Forum - Alias5785
    FreshAlloy - Alias240
    Hardforum - Alias2
    Heatware - Alias
    HowardForums - CTW
    R6Messagenet - Alias
    Ragezone - Alias5785

Email addresses:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected] (not active)
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Device(s)
    HTZ Rhodium - VZW TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This makes me SO ANGRY... researching a bit more, and found this:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpodos
    This makes me SO ANGRY... researching a bit more, and found this:

Ouch man. I'm in the Troy Ohio area, 7 miles from him. Send me a PM. I might be able to help. That name sounds familiar too. How old is this guy?

Feedback Score
    He was back as PDAGURU and R34GTR.

Device(s)
    HTZ Rhodium - VZW TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Unbelievable. I need to check something, then I have one heckuva story to tell.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Feedback Score
    damn... thanks RPODOS! i was about to get screwed by this person! thanks for keeping an eye out ;-)

Feedback Score

Public Apology......

This is my apology to Richard. Your phone has been returned to you. Although I shipped to the address on your buisness card, which didn't include the APT #. So you might want to watch for it, or catch your mail person.

I want to set one thing straight. I never intended to scam anyone, I counted my eggs before they hatched, and lost. If I sold the phone, it was to repay Richard, not for my personal gain, I didn't even get to use the phone longer than 2 days. When I realized I couldn't pay right away I packed it back up, and it sat. Richard will see this when he sees the call timer, MAX 40 minutes of usage.

Anyways, Richard. I am sorry, I hope you find a buyer soon. I almost had it taken care of for you.

I think I found my XV6700 on E-Bay (which I hate). Hopefully there are some good tips in this forum.

Device(s)
    HTZ Rhodium - VZW TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have received the returned TyTN, in substantially the same condition.

I will post more about this experience later.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Get More|Telekom Catherine Zeta Jones Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I've been also been scammed by this scum bag... was offered close to $300 for my expedited services for a MDA... which this again scum bag failed to mention

At first he played along that the USPS screwed up on the MO... but after a voicemail message and an email... no reply... I soon forgot until now.

His phone number is discontinued. I have yet to hear from him or the USPS MO since.

I found rpodos' mark on heatware where he left him a negative... with the help of rpodos you'll go down again