Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Back up assistance free?

Device(s)
    LG Env2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If I block our phones from accessing the web will the backup assistance still be able to update nightly? And again you say that we are not charged for this correct?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IGIVCSP
    If I block our phones from accessing the web will the backup assistance still be able to update nightly? And again you say that we are not charged for this correct?
    You should not be charged (assuming you have My Verzion account), and it should all work as long as you don't completely block data on your line.

Device(s)
    RaZr V3m "Vivo Flashed"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon {AC11 + Inpulse} &
    Feedback Score
    Thy never charge me the $1.99 fee per month but do charge for a text every time the contacts are updated to my phone as i have no text or data plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogTurd
    Thy never charge me the $1.99 fee per month but do charge for a text every time the contacts are updated to my phone as i have no text or data plan.
    There shouldn't be any text messaging involved, unless you specifically initiate and update from the online site (instead of basically letting it all sync up automatically when the phone connects daily on its own).

Device(s)
    RaZr V3m "Vivo Flashed"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon {AC11 + Inpulse} &
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C DM
    There shouldn't be any text messaging involved, unless you specifically initiate and update from the online site (instead of basically letting it all sync up automatically when the phone connects daily on its own).
    Yea , i guess that is what i did "update from the online site", as i was playing around with it a bit and changed the numbers a few times and then changed to another phone.
    So if i let it update auto it will never charge for a text?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDogTurd
    Yea , i guess that is what i did "update from the online site", as i was playing around with it a bit and changed the numbers a few times and then changed to another phone.
    So if i let it update auto it will never charge for a text?
    That's correct.

Device(s)
    LG VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No, you are not charged for the data used by Backup Assistant (or VZ Navigator, for example).
    If you are on the new Nationwide plan, Backup Assistant does use megabytes everytime it updates. Therefore you will be charge the $1.99/MB. I just spoke with a VZW rep about this yesterday.

Device(s)
    LG VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You should not be charged (assuming you have My Verzion account), and it should all work as long as you don't completely block data on your line.
    You can block mobile web and get it now usage and if you had the back up assistant on the phone before these blocks were put into place, backup assistant will still work. This was info after a lengthy discussion with a few VZW reps.

Device(s)
    LG VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you are on the old America's Choice plan, you will not be charged. If you are on the new Nationwide plans, you will incur the $1.99/MB fee.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skipsmith2
    If you are on the new Nationwide plan, Backup Assistant does use megabytes everytime it updates. Therefore you will be charge the $1.99/MB. I just spoke with a VZW rep about this yesterday.
    When you download the application initially or get a new version of it, yes, you would incur charges for that data. When you are actually using the application and it uses data for something that data should not incur charges. For more information a thread like http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1348470, among various others on the topic, should be of some use.

Device(s)
    LG VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    When you download the application initially or get a new version of it, yes, you would incur charges for that data. When you are actually using the application and it uses data for something that data should not incur charges. For more information a thread like http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1348470, among various others on the topic, should be of some use.

So, from reading the link you provided, it looks to me like I shouldn't be billed the MB usage that Backup Assistant uses and the CSR I spoke to today is wrong?

Feedback Score
    So, from reading the link you provided, it looks to me like I shouldn't be billed the MB usage that Backup Assistant uses and the CSR I spoke to today is wrong?
    It seems that way. Unfortunately getting accurate information from CSRs is fairly random--sometimes you get someone who knows the correct answer, and sometimes you don't (even if they say that it's the correct answer).

Device(s)
    LG VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    How would I go about disputing this charge then?

Feedback Score
    How would I go about disputing this charge then?
    Realistically speaking, assuming you truly know it's not from the actual download of the application or and upgrade that was download (or from some other chargeable data usage on the phone), you basically need to talk to someone knowledgeable and helpful at VZW--it might take a few calls to get to someone like that though.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am not the primary line holder on the account, but I have a My Verizon account.

I have the LG Dare and have it downloaded and set up.

There will be no
    1.99 charge correct? Sorry I'm just confused!

Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast