Thread: Rogers Client Switching To TM - But is The Phone Worth It?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question Rogers Client Switching To TM - But is The Phone Worth It?

Been a long time lurker here....figured I would get some solid opinions.

I'm currently working with TM. I currently have a rogers Samsung T-609. I couldn't be happier with this phone. I love it. Had no problems transferring data, pic files, MP3s, adding my own custom ringtones. All in all this is the best phone I've owned and used so far.

However, working with TM I get a damn good employee purchase plan. I'm in a situation where I need to cut back on my expenses as much as possible and I havent had a bad experience with my past TM experience years ago. (I only changed because my contract was up and decided to try something new.)

The Phone that has caught my eye since I've gone through training has been the A720. I like the look of it. I've played around with it a bit and its the phone I would love to have and use. But the thing is, it seems like I'll be losing A LOT of my ability to customize my phone or to transfer any pictures or videos I take to my computer. The phone can get mp3 ringtones (I've been following the A720 hack thread religiously)etc but it looks like its a huge pain in the *** and only some of the users who really know what they're doing have been able to get their ringtones and custom images etc to work. Even some of those who knew what they were doing and did the same procedures as others, couldnt get things to work.

So I'm wondering: I love my Rogers Phone. I love my employee plan I can get w/Telus. Should I go forward and switch to TM once WNP hits? Or keep my Awesome phone that I know I'll be happy with and that i can customize?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700, BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Phones should hardly be the determining factor of where you sign up for service. In another year who is to say which provider will come out with the next best thing. Go where you get the best bang for buck. In the end it comes down to how much you save not what kind of flashy phone you can hang on your belt clip temporarily for a year before the next best phone comes out that you'll just have to have.
    The meaning of religion:

Catholicism teaches: if * happens, you deserve it.
    Christianity teaches: if * happens, Praise god for it.
    Confucianism teaches: if * happens, let it happen properly.
    Taoism teaches: if you understand *, it isnt *.
    Buddhism teaches: if * happens, it isnt really * b/c everything that happens to you is good.
    Hinduism teaches: I've seen this * before...
    Shintoism teaches: you inherit the * of your ancestors.
    Atheism says I dont believe this *!!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I agree with that statement. I'm not about getting the most flashy just to show off more than looking for a phone that will do what I want. if that was the case I'd just go with the chocolate or Krzr. I'm happy with my Rogers Service, and my service when i was with Telus was great as well. So I know both services are great. (As far as my experience goes)

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Maybe threaten to leave Rogers and they'll give you some kind of deal on your plan? Tell them about the plan Telus can give you and they will probably not match it, but at least give you your current plan a little cheaper maybe? Just a thought. Don't sign a 3 year contract though. 2 year max I'd say.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Heh, rogers couldn't go as low as 0.00 per month with only sys access fee unfortunately. But that could be another option. Thanks

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NKRaistlin
    Heh, rogers couldn't go as low as 0.00 per month with only sys access fee unfortunately. But that could be another option. Thanks

well u may not like this solution but why not get a q or something where nothing is blocked on it

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs/Bold2 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    U gotta factor in the long term savings and see which one tips, customization or long term savings...i mean nothing is perfect theres no way to get the best of both worlds, u give some and take some. as long as wat u take is more than wat u give, its all good right?

Device(s)
    Treo 755P
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    I have a Treo 700P from Telus and can do anything I want with it. Never going back to a regular cellphone again.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ^ Too bad its not a Treo that I want. I've actually had a lot of calls and heard of problems with the Treo's. I have my PC for data

Thanks for the advice guys. Much Appreciated.