Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Song a168

Device(s)
    G1 + N800 (open source tag team)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Song a168

Found this phone on ebay by mistake. Wondered if anyone knew anything about it. I figure it's an HK special, but it looks halfway interesting. Any background on the company or the quality of their products?
    2000th post dedicated to the best phone ever - The Sidekick

Feedback Score
    I'm living in Hong Kong, so I've been using this phone for almost 6 months.

I bought it for about $1280HK($165us/$128eu) in Nov. 06.

For this price, its quality is excellent, it comes with all functions you need, BT with A2DP, a decent 5 point auto-focus camera, MP3, Radio.

The photo quality is quite good indeed, i must admit it is not as good as SE K800i or Sharp 903, but, its performance outcast many branded mobile phones. A168's camera is a 2.0MP CMOS camera, and with the help of the software, it can take photos in 3.2MP. It's macro performance is the best I ever seen in mobile phones, it's even better than my wife's K800i. However, the flash is very poor, even worser than a candle, so, don't expect to take any photo in complete darkness.

like other brands, it may have some bugs, such as the touch screen may sometimes have no response when you set the screensaver with a gif image, and some users said they have a serious problem causing the phone into a looping status after sending files via BT to other phones and need to take it to repair. I'm lucky enough that i never encounter this serious problem. (Firmware can be upgraded by sending the phone to service centers.)

I'm quite satisfy with this phone, since it gives me all the functions I needed, such as radio, MP3, a very good snapshot camera, BT file exchange. i will say it's a very good phone for its price, however, if you require your phone to do more (but, i think your budget should increase too!!), you may have to re-consider.

Here are some drawbacks you may like to know:
    - JAVA is poor, it only have 2MB for JAVA, so, you may not install much applications/games into your phone. And it's slow too, don't expect to play 3D games on it.
    - For some strange reasons, I can't get my sent SMS message found in the "Sent" folder, so I can't keep track what I sent, and whom I sent. (I don't know if others have the same problem, or it's becoz of my old SIM card)
    - It didn't come with any synchronization software, so, you may need to download 3rd party software to manage the phone book if you need to synchronize it with your PC.
    - The to-do list cannot sync with PC, and it only have 10 to-do items for you to add.
    - It didn't have any e-mail function, and its built-in browser is crap. (BTW, I installed JAVA opera mini to solve the problem.)
    - There are 3 themes available, however, they are boring, just changing the color tones, and cannot add your own theme. (You can't ask more for such pricing, right??)
    - It didn't have digital zoom except you're shooting in 320x240 mode.

I've been using a lots of branded phone, and I used to be a journalist on PDA/Phone field in the past, and I would recommend this phone if you're using it for fun than for business usage. It's quality is good for its price.

Feel free to ask if I have anything missing... or you would like to know more about it.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    care to post any pictures of camera shots?

Feedback Score
    yes, when i go back home tonight. it's afternoon in hk now.

Feedback Score
    Samples taken by A168

I hope you'll like these samples.

Device(s)
    G1 + N800 (open source tag team)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the review!! I REALLY appreciate it. I liked the idea of this phone as something fun and cheap. Make calls, listen to music, send the occasional SMS.

For SMS, is there an onscreen qwerty, or does it do a T9 input?

Feedback Score
    No T9, however, it has an on-screen keyboard, or you can input by handwriting.

BTW, just for your info, it has a newer model with keypad.

check the manufacturer's website for more details, D112's info are in-correct indeed.
    new model: (Song 668)
    http://www.comwise.com.hk/en/cp/d112.html
    (Song A168)
    http://www.comwise.com.hk/en/cp/d120.html

i forget to mention, A168 has a very very good stand-by time, i've been listening to radio for about 8 hours, and running JAVA for about 1 hour, take some photos, and make about 10-20minutes phone calls, it only use 1/3 battery. and for my normal usage, the battery can last for 3-4 days. and it can be charged via USB port. Nice and friendly, isn't it??

Feedback Score

to tiger_bb

Please tell me where can i download drivers and software for Song A168?

Feedback Score
    what do you mean by driver and software?? A168 cannot install any software except JAVA games and applications.

BTW, there is no driver or CD in the box.

if you need driver for A168, you can do a search in google, with keyword "MT6227", since A168 is using MT6227 solution. I don't think it's appropriate to spread the driver here.

Device(s)
    Mytouch slide 3g
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    looks like a nice device. i really must have t9 though.

Feedback Score

to tiger_bb

I am already have bought SongA168, but i have no any drivers to connect it with com port.
    Does Song A168 have any O/S? Not sure, but may be, its close to/or is 'SavaJe ' ?
    Does Song A168 have any WEB tech support?
    What program i must install for read text on it (*.txt, *.doc)

Feedback Score
    Do you know where is free download MT6227?

Feedback Score
    no web tech, you may contact comwise.com.hk, you may try, not sure if they will answer emails in english, they don't expect to sell their phones to foreign countries. why not contact your A168 seller for help??

to read .txt, you should install moto-txt, however, i 'm not sure if you read chinese or not, and i'm not sure if the software have english interface.

it's not a ppc/palm phone, don't expect it can read .doc file.
    ------------------
    pls use google to search for the driver, i don't think it's difficult to find something using google.

no more driver request pls. thanks!!

Feedback Score
    I`m already tried to contact comwise.com.hk, they did not answer.
    I have bought it in US (ebay.com), and seller have no any soft for Song.
    I live in Russia and i want to Reflesh it.
    Of couse i know about google and i`m allready have try to search, and of couse, have found some links, but I connect to internet by duil up with dinamic IP from RU-zone and could not complit registratin in COM-zone. That is why i`m asking here.
    For how much i can buy Song A168 in HK now?

Feedback Score
    USB driver for A168
    http://dl9.ohshare.com/v/855322/USB_...river.zip.html

For software which for reflashing the firmware, i don't have it, and i don't think it can be downloadable, besides, it may need special hardware to work with the software.

today's price is $1180HK($118eu)

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast