Device(s)
    Nokia 58..
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

V325i questions

My family and I are on the verizon 2 year plan deal and yesterday upgraded our phones to the LG vx5300. I don't use the camera, video, games, messaging etc. Just want a simple, easy to use phone with good reception, ear piece volume and clarity etc. I need an analog phone and would like bluetooth capability. In addition I much favor the flip phone form factor.

I like just about everything on the LG except the fact that the external screen does not stay on when the phone is on. I find this very irritating as I'm not the type to be futzing with the phone every 3 minutes looking to see if I missed a call (either by pushing a button or opening the flip). Many times I just leave the phone sitting on the center console of my truck and I would like to be able to glance over and confirm that the phone is on, and if I have missed any calls.

From my understanding the v325i is the only verizon phone to offer the flip form factor, tri-mode, blue tooth and an always on front display???

So I went to the verizon store this morning to check out the v325i and the external display was actually pretty easy to read (probably washed out in sunlight, but that is true for many displays). In addition the 325i seemed to be more robust than the LG. However, there are a couple of things that I didn't really care for and was wondering if folks could comment on if these things have been issues for you or not with the v325i.

1. First thing I noticed was the key pad keys were soft and mushy compared to the LG's. The v325i keys did not have the same tactile feedback that the LG's have. In addition the key layout and design did not seem to differentiate the keys as well as the Lg

2. The phone was quite slow to respond to commands, taking noticeable more time than the LG (which is pretty much instant)

Have these been issues for you guys that have the v325i?

Also, do you find the always on front display to be a benefit, or a take or leave it type feature?

Finally, my understanding is I have 15 days to exchange the LG for another phone. If I exchange it for the V325i and decide I like the LG better can I trade back, or is there a limit on how much trading one can do in the 15 day period.

Thanks
    Wayne

Device(s)
    EVO, at the moment
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (back after 2 years with Sprint)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My personal opinion is that you would be much happier with the v325i. My wife has the v325, and I just went with my mother in law to help her pick a new phone, she chose the v325i. The keypad seems firm on hers, as with my wife's v325. Slow response to commands is typical for all the Verizon Motos, esp when compared to an LG...my LG vx8300 is lightning fast compared to my Moto K1m. The outside screen on the v325i is nice because you don't have to push anything to turn it on, granted it's not a color screen; it might not be an issue for you, though. The biggest plus for the v325i over the LG, is that rf will be far superior. Being a lower end Verizon phone, the v325i is among the top performers for rf. Strong signal, more than adequate earpiece volume. If it were me, I would take the v325i hands down.

Device(s)
    Motorola V3m (Flashed to Vivo Monster)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have the Samsung a870. It's tri-mode with Bluetooth. Yeah, the 325 is the only tri-mode Bluetooth phone with an always-on display. The 870, however, has the "instantaneous" menu response you're looking for. It's pretty compact and the RF is pretty good. Voice clarity is off the charts. Check it out, it might be what you're looking for.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My wife also chose the vx5300, and, while she has been a fan of LG's, this one is a step down from her vx6100. It's probably going back.

Yes, the latency of the 325 is somewhat annoying, but it is common among VZW UI's, and the Motorola's aren't as bad as some...so it is acceptable. It has not been a problem in menu selections or entering alphanumerics. Since I use both phones, the difference in key feel & layout is negligible.

I had no idea how much I appreciated the always-on feature of the 325's external screen until I used the vx5300. "Is it on?" The 325 monochrome LCD screen uses very little battery power, something a multi-color screen could not do.
    Bill Radio
    Mountain Wireless Network Reports & Ratings,
    Coverage Maps,
    Wireless Roaming

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The V325i has several advantages:
    -Better Reception
    -Better Build Quality
    -Time is very easy to read in sunlight
    -Main screen is of higher resolution and is actually visible in sunlight
    -Speakerphone works with the flip closed

The slower menu response is semi-normal, but one has to remember that the floor model at the store is loaded with junk from people messing around with the phone. The keypad on this display model is probably loosened by constant pounding by customers. As the posters above have stated, the V325i has a very firm keypad with distinct clicks. Out of the box, the V325i is quite quick and as long as it doesn't get loaded down with texts and pictures, it should be fine. I'd highly recommend the V325i.
    Last edited by GuyinLACA; 03-21-2007 at 11:51 PM.

Device(s)
    BB 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne02
    I had issues with the call list not showing up correctly. I also didn't like the lack of a memory card slot. Otherwise it was a pretty good phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm in the market for a tri-mode phone and I'm leaning towards this because people seem to say it has the best reception. As for the keys, the ones on the dummy one in the store actually rocked back and forth, and left and right; do they do this in the phone?

Does anybody carry the V325i in your front pants pocket? Is it comfortable? That's the only other thing about it, it's not as sleek as the others. Also I wonder if that antenna is as sturdy as the rest of the phone; I broke that kind of antenna on a Kyocera once. If I get it I might get a spare antenna as well.
    Last edited by riker1384; 04-02-2007 at 10:34 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The keypad is solid on all the ones I've seen. The size is comfortable, and I'd imagine it's a good size for pockets. The antenna seems fairly durable, AS LONG AS you tighten it every couple of weeks. I've never seen one break off but I suppose it's possible if one is hard on their phones.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You wouldn't be let down by the v325i at all:

- It is faster than any v3m or k1m I've compared it to
    - It isn't a huge bulky phone. I don't mind it in my pocket
    - I've dropped it from 3/4 the way up a phone pole before and it didn't break
    - AWESOME reception.
    - Ring lights are awesome
    - Speaker phone while closed rocks
    - The usb charging port makes tethering easy
    - Is the perfect cross between a practical phone and cool features

Try it out. You will love it!
    Last edited by Silveralt98; 04-04-2007 at 04:52 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8330
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've been using the V325 since the day they were released in December 2005. I use it daily, moderate to heavy use. I also carry it with me in "challenging" situations such as riding stables, trail hiking and riding, etc. Granted, this is the V325, not the V325i, but the only real difference is Bluetooth.

1. The reception is terrific. So is the sound quality.

2. The build quality and durability are excellent. I've dropped it a few times without problem. Only a few little dings on the outer casing.

(Those are the two most important things for me.)

3. Keypad on mine has always been firm and responsive. No loose keys, no mushy feel. Clamshell and antenna are as solid as they were out of the box.

4. Menu response has always been swift for me, but I don't have the phone loaded up with tons of texts, games and photos. A few photos, one game, a few texts, that's it.

5. Speakerphone is pretty good. Great feature that the speaker AND the hands free both work with the clamshell closed. My only beef is with the placement of the speaker - on the back of the phone. When you set the phone down to talk on the speaker, the sound is automatically somewhat muffled.

6. External display is everything I need. The white on black is much more visible in daylight than a color or standard monochrome display. The black and white display is always on and uses much less juice than a color display.

7. Mini USB connector is easy to use and sturdy.

I've had almost no problems with the V325. It's a real workhorse for a great price. Highly recommended for your uses.
    Last edited by Zingaro; 04-04-2007 at 05:13 PM.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have mine in my front pocket 15 hours a day. I don't even notice it's there unless it rings or if I hit something with my leg.

On the negative side. When women see the bump in my pants they give me this pathetic look like I've got a small nub. Oh how I miss the giant brick phones that used to fill my pocket.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I ended up in a Best Buy where they has a real V325i instead of a dummy phone. THe keypad was better, tighter than the one on the dummy. The keys still do rock a little bit and it's not the greatest keypad, but it seems acceptable.

Motorola makes the W315 which is $150 vs $200 for the 325, but it doesn't seem as rugged. The hinge is narrow, and the demo unit I saw had a problem with the panel over the keypad, bowing out. I don't know if its reception is as good.

So the reception isn't as good on the VX5300? What about the Samsung a870? I can get it in a prepay box for much less. It has that sticker saying you can't put your finger over the internal antenna, so I'd think it's not as good. I'm going to go with the 325i although the more streamlined ones are tempting.
    Last edited by riker1384; 04-06-2007 at 12:11 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne02 View Post
    My family and I are on the verizon 2 year plan deal and yesterday upgraded our phones to the LG vx5300. I don't use the camera, video, games, messaging etc. Just want a simple, easy to use phone with good reception, ear piece volume and clarity etc. I need an analog phone and would like bluetooth capability. In addition I much favor the flip phone form factor.

I like just about everything on the LG except the fact that the external screen does not stay on when the phone is on. I find this very irritating as I'm not the type to be futzing with the phone every 3 minutes looking to see if I missed a call (either by pushing a button or opening the flip). Many times I just leave the phone sitting on the center console of my truck and I would like to be able to glance over and confirm that the phone is on, and if I have missed any calls.

From my understanding the v325i is the only verizon phone to offer the flip form factor, tri-mode, blue tooth and an always on front display???

So I went to the verizon store this morning to check out the v325i and the external display was actually pretty easy to read (probably washed out in sunlight, but that is true for many displays). In addition the 325i seemed to be more robust than the LG. However, there are a couple of things that I didn't really care for and was wondering if folks could comment on if these things have been issues for you or not with the v325i.

1. First thing I noticed was the key pad keys were soft and mushy compared to the LG's. The v325i keys did not have the same tactile feedback that the LG's have. In addition the key layout and design did not seem to differentiate the keys as well as the Lg

2. The phone was quite slow to respond to commands, taking noticeable more time than the LG (which is pretty much instant)

Also, do you find the always on front display to be a benefit, or a take or leave it type feature?

Finally, my understanding is I have 15 days to exchange the LG for another phone. If I exchange it for the V325i and decide I like the LG better can I trade back, or is there a limit on how much trading one can do in the 15 day period.

Thanks
    Wayne
    Get the V325i. Great phone.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    Get the V325i. Great phone.
    Well, this thread is from 11 years ago.....
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.