Thread: Saw this on Phonescoop .. Sprint & Samsung Femtocell

Device(s)
    RAZR V3M (Great RF)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint (Crystal clear calling)
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Saw this on Phonescoop .. Sprint & Samsung Femtocell

Saw this today in the News section of http://www.phonescoop.com/

This type of device holds promise if your Sprint coverage is weak/bad in a rural or nearly out of area location and you have broadband service (( say DSL or cable)).

Interesting reading..
    Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy but they become legend ........ For the nefarious knuckle dragging napoleonic mental midgets out there

Device(s)
    Samsung A900, Treo 700wx, Samsung M610, HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    O yeah, I heard about this from somewhere else. It's like a repeater, but you connect it to the DSL/cable/lan instead.

let's see, 4 devices, each device has to be authorized to work with the cell, evdo is supported (wonder what rev?) and it... has a internal GPS to make sure the cell isn't used in areas where sprint does not have license....

Ok, all we have to do is hack the GPS to say it's always in the same place. Then we can use our sprint phones where there is no sprint signal due to licensing issues. Heck, we could use our phones in India .
    Last edited by Darkshadow46236; 04-02-2007 at 10:07 PM.
    Looking for my next new phone...

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 64GB (White)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow46236
    O yeah, I heard about this from somewhere else. It's like a repeater, but you connect it to the DSL/cable/lan instead.

let's see, 4 devices, each device has to be authorized to work with the cell, evdo is supported (wonder what rev?) and it... has a internal GPS to make sure the cell isn't used in areas where sprint does not have license....

Ok, all we have to do is hack the GPS to say it's always in the same place. Then we can use our sprint phones where there is no sprint signal due to licensing issues. Heck, we could use our phones in India .
    It works works where ever Sprint has spectrum... and carriers tend to buy spectrum all over the place... they just don't put towers all over the place because it costs money... with that being said, you can probably use it ANYWHERE in the USA that has a broadband connection for you to hook it up to.

As for hacking the GPS... it is probably possible, but then if you took the phone to Europe, the 850/1900 frequencies are not used by cell phones. Europe uses 900/1800, so using a 850/1900 cell phone with this device might interfere with other European technologies that use 850 or 1900... or they might interfere with your ability to even use the device there.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I definitely wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of these things depending on how much they cost, I could use a little boost at my house since my Q doesn't seem to be as strong in the RF Department as my Sanyo 9000 was.

Device(s)
    Motorola Timeport P8167 (IS-95A)
    Feedback Score
    SPCS has PCS 1900 MHz license(s) for every inch of all 50 states (plus Puerto Rico & the Virgin Islands). For example, in some markets, SPCS controls the PCS A 30 MHz license, in others, the PCS B 30 MHz license, in others, the PCS D 10 MHz license, etc etc.

The interesting issue is how the embedded GPS database correlates location w/ specific SPCS licensed spectrum. That data is akin to the "holy grail" for those Don Quixotes, such as me, who obsess over FCC spectrum assignments.

AJ

Device(s)
    Samsung A900, Treo 700wx, Samsung M610, HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny hotsauce
    I definitely wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of these things depending on how much they cost, I could use a little boost at my house since my Q doesn't seem to be as strong in the RF Department as my Sanyo 9000 was.
    I could use a boost too, one corner of my basement takes the signal all the way down to no bars (rest of the basement has 2-3 bars, and rest of the house goes from 4 bars to full on the Q).

And still, even if it's not quite official I would not mind being able to use my phone, with a US number, inside a office in India or some other country. Think how much easier this would be for traveling sprint users - no need to get a prepaid number, and give out another phone number and have only a small set of those who need to contact you being able to get in touch....

Actually never mind, not being able to take your sprint number overseas is a good thing.
    Last edited by Darkshadow46236; 04-03-2007 at 12:26 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Remember, this device is only 1x, not EVDO