Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast

Thread: PDA PHONES NEED DATA PLANS: Here they are. Quit asking.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

PDA PHONES NEED DATA PLANS: Here they are. Quit asking.

Okay that's it, this is ridiculous, this PDA forum has gone to hell. Every day there must be at least 3 new topics with ignorant first time posters asking if they need a data plan for their PDA phone they may get. Yes! You do! Go read ANY of Verizon's materials on PDA phones and check out the plans. Ask at your nearest Verizon store. Call *611 and ask them. They'll all tell you the same thing.

EDIT: As of November 14, 2008, all PDA/Blackberry phones released on or after this date are required to have a $30/month or higher unlimited (5GB) data package. No ifs, ands, or buts. No more data block, no more pay as you go. You can still use older devices with older data plans/blocks.

1. You can do Pay-As-You-Go Data. It will charge you $15.36 per MB of data. (1.5 cents per KB). You don't want this plan, you will run your bill up to heaven at that rate. You can do Picture and Video messaging without being charged for the data under this plan, just be careful not to let any programs download or send data on their own.

2. 10 MB of data for $24.99. Chances are you will go over this limit. If you're absolutely certain you will be under 10MB and want to save $20 a month, by all means, go for it. Just don't say the angry guy on the internet phone geek message board didn't warn you. It's $5.12 a MB after the limit.

3. $44.99 gets you "Unlimited Data." This will fit most of your needs. Verizon will cut off your service if you hit 5GB but that is a ridiculous amount, just don't stream video 24/7. This is what you should be getting with your PDA.

4. Block all incoming data. You can't send pictures or videos or do anything data related. This takes a lot of fun out of the device, but it is still more safe than Pay As You Go. This would be my other suggested option if you can't afford the unlimited plan.

You need one of those plans, there is no way around it. They can be added to any America's Choice line, familyshare or not. There are also data/voice bundles for SINGLE lines only.

1. $79.99 gets unlimited data and 450 minutes. It's a $4.99 savings over the separate plans.
    2.$109.99 for 1350 minutes and unlimited data. $14.99 savings.
    3.$169.99 gets you 4000 minutes and unlimited data. $24.99 savings.

Do you have a PDA phone and don't want the phone portion of it activated? Well unless you're deaf (and I have had deaf customers get these plans) then you're crazy. But here are THOSE plans too so maybe you won't post a thread asking for them. Actually they're the same as the add-on data plans I listed first, but with $5 added to each (excluding pay as you go obviously.) Phone calls are 25 cents a minute.

Tethering to your device with a laptop for internet access costs $15 a month extra. There are workarounds which I don't fully understand and haven't looked into yet and won't list here because they're against the Terms Of Service.

Please sticky this?
    Last edited by Moderator HF 9; 12-09-2008 at 12:41 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8330 Red
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I was wondering when some one would make this thread.

Device(s)
    Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It is about time someone made this thread. Sticky.

Device(s)
    Amp'd e816 w/Bell FW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    You can do Picture and Video messaging without being charged for the data under this plan, just be careful not to let any programs download or send data on their own.
    Since when does MMS data not count towards the data plan? Every rep that i've spoken to has said that any data, whether picture or video messaging, counts towards my monthly data charges. First I blocked my data and I've since stopped using my PDA phone and switched to a normal phone for this very reason.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320 Titanium (Mine)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by KismetSky
    Since when does MMS data not count towards the data plan? Every rep that i've spoken to has said that any data, whether picture or video messaging, counts towards my monthly data charges. First I blocked my data and I've since stopped using my PDA phone and switched to a normal phone for this very reason.
    i was charged data for every MMS i send when i had the data on my treo. Maybe this is a typo.
    Chris
    Euless TX

http://chris.cotter.me

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    Seriously, it's about time. I can't stand noobs and just plain lazy-*** people that can't search. This topic has been discussed IN DETAIL many times. SEARCH! And if you go and read the threads and feel that someone is wrong or have a question, post in THAT thread or just CALL VZW!! They are there for a reason! Stop cluttering up this forum. There is a reason I and many other Hofo vets have wandered to other sites: all of the constant BS and cluttering of this sub-forum. Thank you PSO.

MODS: Can we please get a banner at the top of this forum about this or at least a sticky?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 | Moto X | Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon|AT&T|Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Can I get a PDA phone without a data plan?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sirclown82
    i was charged data for every MMS i send when i had the data on my treo. Maybe this is a typo.

It's a new policy as of a few months ago, if you're in a Verizon enhanced network area and are not roaming then MMS data isn't supposed to count against your data charge.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kupe
    Can I get a PDA phone without a data plan?
    yup i hurd frm a friend dat heard from dis guy hose sister usd to date this guy that cheated on er wit her sister tat u can get sum plan dat only used ur minites so u don havfta get dat fuukin 45 $ plan. i got dat ***** added is sweet.

Note: that was a joke. I know most will understand but you can never be too sure.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy

Note: that was a joke. I know most will understand but you can never be too sure.
    That was a joke? Oh? He he, ha ha, oh joy.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320 Titanium (Mine)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by PSOmasterX77
    It's a new policy as of a few months ago, if you're in a Verizon enhanced network area and are not roaming then MMS data isn't supposed to count against your data charge.
    SWEEEEEET!

Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    so i just got a 6700...will verizon charge me for using wifi?

Mods please sticky this.

Device(s)
    Razr Maxx VE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW- They never worked for us....
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy
    yup i hurd frm a friend dat heard from dis guy hose sister usd to date this guy that cheated on er wit her sister tat u can get sum plan dat only used ur minites so u don havfta get dat fuukin 45 $ plan. i got dat ***** added is sweet.

dude that is so true! Errr NOT! i LOVE IT! Yea I knew it was a joke but I swear I have seen that plan before....

Anyways I too agree this needs a sticky with a big big title so noobs um see it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    VZDub
    Feedback Score
    This is flippin' hilarious. I applaud you for posting this new thread, but there will probably be a new thread, asking this same question, within the hour. This seems to be the most common asked, and answered, question in the PDA forum.

Device(s)
    Razr Maxx VE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW- They never worked for us....
    Feedback Score
    but seriously it is quite pathetic...if dumb noobs would just LOOK or SEARCH then they would find there answers sooo quickly...

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 ... LastLast