Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Mini W610i Review

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it's louder and no it's not textured paint on the back. Great phone. I've experienced no glitches or freeze ups, unlike the w810i I had. I still dig the w810i lots tho...
    my feedback

sworn to fun, loyal to none...

Feedback Score

Vancouver

Hi guys, I know this is a really old thread, but I read it and I really wanted to ask for some help.

Recently, I acquired a really beat up W610i from a friend, in Plush Orange, which he gave away as it was slowly falling apart. Buttons cracked, covers loose, and one of the screws doesn't even clamp the fascia together anymore.

For the past few weeks that I've owned it, I grew very fond of it, especially since the functions in it actually holds up very well to my everyday usage, all wrapped in a small package and the quad-band really helps reception in my area.

I wanted to restore the phone's looks, and I experimented with the most expensive covers I could find on eBay, only to find that it was still cheaply manufactured and made the phone look even worse. The rubber's all missing and the fit was just terrible. I looked to find some genuine covers for the phone but the places I checked all ran out of stock. During the search, I came to like the silver-ish Satin Black very much.

I came across this forum and this seems to be the only place where users wanted to swap the "Satin Black" INTO "Plush Orange", and I was wondering if anyone still had the Satin Black covers leftover from the swap? I would be glad to pay for a good set, as this is probably the closest I can find to a genuine silver housing.

If anyone's reading this, and has a set available, please, I'd like to give my W610 a second life.

Thanks so much!

p.s. and yes, it's been a few days but I'm still up at 4am in the morning seeking these "extinct" fascias!

Device(s)
    C510a, W610i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T-mobile;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemclarenf1
    If anyone's reading this, and has a set available, please, I'd like to give my W610 a second life.

Thanks so much!
    Mine started life as a K550i, from Sony Style store. Bought it in white because they wanted too much more for black. Anyway the apparent difference is k550 has lens cover. Flashed with W610i firmware, the lens cover no longer activates the camera. I like the W610 firmware a lot better though.

Here is one to look at: cnn.cn as a source. I bought W810i parts from them so I could get Jack Splat off my phone. Am pleased with the faceplate; should have tested the IR to see if lens is opaque but have never gotten a round tuit.

Looking at k550/W610 it seems they have orange plate for w610i and black for K550i. Not cheap so you want to get some more opinions probably and ask if anyone has put K550 cover on W610.
    Prepaid Rocks!

Feedback Score
    I see your point there, k550 -> W610 users, that just improved my possibilities.

I have checked cnn.cn already too, and yeah, it comes to $35 if I want the original casing, and can go up to $70 if I don't want orange!

I guess if it really came down to that, I'd have to pay for it. Afterall, it is OEM quality, can't argue with that. If no responses for a little while I might as well settle for it!

Feedback Score
    Some Nice Sony Ericsson phones available at http://www.speedsell.tk

Device(s)
    Sonim XP3 Quest
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (I HATE Sprint!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemclarenf1
    Hi guys, I know this is a really old thread, but I read it and I really wanted to ask for some help.

Recently, I acquired a really beat up W610i from a friend, in Plush Orange, which he gave away as it was slowly falling apart. Buttons cracked, covers loose, and one of the screws doesn't even clamp the fascia together anymore.

For the past few weeks that I've owned it, I grew very fond of it, especially since the functions in it actually holds up very well to my everyday usage, all wrapped in a small package and the quad-band really helps reception in my area.

I wanted to restore the phone's looks, and I experimented with the most expensive covers I could find on eBay, only to find that it was still cheaply manufactured and made the phone look even worse. The rubber's all missing and the fit was just terrible. I looked to find some genuine covers for the phone but the places I checked all ran out of stock. During the search, I came to like the silver-ish Satin Black very much.

I came across this forum and this seems to be the only place where users wanted to swap the "Satin Black" INTO "Plush Orange", and I was wondering if anyone still had the Satin Black covers leftover from the swap? I would be glad to pay for a good set, as this is probably the closest I can find to a genuine silver housing.

Thanks so much!

p.s. and yes, it's been a few days but I'm still up at 4am in the morning seeking these "extinct" fascias!
    CNN.CN good luck!

Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Very nice review!

Feedback Score
    i second that

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8