Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Samsung u620 Bugs/Fixes/Issues

Device(s)
    Motorola T720 (killed)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

u620 bug?

a few nights ago i had my month old u620 plugged in and went to sleep. woke up in the middle of the night to find that the phone had completely re-set everything. lost all pictures, video, ringtones, data EVERYTHING (thank god for back up assistant) any idea what happened?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTTERB
    a few nights ago i had my month old u620 plugged in and went to sleep. woke up in the middle of the night to find that the phone had completely re-set everything. lost all pictures, video, ringtones, data EVERYTHING (thank god for back up assistant) any idea what happened?
    wow! Im not sure bud. Havnt heard of that one yet. Has it happened again?
    -------------------------
    Woot Woot!
    Air Force
    Colorado Springs, Colorado

First Sticky: 2/23/07 Samsung Forum

^^PREMIUM HOFO SUPPORTER^^
    -------------------------

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R3GUL8OR
    5.) Re-booting the phone (manually not from a PRL update) resets the wallpaper and does not recognize the memory card.
    FIX: pop out the memory card and re-insert it. ANNOYING but fixes it, until you reboot again.
    With wall paper stored in phone's memory, not on card, power phone off/on... paper stays, card is still visable/usable...

I haven't tried with wallpaper pic on card... In fact, since my V710, I've never had wall papers on the card (on the V710, WP on card, take card out, WP turns white, re-insert card, have to power phone off/on, or reselect wall paper to get it to show again... was a pain, so...). After reading people saying wall paper on card was a cause of the lower battery life for the chocolate... it was just one more reason not to try...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if this counts as a BUG, or just a problem I am experiencing...

Take 256meg card used in U740 that I have SOME music on, and put in U620 when I got it.

Used the U620's Music Player just fine, all songs played.

Had 2gig card in LG enV... loaded music (sync with WMP) onto the card while in enV. Took 2gig card from enV, and put into U620.

When launching the music player (with the 2gig in there)... I briefly see "remving songs" and the phone resets itself... Try the Music player, and briefly see "adding songs..." and the phonre resets itself...

Put the 256 meg card back in, and it works fine.

I don't have usb cable for the U620 to try and transfer music via sync with WMP.

Device(s)
    samsung d900
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    I have a question about the Samsung D900 on O2 (firmware D900AYF11), why can't you use the speed dial facility, no matter what, I cannot delete or edit O2's pre-set numbers. I have even thought about getting the phone put back to factory settings and open to all networks seeing that neither Samsung or O2 will agree whose fault it is and who can provide a cure.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tonym2946
    I have a question about the Samsung D900 on O2 (firmware D900AYF11), why can't you use the speed dial facility, no matter what, I cannot delete or edit O2's pre-set numbers. I have even thought about getting the phone put back to factory settings and open to all networks seeing that neither Samsung or O2 will agree whose fault it is and who can provide a cure.
    Well, considering this is the VERIZON section, not O2, and this is a U620 thread, not D900... Not sure we can be much help.

Wanna try the general Samsung section? -> http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40
    Or the O2 section? -> http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=223

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

My u620 turned itself off!

I have no idea what happened.

I had my phone in my front pocket, as usual. I used it this morning to talk to my wife, and have been pretty much sitting at my desk ever since. Nothing exciting or unusual.

I was just walking from my bosses office back to mine, and pulled the phone out of my pocket (for no particular reason). I slid it open, to make sure I hadn't missed any calls, texts, appointments, or anything of the sort. Instead of the screen coming on, nothing happened. I slid it closed and back open again. Nothing.

So I pushed and held "end", and it lit up and came on in it's normal boot-up from off cycle.

It had been off, who knows for how long or for what reason. The battery meter shows two bars (of 4) still, so it's not a battery issue.

If it happens again, it's goin' back for another new one.

Device(s)
    LG VX8700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    anyone ever been able to fix the midnight calendar bug? I got it for the first time last night (second night owning the phone) and I hope I'm not doomed to have it happen regularly. Maybe setting a reminder every day at 12:00am but making it silent? (light only)

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I had to go exchange mine out to get it to go away. My store said they were told they had a bad batch. How true that is, I dont know, but the new 620 never did it.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH U620
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I Have found another, well at least in my phone. I want to record videos to the card, but after i set memory to the card, I try recording but i get an error message and the phone reboots. I've tried this a couple of times and still get the same result. My camcorder only works with the phone memory.k

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Has anybody mentioned the backlight not going off?

It's happened to me a couple times in the past week, where I look at my phone or something, and then the backlight dims. Normally, after a few seconds it will then go black. It didn't.

I let it sit there for a while, and nothing. I slid my phone open and closed, and then it turned off normally, but I've had to open and close it twice now to get the backlight to go off.

Device(s)
    Samsung U620
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just got the 620 and I haven't been having any problems whatsoever with what you guys said you have.

However, a little thing, but am not annoyed about, is how the dictionary doesn't add custom words, like 'lol' or 'fu*k'.

Any way to change it?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 | Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T | Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ms3t3ch
    I just got the 620 and I haven't been having any problems whatsoever with what you guys said you have.

However, a little thing, but am not annoyed about, is how the dictionary doesn't add custom words, like 'lol' or 'fu*k'.

Any way to change it?

This is the same reason I've given up on Samsung's Verizon line up. None of their devices have a learning dictionary like the LG or Motos.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You'd think that someone somewhere would have found a way to insert another phones T9udb.dat file into the file system on the u620 or any other VZW Samsung phone and find a way to make the phone see that. I tried a couple times taking one from an LG VX8100 but I can't find a way to make the phone recognize it at all.

Device(s)
    LG enV/8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vchch
    anyone ever been able to fix the midnight calendar bug? I got it for the first time last night (second night owning the phone) and I hope I'm not doomed to have it happen regularly. Maybe setting a reminder every day at 12:00am but making it silent? (light only)
    I have a u620 on my agent line and had this problem the first two weeks I had the phone. I had to wait for issues to be worked out because the corp store here wasn't willing to help an indirect out, and then it quit doing the calendar thing!

Does anybody else ever have the phone answer calls when removing it from a pouch? The keypad is always locked, and I don't accidentally slide it open when removing it, but it will still randomly answer the call. Any ideas?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast