Thread: Flash MSM6500 Driver

Feedback Score

Flash MSM6500 Driver

I want to flash my phone but whenever I load RSD it looks for a Flash Driver which I can not find. What should I do!?

Feedback Score
    Do a search for threads here in Howard forum for Qualcomm msm6500 and you will find plenty of answers, but what needs to be understood first is what is really going on. Qualcomm developed a microchip (or chipset meaning a set) that works well with the 3g wireless network used for mobile phones and wireless internet communications. Generally, the sellers of phones(Verizon, cricket, etc...) don't want you to have their software that runs these devices because then you might hack the network and they would not make any money. So that is why they flash phones and wireless internet devices. Sometimes there is a leak from someone at the company(s) and people get the source code to run these devices. So once the device is flashed properly you will not get that flash msm6500 device needing drivers in device manager because the software will be in the flash, or the software package from the seller that operates that flash. Basically, you could say it needs the drivers, but its not quite the same, you need the software flashed onto the rom chip(rom means read only memory). Now if you really want to get into it, Qualcomm recognizes the need for open source code so people can develop their own programs for running devices. This helps humanity learn from each other and more and more programs are written and we humans learn from each other that way. If all software was a secret no one would learn how things work and we are stuck at at the hands of big corporations. That is why open source is so important and many good computer techs want to use Linux or other programming languages that allow anyone to read and modify the programs that run today's computer hardware. We want humanity to grow, and not just a company to make money and we all stay uninformed and helpless in knowledge. but Qualcomm recognizes that open source is important so try doing a search of Qualcomm msm6500 open source projects or source codes and try learning to program and create your own programs or try some other peoples programs. That's when you will become a great computer tech. Its not all about just making something work. Everything we do here and in the future is learn. So don't always take the easy way out. Start programming and learning how things are put together. Hope i have helped inspire. Remember, great teachers don't give answers, they ask you questions so you learn to teach yourself. This is why Plato wrote about Socrates, his teacher who only asked questions and didn't write a book of answers.

Feedback Score
    thanks. I will try this solution.