Page 12 of 212 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung I760

Device(s)
    blackberry 8130 Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TechRockstar
    Talked to a friend that works at a Verizon Wireless store, he said the XV6800 is coming out the 18th and forget about the i760 dropping this month.
    what about the HTC libra (xv5800)?

Device(s)
    iPhone3GS 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Talked to a friend that works at a Verizon Wireless store, he said the XV6800 is coming out the 18th and forget about the i760 dropping this month.
    God i hope your friends right. i am so sick of checking these forums for a release date. Id rather be checking these forums for hacks and tips.

Feedback Score
    I asked the VZW corporate store here in Fairfax, VA if the i760 was coming out soon and he said "is that a cool new Nextel phone?"

Device(s)
    LG EnV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    didnt really ask him about the libra, well i'll prob find out today, i gotta call him up so i can hand him my resume for verizon.

Device(s)
    Bold 9930
    Carrier(s)
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CSOKI Mike
    I asked the VZW corporate store here in Fairfax, VA if the i760 was coming out soon and he said "is that a cool new Nextel phone?"
    Is that the Tysons store? That's right down the road from my office (.6 miles, to be exact).

"Cool new Nextel phone" is oxymoronic.

And now back to your regularly scheduled program.
    Silence = Death

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CSOKI Mike
    Actually, there is (or was) a Motorola i760 for Sprint/Nextel. Not a pda phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jboidc
    Is that the Tysons store? That's right down the road from my office (.6 miles, to be exact).

"Cool new Nextel phone" is oxymoronic.

And now back to your regularly scheduled program.
    No, it was in the Fair Oaks Mall... the "Verizon Experience," which is a combined landline/wireless corp store... and full of reps that have absolutely no damn clue... I watched a rep talking to a customer about his data plan, and she had to pull out the book to see what the 900 minute plan was....

Device(s)
    iPhone3GS 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    didnt really ask him about the libra, well i'll prob find out today, i gotta call him up so i can hand him my resume for verizon.

did u get a chance to talk to him?

Device(s)
    blackberry 8130 Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    omg i really want the libra. rather have that than the xv6800

Device(s)
    LG EnV
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfreak2159
    did u get a chance to talk to him?
    Nah, i didn't get a chance to call him this week, we're suppose to play beer pong today, i'll be sure to ask him

Device(s)
    Mot V3C
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Isn't it a possibility that these new phones are on hold because of the Broadcom patent suit against Qualcomm? It is my understanding that a company can not import any NEW phone with the Qualcomm chip. Verizon can continue selling its current offering because they are not new. I saw that Broadcom offered to end the suit if Qualcomm pays $6.00 per phone, which Qualcomm rejected. I don’t think we will see these new phones any time soon.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No, that argument was settled long ago. These phones have already been imported and going through testing long before the judgement was handed down.

Device(s)
    Samsung i760/i910
    Carrier(s)
    VZW(Verizon Wireless)
    Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    No, that argument was settled long ago. These phones have already been imported and going through testing long before the judgement was handed down.
    Uhh, no they have not settled ANYTHING!!!!
    Unless the phone Was imported before the Ban date (June ??), than it is not coming out anytime soon.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I didn't say the ban was settled. The debate on whether or not the i760 was affected was settled.

As I said earlier, the phone was imported long before the ban date and was in the labs being tested.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm II
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Not a Single Dropped Call ~ EVER)
    Feedback Score

Good News (Sort Of)

Good Evening (or morning for my East Coast HoFo buddies),

Anyway, enough w/the greetings & salutations - I went in to Circuit City earlier today to purchase a Chocolate (I was just fed up w/waiting on the I760 - I know there's no comparison but I want a new phone, and at this point anything will do), but I digress.

I told the Rep that I was just sick of waiting on the phone I really want, he asked which one is that, and I told him the I760, and I kid you not - he lit up like a Christmas Tree. He stated that if the I760 is what I want, I should wait because it'll be out "very shortly". I asked him to elaborate and he said that a Rep had come in w/the actual device to train them - I'm sorry everybody, he was extremely vague w/ any info on a release date, but said that I definitely did not want to buy the Chocolate and to just hold out a bit longer. He also said the I760 is a great device and that he loved it too.

Additionally, I inquired about the price for the I760, he indicated $299/2yr! Now as I do in each my posts, and at the risk of sounding redundant I'll say as I always do: Unfortunately I can't vouch for the validity and/or credibility of what was told to me, but I do try to share any new information on this device that I receive; perhaps others of you in the community can determine whether it has the ring of truth or not.

Finally, because of his ambiguity on the acutual release date, I still wanted to get the Chocolate (obviously becaused I've heard this "soon" stuff before) and the Rep all but refused to sell it to me because he insisted that I wait for the I760 and that I wouldn't be waiting much longer - Let's all hope that this info provided on 07/07/07 is accurate!

Peace

"It always works out in the end, so if it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end"

"The Cost of Education Is High ~ The Cost of Ignorance Is Even Higher"

"What Would You Attempt To Do If You Knew You Could Not Fail"

Page 12 of 212 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 62 112 ... LastLast