Thread: new multiple microsd holder

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

new multiple microsd holder

As the title says is there any thin microsd holders on the market that would fit in a wallet? 1/8" thick or so.

Am I the only one that want to have multiple microsd cards with them?

I was thinking of making trying to make one using 2 credit card size pieces of plastic sandwich them with thin plastic spacers used for the right thickness,stops, & guides to slide the microsd card in between around the edges of the "sandwich card" i made.

I would like to get some ideas what everyone is using to cary multiple cards?

Michael

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Oh man......I hope there is one.
    That would be great.

Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This was mentioned in another thread. Dont know much about it, though I am interested in it.

Device(s)
    Nokia N95 (Graphite)
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think I may have found a solution to this problem. I searched the net left and right to try and find something that could hold my 8 new microSD cards. The cards are so small and portable, yet there's nothing specifically designed to carry more than one of them. However, I noticed that there are tons of solutions for carrying SIM cards. After some quick detective work, I found that the dimensions of a microSD card are 15 mm × 11 mm × 0.7 mm and the dimensions of a SIM card are 25 mm x 15 mm x 0.76 mm. So, for all intents and purposes, the thickness of both card types are identical (0.06mm is fairly negligible). More importantly, the width of a microSD card is exactly the same as the length of a SIM card. A quick eBay search for 'sim card wallet' revealed the following product (link to manufacturer website, not eBay): Sim Card Holder. It looks to me as if the slot (thinner portion) holds about 2/3 the width of the SIM card, so about 17mm. So theoretically, it should be able to hold about 1.5 microSD cards. In practice, I think each slot should hold 2. Even though there will be some overhang, the second card should remain secure in the slot. So, if all of my calculations are right, this thing should work perfectly as an 8 microSD card holder that fits nicely into my wallet. I've ordered one and I'll let you know how it works once I get it.
    Last edited by nstradeski; 05-27-2007 at 06:23 AM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Did the SIM card solution work ok? I've been looking for a solution for the problem of carrying multiple microSD cards for months now. I figure there must be at least a few tens of thousands of folks that carry more than one, and the standard plastic case w/1 microSD + 1 SD adapter just doesn't cut it. I'd carry 4-6 microSDs and only need 1 SD adapter case (ok, maybe 2 adapters in an emergency, to copy content from 1 to the other).

Device(s)
    Nokia N95 (Graphite)
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah, it works really well actually. They fit perfectly. One thing to watch out for though is the microSD cards are really fragile. I think I damaged one by putting the sim holder in my wallet and sitting on it. But they fit perfectly and it seems to work really well.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

microSD cardholder the size of a business card, holds10 cards plus adaptor!

I saw this video on youtube www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFzEuG3oM8s
    the web address is www.sdcardholder.com , this thing seems to do the job perfectly, I think they are selling them on ebay, Jeffrey Fellman

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

best microsd card holder invented

keep your card secure and hold up to 10 microsd with locking mechanism. Best and probably the most reliable card holder I've seen. Check it out yourself www.sdcardholder.com. I ordered mine and cannot wait to get it.