AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I believe it's just the phone number eg: 317-555-5555

Device(s)
    Sammy Solstice / iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well went to the Revol store today and asked them and I quote "what are your wap settings to use the browser, I deleted mine without writing them down" first guy I asked said and I quote "I don't even know what wap is, today is my first day on the job, hold on a second my manager is just now walking in." So I had to ask this guys manager the question of "what are your wap settings to use the browser, I deleted mine without writing them down" he takes my phone, pops out the battery and checks my esn according to the computer, then says "sir you're on the $47 a month plan, you don't have web browsing" so I had to explain to the guy that I just wanted the settings that WERE on the phone (which still let me go online) so he said "I don't know what those settings would be" so I asked him if I could see his phone, and he replies "I don't have the internet on my phone" so once again after explaining that I just need the 2 damn IP numbers that let me go online, he still claimed "I don't have the web on my phone"

so then I had a thought (should have thought of this before) I remembered that they had BREW settings that let the phone go online to BREW.REVOL.US which are 10.2.1.15 & 10.2.1.16 so I put those in for my wap settings, and low and behold I'm online again.

So moral of this story is...REVOL as far as customer service or hell even simple questions, suck royally in these 2 departments.

Device(s)
    Droid 4, LG Ally
    Carrier(s)
    Revol
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDoleski
    well went to the Revol store today and asked them and I quote "what are your wap settings to use the browser, I deleted mine without writing them down" first guy I asked said and I quote "I don't even know what wap is, today is my first day on the job, hold on a second my manager is just now walking in." So I had to ask this guys manager the question of "what are your wap settings to use the browser, I deleted mine without writing them down" he takes my phone, pops out the battery and checks my esn according to the computer, then says "sir you're on the $47 a month plan, you don't have web browsing" so I had to explain to the guy that I just wanted the settings that WERE on the phone (which still let me go online) so he said "I don't know what those settings would be" so I asked him if I could see his phone, and he replies "I don't have the internet on my phone" so once again after explaining that I just need the 2 damn IP numbers that let me go online, he still claimed "I don't have the web on my phone"

so then I had a thought (should have thought of this before) I remembered that they had BREW settings that let the phone go online to BREW.REVOL.US which are 10.2.1.15 & 10.2.1.16 so I put those in for my wap settings, and low and behold I'm online again.

So moral of this story is...REVOL as far as customer service or hell even simple questions, suck royally in these 2 departments.
    ''

__________________________________________________ ________

Nice! So you are using Internet on the $47 plan again?

My Internet still worked when they switched over to make you pay extra $ for it. But when I bought a new phone it wouldn't work anymore! I was thinking about paying the $57 for one month just the get the settings back into this phone. Then going back to the $47 plan. I think it's just a glitch revol has!!

My new thing is trying to get a new phone to work on the revol network. I have an extra sidekick laying around I was going to play around with! In advice would be helpful!!!!

Device(s)
    Droid 4, LG Ally
    Carrier(s)
    Revol
    Feedback Score
    Revol don't allow you to email the phone! I have tried several things and never works!

The address above are correct BUT revol don't accept incoming. You can send out just not receive!

Device(s)
    Storm
    Feedback Score
    i'd like to know if you have a phone with revol that has EVDO if you can hack and tether it to a laptop. any ideas?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Personal)
    Feedback Score
    Revol does not have EVDO support, only 1xrtt

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    it was a glitch in Revol's network that allowed me to have internet after I switched from te $57 to the $47, I'm sure with some tweaking this could be done though (sort of like old vz's free net trick) granted I'm STILL using th old *** vx3200, I think maybe with the gov't's stimulus check might invest in a somewhat newer phone for Revol

Feedback Score
    Stay tuned Revols new CEO is making some big changes which will be rolled out between June-July. They are calling it their re-birthing and the whole family plan thing is coming.

Feedback Score
    Your funny buddy if i went into any other carrier and asked the same question i guarantee they would be just as dumb founded as the Revol rep, thats why they pay people to handle that stuff not their sales reps which are there to SELL.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indyed2007
    thats why they pay people to handle that stuff not their sales reps which are there to SELL.
    Then they need to "pay them" more because obviously you have never dealt with their "customer service" and we'll use that term very loose on that

Feedback Score
    Well actually I used to be a store manager for revol and just recently left. I will say this without question revol is far from perfect but neither are the big boys but when you have unrealalistic expectations well.......there's the problem.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Personal)
    Feedback Score
    indyed2007: we will see about this "re-birthing", I don't really believe it myself but we will see. But I do agree on the expectation from sales reps. If they really knew all that **** they are probably above the intelligence threshold, and can find a real job which doesn't involve them getting harassed constantly by the idiots known as customers.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    indyed2007: I'll ask you this then, I' going to go out on a limb here and say Revol bocks 3rd party software & "hacks" correct? Reason I say/ask this is I obtained another Verizon version of the el cheapo phone I have with a data cable, and I can easily get into the filesystem with the VZW phone and can't get the Revol one at all to recognize.

Feedback Score
    You would be correct in assumeing that they block you.

Feedback Score

Revol unlocking The network?

I heard revol is going to be allowing non revol phones on there network. Unlocking the revol network would be great

Anyone know how soon this is going to happen? Maybe the rebirth is true.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast