Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Revol Wireless (CDMA)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smackd40
    I heard revol is going to be allowing non revol phones on there network. Unlocking the revol network would be great

Anyone know how soon this is going to happen? Maybe the rebirth is true.

This is what I'm here for. I've got a cheap-o Kyocera on Revol right now, I know someone with an old Verizon Razr. From my research, I think I can unlock the Razr using the Testpoint procedure. I've even found posts online suggesting that it should be possible to find Revol's software for the phone. But Revol's TOS still says "We will not activate a non-Revol phone". Very specifically.

I was hoping that perhaps if I took the handset into one of the franchise stores, they might not know any better than to activate it for me, but I suspect it's more complicated than that. ESNs and databases and stuff.

I have not yet found any reference online to anyone successfully getting Revol to activate a phone that was not originally purchased FROM Revol.

As far as the "rebirthing", my wife and I got txt messages about the new Family Plans, so it looks like that's being rolled out at this time. Here's hoping they unlock their network too, but I doubt it's going to happen.

Joe

Device(s)
    Motorola i335
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Revol Now Lets You Activate Certain Non Revol (cdma) Phones For A Fee Of Around $35. I Just Got My Verizon V3m Razr Flashed To Work On The Revol Network. Only Thing Is That Web And Picture Mail Won't Work They Said. I'm Trying To Find Info On Making Them Work.

Anything?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulmarica
    Revol Now Lets You Activate Certain Non Revol (cdma) Phones For A Fee Of Around $35. I Just Got My Verizon V3m Razr Flashed To Work On The Revol Network. Only Thing Is That Web And Picture Mail Won't Work They Said. I'm Trying To Find Info On Making Them Work.

Anything?

I won't know for sure until I can try myself, but here's a video about enabling features on the V3m handset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxK8FrwjXU

There may be something else involved, because it's the web and picturemail specifically, there might be some IP addresses that need configured somewhere.

Let me know if that does it for you as I'm going to be getting the same handset activated on Revol shortly myself.

Joe

Device(s)
    Motorola i335
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    I TOTALLY DID SOME NICE THINGS WITH THIS PHONE. I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE PICMAIL WEB THING THOUGH. I CAN USE MY REVOL AS A MODEM FOR MY LAPTOP, WHICH MEANS I CAN SURF THE NET ENDLESSLY ANYWHERE I CAN GET MY REVOL SIGNAL BUT I STILL CAN'T SURF THE WEB FROM MY PHONE ALONE.

Device(s)
    q9c,
    Feedback Score
    Beautiful, what kind of speeds are you getting when using your v3m as a modem?

Device(s)
    Motorola i335
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    230.4 Kbps Not Nearly As Fast As My 2wire Connection But Its Good Enough For Me While Traveling, Being Free And All

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulmarica
    I TOTALLY DID SOME NICE THINGS WITH THIS PHONE. I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE PICMAIL WEB THING THOUGH. I CAN USE MY REVOL AS A MODEM FOR MY LAPTOP, WHICH MEANS I CAN SURF THE NET ENDLESSLY ANYWHERE I CAN GET MY REVOL SIGNAL BUT I STILL CAN'T SURF THE WEB FROM MY PHONE ALONE.
    I got my Verizon v3m FINALLY and I'm going to take it down to the Revol store this afternoon to get it reflashed and activated. Can you tell me how you got it hooked up to your computer to get online through it? Can you do it through Bluetooth? I'm assuming you can't make and receive voice calls while you're online, right?

I've got a Nokia N800 Internet Tablet (awesome) and would love to be able to use Bluetooth to keep it online (or at least get online) even where I don't have a WiFi signal.

Any luck with the picmail? I saw a reply earlier in this thread with some IP addresses, I suspect that's what you need to set your phone up properly but I've got no idea where it would go. I'm going to try to talk to the tech guys at the store when I'm there today.

Joe

Feedback Score
    I went to Revol this evening with my Verizon v3m. They took my money and screwed around for nearly an hour then told me that my phone couldn't be programmed, pointing to a smear on the water damage spot inside the battery compartment. I think they did it wrong. They didn't "reflash" the phone, it's still got the same Verizon firmware. When I try to dial out, it still get a recording from Verizon.

What is set on the phone to tell it to connect to Revol's network instead of Verizons? How can I check or change this?

Feedback Score

Picture mail on Revol

Quote Originally Posted by pope523
    I won't know for sure until I can try myself, but here's a video about enabling features on the V3m handset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxK8FrwjXU

There may be something else involved, because it's the web and picturemail specifically, there might be some IP addresses that need configured somewhere.

Let me know if that does it for you as I'm going to be getting the same handset activated on Revol shortly myself.

Joe
    I have the $47 plan with no Internet. I'm using a k322 Kyocera camera phone. If I understand the question, you want to send pics to the Internet. Easy, just send them to your email address. Type your email address in the "send to" box, and send it.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3G I've gone to the GSM darkside
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Personal
    Feedback Score
    The past couple of days, one of the other posters on this forum and I have been working on the non-revol phone internet problems. I have an e815 and it's causing some issues with what I'd like to do and I don't want to pay Revol $400 for the Moto Q9 they're now offering.

Through some pain and tribulations, we ended up getting the net to work on a LG Voyager. It won't access the Revol Mobile Web Homepage, but it goes to Google and the rest of the net just fine. I'm working on the MMS portion of it. I think it just needs a couple of settings tweaked. The problem has to be directly tied to the net configuration as mms uses the internet for sending as opposed to sms which uses the cell phone radio.

We also got a Treo on the network, and after it goes active today on my account I'll have the net figured out for it.

Feedback Score
    Can anyone message me and tell me how to get revol internet to work and the sending pictures functions to work on reflashed phones? Also is there a way to maybe change the picture sending network to one that can send pictures outside of revol?

Device(s)
    Iphone 3G I've gone to the GSM darkside
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Personal
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

It's working. Two LG Voyagers and two Treo's. One Palm OS and the Windows Mobile I'm typing this on now. I've managed to get everything on the Treo 700w including the elusive mms to work. It can be done!

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    Revol
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by junak
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

It's working. Two LG Voyagers and two Treo's. One Palm OS and the Windows Mobile I'm typing this on now. I've managed to get everything on the Treo 700w including the elusive mms to work. It can be done!
    how are you getting the internet to work?

Device(s)
    Sprint Mogul / HTC Titan
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    Internet working on HTC Touch Pro a Windows Mobile Cellphone on Sprint and VZW. Here's how to get it on Revol it should also be the same for other phones its just how you access your regular moto or kyocera phones.

This is based off instructions found here and should work on most HTC phones. The process should be similar for any windows mibile device.

After the phone is flashed, your SPC should be 000000.

Open your EPST settings. This differs by phone, the touch pro is ##778# then go to Security and

HDR AN AUTH USER ID : [email protected]
    PPP User ID: [email protected]
    PPP Password: revol

Next:
    Go To M.IP Settings
    Change it to Simple IP only (this may not be right, I'm going to test it more but it's working)

Once you have done this Hit Menu then OK and phone will Ask you if you are sure you want to update and hit ok. Phone will restart.

WAP Set Up

1. Go to Start, Settings, Connections, Connections

2. Go to Mange existing connections, at this point you can make a new one or edit one, I did edit, Rename NETWORK to Revol wap, Dial String should be set to #777, Username is [email protected], password: revol Next hit Advanced then select the Servers tab:

Select use specific server address
    DNS: 10.2.1.15
    Alt DNS: 10.2.1.16
    WINS: 0.0.0.0
    Alt WINS: 0.0.0.0

After that hit done.

3. Next Go to Proxy Settings, Make sure that Both boxes are checked, and for the Proxy server make sure you type in wap.revol.us, Go to Advanced. My settings right now are as follows:

HTTP: wap.revol.us:80
    WAP: wap.revol.us:9201
    Secure WAP: wap.revol.us:9203
    Socks: wap.revol.us:1080

I'm not sure these are all correct/necessary but it's working so.. After this make sure that save and after that go to Internet Explorer and go to a website, at this point if you can view a website i.e google.com or some other website then your good to go.

I googled "mobile speedtest". choose the first link, then choose 100kb and the result was 57kbit/sec. Not record setting by any means but it's also not painfully slow.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Personal)
    Feedback Score
    Simple I.P. should be fine. Only difference between those is Mobile IP allows you to hand off to a roaming partner(or different switch) without dropping the data call. I do not believe revol even uses the feature.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast