Thread: V323 / V323i Flashes?

Device(s)
    Currently: Motorola MAXX VE; UTStarcom XV6700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

V323 / V323i Flashes?

I have run across some V323 and V323i and they physically appear to be the same as the VZW V325/V325i.

Anyone aware of any firmware that we can turn the V325 into a V323?? For example Alltel or US Cellular firmware.. it makes the phone run with the Moto UI.

Thanks for any information you can provide!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There was a possible version of the MetroPCS V323i flash, but I don't think it made it onto the list of flashes seen on this website. Perhaps it was buggy, or some other reason.

Device(s)
    Moto V3c: Bell f/w and Java
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Flashing a v325i with the current v323i firmware in these forums will brick your phone. Its really probably not something you want to try just yet, untill someone figures out what is going on and how to get it fixed.

Device(s)
    Motorola ROKR Z6 Orange
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Here's a copy of the V323i MetroPCS monster. I don't have a v325i to test it on. Use at your own risk, but if you do use it, please report your findings.

http://rapidshare.com/files/45034401...12.00.zip.html

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score

Unhappy Do Not Use This Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Soulsby
    Here's a copy of the V323i MetroPCS monster. I don't have a v325i to test it on. Use at your own risk, but if you do use it, please report your findings.

http://rapidshare.com/files/45034401...12.00.zip.html

Yeah, this is the version that I tested (MD5 sums match, after extraction) that I got from this thread http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=895669

This WILL brick your phone, causing a repeated reboot after the flash, it is recoverable only with a yet unreleased Verizon monster for the phone.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by codepoet82
    Yeah, this is the version that I tested (MD5 sums match, after extraction) that I got from this thread http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=895669

This WILL brick your phone, causing a repeated reboot after the flash, it is recoverable only with a yet unreleased Verizon monster for the phone.
    I'm told this is available somewhere so if you're looking to unbrick your V325i's, so be on the lookout.

It really is sad to hear about that flash causing your phone to brick. I guess the only way to get a working Moto UI version of the phone is to buy the USCC or MetroPCS version and unlock them.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyinLACA
    I'm told this is available somewhere so if you're looking to unbrick your V325i's, so be on the lookout.

It really is sad to hear about that flash causing your phone to brick. I guess the only way to get a working Moto UI version of the phone is to buy the USCC or MetroPCS version and unlock them.
    Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm not too worried just yet, as I've got a friend at a verizon store that thinks he'll be able to repair it with the in store re-flash software for me. That, and the fact I'm not actually a verizon customer, is why I wasn't too worried about trying it in the first place.

Will Verizon let you activate a non-V phone on their network? I was pretty sure they check the ESN and refuse if its not one they sold. I know USCC had started doing that a few years back, that really burned my cookies.

Device(s)
    Motorola ROKR Z6 Orange
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Good to know. Sorry for your brick. Verizon really sucks for making us do this just so we can get the phone we paid for.

Device(s)
    Motorola ROKR Z6 Orange
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by codepoet82
    Will Verizon let you activate a non-V phone on their network? I was pretty sure they check the ESN and refuse if its not one they sold. I know USCC had started doing that a few years back, that really burned my cookies.
    It depends. I personally have never had a problem activating an Alltel, Amp'd, or Bell ESN. Some people have. Always call Verizon and ask about the ESN before you buy. Tell them it's a Verizon phone, and usually there's no issue.