Phone
    iPhone 3GS, Captivate, BB8350i
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Does the iPhone support IMAP IDLE?

Was going to look at these, but wanted to know if it has that - saw that it has IMAP, didn't know if it supported the IDLE "push" feature ....

Thanks!
    "Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Phone
    Treo 680
    Carrier
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't think it does. I have mine setup for IMAP and it sees all my folders, lets me do mapping to sent, deleted, inbox, etc. But it does a timed pull for new mail. It also syncs when I go to the mail app.

It's pretty slick (it's way better than any mail app I've used on my Treo), but don't think it supports that feature.

Phone
    iPhone 3GS, Captivate, BB8350i
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnolan
    It's pretty slick (it's way better than any mail app I've used on my Treo), but don't think it supports that feature.
    I was hoping it would have it ... sucks.

As for better than anything on a Treo -- if you're using PalmOS, I guess you never used ChatterEmail, that is an email program that I have yet to see beaten for multiple IMAP+IDLE support - it's like having mini Thunderbird on there.

Phone
    Too Many
    Carrier
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnolan
    I don't think it does. I have mine setup for IMAP and it sees all my folders, lets me do mapping to sent, deleted, inbox, etc. But it does a timed pull for new mail. It also syncs when I go to the mail app.

I would like to follow-up with you on this. Are you saying that you know, with certainty, that your IMAP server P-IMAP officially?
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)