Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: WM6 on iPhone

Feedback Score

WM6 on iPhone

The iPhone uses an Intel ARM 624Mhz processor. In theory, the hardware dictates that you can install Windows Mobile 6 on an iPhone. There is still the issue of an application lock and SIM lock to deal with but overall, the concept is still the same when it comes to firmware. The biggest hurdle will be the adaptation of the multi-touch interface since we still need drivers. Anyone interested in this project?

Phone
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    now this is funny lol

Feedback Score
    That's like McDonalds at a baseball game.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3G 16GB White
    Feedback Score
    624mz ARM cpu? I thought it was 400mhz.

Phone
    iPhone X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Boot camp on the iPhone? I doubt we'll ever see that.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, the actual processor is an ARM 1176JZF clocked at 620Mhz. The production is alleged to have come from Samsung since the memory is definitely from Samsung. In any case, the processor is definitely an ARM processor which means apps and OSes that require ARM processors should be able to be put onto the phone. The other details about the new processor is that it runs Java well and has a trusted computing environment. The processor is defiitely a plus in this case but the radio hardware just isn't very impressive.

Feedback Score
    Regarding boot camp on the iPhone, we probably wouldn't be able to do that. The hardware seems to be capable of WM6 however.

Phone
    Razr V3i
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    there is no intel in the iphone, its a samsung CPU

Phone
    iPhone (primary)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whtrbt7
    The iPhone uses an Intel ARM 624Mhz processor. In theory, the hardware dictates that you can install Windows Mobile 6 on an iPhone. There is still the issue of an application lock and SIM lock to deal with but overall, the concept is still the same when it comes to firmware. The biggest hurdle will be the adaptation of the multi-touch interface since we still need drivers. Anyone interested in this project?
    Oh, for the love of God ... why???!?

It's an insult to this hardware, to put WinMo on it!!

I had my days with WM (I bought one of the first imported WM5 devices to hit the shores of the US - the i-Mate K-Jam, from MadMonkeyBoy here on HoFo) but I'm done with having to tweak, tune, and registry edit my phone to get it to work the way I expect ...

Either way, this sounds more like a project for the folks over on xda-users than the folks here ...
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross."

-Sinclair Lewis

Phone
    Too many
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2JZGTETT
    there is no intel in the iphone, its a samsung CPU
    It's an ARM1176/Samsung S3C6400
    now to figure out is it 533 or 667mhz
    http://www.samsung.com/products/semi...00/S3C6400.htm

Phone
    Nokia 6230b | 6300b
    Carrier
    Rethink Possible
    Feedback Score
    So, why would you put MS garbage on an iPhone? Bored? Bet? Dare?

Feedback Score
    We already know it's 620mhz off the assembly line (what they clock it to) but all chips generally get baked and then can do higher speeds. This one is rated up to 700mhz, so some of them could be overclocked to 700mhz.

But a 620mhz phone, just makes you SO excited for them to hurry up and hack it, from the OS stuff that's been posted already you can tell it's real OS X. So eventually we'll be able to run all kinda apps with this kind of speed.

I can't wait for my Voice Changing Application, muhaha

Phone
    LG KE850 Prada, Apple iPhone 4GB, Blackberry Curve, HuaLong IP2000 "The iPhone Clone" (for sale),
    Carrier
    AT&T w/ Unlimited iPhone EDGE Data!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toomer
    Oh, for the love of God ... why???!?

It's an insult to this hardware, to put WinMo on it!!

I had my days with WM (I bought one of the first imported WM5 devices to hit the shores of the US - the i-Mate K-Jam, from MadMonkeyBoy here on HoFo) but I'm done with having to tweak, tune, and registry edit my phone to get it to work the way I expect ...

Either way, this sounds more like a project for the folks over on xda-users than the folks here ...
    Nicely said i mean he is right about the spec of the processor i was actually reading about that yesterday but for gods sake why would you want Windows MOBILE (and i stress that MOBILE) over Mac OSX....... why.......
    Cars (my other love):

'91 Dodge Stealth R/T (Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4) Already Twin-Turbo'd, already running!

'96 Chrysler Sebring JXi (R/T basically) Convertible V6 a*k*a Mitsubishi Eclipse GT V6 Spyder because it is nothing more than a demestic version as its built on the same exact platform and frame of the 2nd Gen and has the same engine as the 3rd Gen V6 Model!

'88 BMW 325 w/ M3 motor swap and completely restored..... almost!

Pictures coming soon!

Phone
    iPhone 5 16GB
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That's like taking an Aston Martin and shoving a Cavalier engine in it. It still looks beautiful, but it runs like crap!

Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (at&t hspa+)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Seltzer
    So, why would you put MS garbage on an iPhone? Bored? Bet? Dare?
    id say to increase the amount of attractive features..since the iPhone just so happens to lack them.
    Best Buy Mobile

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast