Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85

Thread: WM6 on iPhone

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,815
    Feedback Score
    0

    WM6 on iPhone

    The iPhone uses an Intel ARM 624Mhz processor. In theory, the hardware dictates that you can install Windows Mobile 6 on an iPhone. There is still the issue of an application lock and SIM lock to deal with but overall, the concept is still the same when it comes to firmware. The biggest hurdle will be the adaptation of the multi-touch interface since we still need drivers. Anyone interested in this project?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    144
    Phone
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    now this is funny lol

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    78
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's like McDonalds at a baseball game.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    223
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 3G 16GB White
    Feedback Score
    0
    624mz ARM cpu? I thought it was 400mhz.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    953
    Phone
    iPhone X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Boot camp on the iPhone? I doubt we'll ever see that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,815
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sorry, the actual processor is an ARM 1176JZF clocked at 620Mhz. The production is alleged to have come from Samsung since the memory is definitely from Samsung. In any case, the processor is definitely an ARM processor which means apps and OSes that require ARM processors should be able to be put onto the phone. The other details about the new processor is that it runs Java well and has a trusted computing environment. The processor is defiitely a plus in this case but the radio hardware just isn't very impressive.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,815
    Feedback Score
    0
    Regarding boot camp on the iPhone, we probably wouldn't be able to do that. The hardware seems to be capable of WM6 however.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    40
    Phone
    Razr V3i
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    there is no intel in the iphone, its a samsung CPU

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    4,595
    Phone
    iPhone (primary)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whtrbt7
    The iPhone uses an Intel ARM 624Mhz processor. In theory, the hardware dictates that you can install Windows Mobile 6 on an iPhone. There is still the issue of an application lock and SIM lock to deal with but overall, the concept is still the same when it comes to firmware. The biggest hurdle will be the adaptation of the multi-touch interface since we still need drivers. Anyone interested in this project?
    Oh, for the love of God ... why???!?

    It's an insult to this hardware, to put WinMo on it!!

    I had my days with WM (I bought one of the first imported WM5 devices to hit the shores of the US - the i-Mate K-Jam, from MadMonkeyBoy here on HoFo) but I'm done with having to tweak, tune, and registry edit my phone to get it to work the way I expect ...

    Either way, this sounds more like a project for the folks over on xda-users than the folks here ...
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross."

    -Sinclair Lewis

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Central NY, USA
    Posts
    2,037
    Phone
    Too many
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 2JZGTETT
    there is no intel in the iphone, its a samsung CPU
    It's an ARM1176/Samsung S3C6400
    now to figure out is it 533 or 667mhz
    http://www.samsung.com/products/semi...00/S3C6400.htm

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,957
    Phone
    Nokia 6230b | 6300b
    Carrier
    Rethink Possible
    Feedback Score
    0
    So, why would you put MS garbage on an iPhone? Bored? Bet? Dare?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    223
    Feedback Score
    0
    We already know it's 620mhz off the assembly line (what they clock it to) but all chips generally get baked and then can do higher speeds. This one is rated up to 700mhz, so some of them could be overclocked to 700mhz.

    But a 620mhz phone, just makes you SO excited for them to hurry up and hack it, from the OS stuff that's been posted already you can tell it's real OS X. So eventually we'll be able to run all kinda apps with this kind of speed.

    I can't wait for my Voice Changing Application, muhaha

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    No Where
    Posts
    219
    Phone
    LG KE850 Prada, Apple iPhone 4GB, Blackberry Curve, HuaLong IP2000 "The iPhone Clone" (for sale),
    Carrier
    AT&T w/ Unlimited iPhone EDGE Data!
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by toomer
    Oh, for the love of God ... why???!?

    It's an insult to this hardware, to put WinMo on it!!

    I had my days with WM (I bought one of the first imported WM5 devices to hit the shores of the US - the i-Mate K-Jam, from MadMonkeyBoy here on HoFo) but I'm done with having to tweak, tune, and registry edit my phone to get it to work the way I expect ...

    Either way, this sounds more like a project for the folks over on xda-users than the folks here ...
    Nicely said i mean he is right about the spec of the processor i was actually reading about that yesterday but for gods sake why would you want Windows MOBILE (and i stress that MOBILE) over Mac OSX....... why.......
    Cars (my other love):

    '91 Dodge Stealth R/T (Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4) Already Twin-Turbo'd, already running!

    '96 Chrysler Sebring JXi (R/T basically) Convertible V6 a*k*a Mitsubishi Eclipse GT V6 Spyder because it is nothing more than a demestic version as its built on the same exact platform and frame of the 2nd Gen and has the same engine as the 3rd Gen V6 Model!

    '88 BMW 325 w/ M3 motor swap and completely restored..... almost!

    Pictures coming soon!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,035
    Phone
    iPhone 5 16GB
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's like taking an Aston Martin and shoving a Cavalier engine in it. It still looks beautiful, but it runs like crap!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,414
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus (at&t hspa+)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Seltzer
    So, why would you put MS garbage on an iPhone? Bored? Bet? Dare?
    id say to increase the amount of attractive features..since the iPhone just so happens to lack them.
    Best Buy Mobile



Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •