Device(s)
    Nokia 6275i
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb ***The Ultimate Nokia 6275i Mod Guide***

FOLLOW THE LINK TO UNLOCK YOUR GPS!

Disclaimer: Stuff to cover my ***.
    There is always a chance of ****ing up your phone with any form of modding so by reading you release all rights to sue, hold a grudge against, hate, cuss, or flame me. Also, it should be noted that there is no legal way to posses diego, what this means is that you can get sued/thrown in jail for downloading it.

{Note from Mod: That's right and make sure you READ http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1305838 BEFORE GO AHEAD!}

Stuff needed
    1. You will need the software diego 3.08 or higher and the crack to use it, no you can't buy this. It can be found on google.
    2. You will need a ca-53 or dku-2 cable. A knockoff works just as well as an original. Places to get it include eBay and Pacific Mall.

What to do

1. Uninstall everything nokia. Unplug your phone from your computer.
    2. Install Diego 3.08(or higher).
    3. Install the crack to c:/windows/system and c:/windows/system32
    4. Plug your phone in and open diego.
    5. On the left hand column, hit phone settings.
    6. Press read all from phone on the right hand column.
    7. Press save to file. You will need to keep this file in case you **** up your phone. Don't loose it.
    8. Below are the PRIs and they're settings.
    Last edited by Moderator HF 25; 10-11-2008 at 10:19 AM.

iʞunɹp ooʇ ǝɹ,noʎ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
    BUY MY OTHER WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE FULL
    STOP PM'ING ME ABOUT THE w300i or 6275i, YOU WILL ONLY GET A VERY RUDE RESPONSE.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6275i
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    [quote]Enable EMS Support

PRI ID: 369 Set to enable[quote]

Enable SMS ringtone downloads

PRI ID: 71 Set to enable
    Enable SMS logo downloads

PRI ID: 245 Set to enable
    Recover phone lock code

PRI ID: 183 Is your phone lock code, you can change it here.
    PRI ID: 1641 Is you phone lock reset code.
    Get ride of 1x/Analog icon

PRI ID: 887 Set to Option 2 to only display Analog icon.
    Set to Option 0 to display no icons.
    Headset options

PRI ID: 885 Set to option 0 to have headset button terminate all calls
    Set to option 1 to have headset button toggle between calls
    Headset button response time

PRI ID: 1687 Set the value lower if you want it to beep faster or higher for slower response. Default value is 2000
    Calling card menu options
    PRI ID: 905 Set to enable
    Set MP3s as ringtones - Remove DRM Resrictions

Generic Features > NAM > General menu & User settings > Operator menu > Ringtone settings > Set as ring tone menu options > Option 0 – Included for all file types
    Changing the default browser's hompage

Change PRI ID 686's setting to anything you'd like.
    Changing the default search engine

Change PRI ID 992's setting to http://m.live.com/search .
    Install, download, store and play Java apps/games anywhere, including miniSD card

Generic Features > NAM > Middleware > Java (J2ME) > Java Settings > Java Configuration > Option 0 – Java Configuration 0

Generic Features > NAM > Middleware > Java (J2ME) > UI Settings > Miscellaneous UI Settings > Access to Java MIDLets in Gallery Menu > Enable

Generic Features > NAM > Middleware > Java (J2ME) > UI Settings > Miscellaneous UI Settings > Access to Java MIDLets in on MMC > Enable

Generic Features > R&D > Middleware > Java Features > Java HTTP Stack Options > Java HTTP Stack Options > Option 1 – Sun HTTP Stack

Generic Features > R&D > Middleware > Java Features > Java HTTP Stack Options > Java HTTPS Stack Options > Option 1 – Sun HTTPS Stack

Device(s)
    Nokia 6275i
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Remove GPS icon on top area of Idle Screen - Disable GPS Location/Tracking

Generic Features > Location Services > UI & Menu Features > Location Services Menu Hierarchy Options > Options 0 - All Location Menus Excluded

***This will remove the GPS icon on your phone idle screen. If you change this option to exclude GPS settings and menus, the icon will disappear but you can no longer access the GPS menu on your phone. You must change this setting back using Diego to access the GPS settings on your phone.
    Remove VXL icon in Main Menu

Generic Features > NAM > Middleware > Openware Minibrowser > UI & Menu Settings > Menu Settings > OW Minibrowser Menu > Excluded

***This is more permanent than the *#browser# method. If this Diego setting is set to 'excluded,' even if you set 'Enabled' using the *#browser# method, the wireless web menu icon will not appear in the main menu. The only way for you to have the wireless web icon back in the main menu is to set this option back to 'Included' in Diego.
    Remove "Shop" icon in Main Menu

Generic Features > NAM > General menu & User settings > Operator menu > Main Menu Settings > Operator Main Menu Image Filename (Grid) > ===delete value and leave blank===

Generic Features > NAM > General menu & User settings > Operator menu > Main Menu Settings > Operator Main Menu Image Filename (List) > ===delete value and leave blank===

Generic Features > NAM > General menu & User settings > Operator menu > Main Menu Settings > Operator Main Menu Name > ===delete "Shop" and leave blank===
    Change your video codec to MPEG-4

PRI ID: 1066 Set to option 1 to change codec to MPEG-4

Thanks *Centurion

FAQ
    Q: How do I fix the ‘dongle’ error I get when I start Diego?
    A: If you get this error, you haven’t applied the crack properly. Make sure you install Diego before any other phone software like PC Suite. Please read note above, or go to the latest Diego Chat thread.

Q: My phone is stuck on “local mode” after using Diego, what do I do?
    A: This is normal. Please do not unplug the data cable, do not close Diego, and do not remove your battery. Simply click on “write all to phone” in Diego when Diego allows you to. This should reset your phone normally without “local mode.”

Q: I did not save my PRI, can I load someone else's PRI file?
    A: No! Do not load someone else's PRI: your phone will no longer work if you do.

Q: Can I install other Nokia/phone software with Diego?
    A: Yes, but you must install other Nokia/phone software after you have successfully installed Diego.

Q: Will I void the warranty if I use Diego to change settings on my phone?
    A: Yes and in addition, you take full responsibility, liability, and risk when using Diego to change settings on your phone. You can save your PRI before making any changes, and if need be, load this PRI file to restore original settings if you want to try to get your phone serviced by your provider: hopefully they won’t notice.

Q: How do I “FLASH” my phone?
    A: I don’t know but if you do know, don’t even try to do it. Let your providers’ service centre do this for you if need be. When you make changes in Diego, you are not flashing your phone: all you’re doing is making modifications to your phone’s operating settings.

Q: Can I use voice recordings as MP3s?
    A: Yes, only after you have removed the DRM restrictions with Diego.

Q: What’s the operating version or series of the 6265i?
    A: The 6265i is a Nokia Series 40 Version 3 or simply ‘S40V3.’

Q: What’s the best program to sync 6265i with contacts, calendars and Outlook?
    A: PC Suite: you can download it below.
    Download PC Suite version 6.82: http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/...eng_us_web.msi

Q: Why can’t I install games with PC Suite? What should I use to install games?
    A: The installer is blocked. Use MobiMB instead.

Q: What program do I use to edit or make my own themes?
    A: Nokia Theme Studio 2.1. To get a full version of Theme Studio, simply request a serial number from Nokia’s website.
    Download Theme Studio version 2.1: http://forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia...me_Studio.html
    Last edited by wrathofpyro; 07-21-2007 at 08:41 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6275i
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Q: How do I turn off the flashing blue (LED) light?
    A: Click on Menu > Settings > Profiles > (select profile name) > Customize > Light Indicator > OFF
    *You will have to do this for every profile you use.

Q: What video files are compatible?
    A: The official Nokia says the 6265i is compatible with .3GPP and MPEG-4 files. From the experiences of other members, only .3GPP files work while MPEG-4 files do not. However, some members have gotten MPEG-4 to work, but at a resolution of only 176x144.

Q: What is the screen resolution?
    A: 320x240 (HxW)

Q: Can I use MP3s as my Alarm Tone?
    A: Yes, but only if you have removed the DRM restrictions with Diego. Please note that the ‘alarm tone’ in Tools > Alarm is not the same as the ‘alarm tone’ associated with the Calendar notes like meetings, notes, and birthdays. The ‘alarm tones’ associated with the Calendar cannot be changed.

Q: Is the 6265i bluetooth enabled and does it support A2DP?
    A: You can use bluetooth with the 6265i but it does not support A2DP (meaning no stereo audio over bluetooth).

Q: What files types can I use for my games?
    A: You can use .jar/.jad files, .sis files will not work.

Q: Where can I get the original Nokia theme?
    A: You can download the most basic one below. It has the original Nokia animated menu icons. The wallpaper for the idle screen is blank so you will have to set one for your phone. Also, other options like startup logo/tune or screensaver are not included so if you want lets say a startup logo or what have you, you can make your own theme or edit this one, add them through in-phone menus, or add logos/tunes using MobiMB.
    Download original Nokia theme: http://rapidshare.com/files/5431639/NokiaTheme.nth.html

Q: Can you change the category images for caller groups (ie, crowns, hearts)?
    A: No, but there is an option for them not to appear. Here’s how: Menu > Contacts > Caller Groups > (select a caller group) > Group Logo > OFF

Q: How do I set individual ringtones for my contacts?
    A: (Menu > Contacts >) Names > (select a contact) > Options > Add Detail > Tone > Open My Albums > (find and select a ringtone)

Q: Which audio adaptor is the best to use with my 6265i?
    A: The AD-46 has gotten the best reviews from members. It has volume control, an answer/end call button, and a mic.

Q: How do I change the text colour on the idle screen?
    A: Menu > Settings > Display > Standby Mode Settings > Standby Font Color > (select colour)

Q: Why does my default ringer change when I change themes?
    A: If this happens, it will probably change it to the original Nokia tune. This is because the theme you changed to told your phone to do so: no big deal, just switch it back to whatever ringer you had earlier.

Q: Can I use the flash on the camera as a flashlight?
    A: There is no direct option but you can improvise. Menu > Camera > Options > Video > Select and then Options > Flash On. After a few minutes, the camera will go into standby mode and the flash will close but you can press the center button on the crosspad to turn it back on again.

Q: Is it possible to have your default text messaging folders/directory in your miniSD card?
    A: You can't have your txt msg folders in your minisd card by default (or by any other way.) What you can do is set your settings so that NEW inbox or sent msgs will save to your phone and automatically delete OLD txt msgs (so you don't have to delete them manually). If you want to save msgs, just save them to your archive folder so they don't get deleted automatically.
    Menu > Messaging > Text Messages > Message Settings > Other Settings > Message Overwrite > (choose from 4 options)
    Sent items only: will save newest sent msgs (and automatically delete old sent msgs if necessary)
    Inbox only: will save newest inbox msgs (and automatically delete old inbox msgs if necessary)
    Sent items and Inbox: will save both new sent and inbox msgs (and automatically delete old sent and inbox msgs if necessary)
    Off: no overwriting (you will have to delete old msgs to make room for new msgs)

Q:Would the ___ audio adapter work with my 6275i? What audio adapter do I need for my 6275i?
    A:You need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone adapter with 4 metal rings and 3 plastic rings on the 2.5mm end or one that attaches to the pop port. Beware though, certain adapters such as the Nokia HS-47 won't work without modification. An easy way to determine if the headset would work with the 6275i is to see if it works with the Nokia 5300. If it does, it won't work with the 6275i. Here is a visual guide to help you.
    Last edited by wrathofpyro; 07-22-2007 at 06:27 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6275i
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Removing Virgin/Bell's ugly theme

Below are instructions to removing the "ugly green" Telus (or any other carrier-locked) main menu icons. You will need MobiMB version 3.1 or higher and of course a data cable.
    1. In MobiMB: navigate to Gallery > Themeactive (left side menu)
    2. Backup files below located in Gallery > Themeactive >
    ----- i.Locked_theme_elem (whole folder)
    ---- ii.Theme_lock.xml
    --- iii.Themes.ini
    3. Change theme on your phone to other than default.nth.
    4. Reboot phone.
    5. In MobiMB: Gallery > Themeactive > (delete theme_lock.xml)
    6. Reboot phone.

Links
    Getting the HS-47 headphone adapter to work with the 6275i
    Getjar.com - Great for games and programs
    KDPlayer - An alternate media player for the 6275i
    Nokia 6275i Physical Skins
    Nokia 6275i Pictures and Videos Thread
    Sharpen the images taken with your 6275i
    A comparison of the 2 video encoders on the 6275i
    Massive load of 6275i compatible games.(Yes they say 6265 but they will work.)
    Last edited by wrathofpyro; 07-22-2007 at 06:30 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia e71
    Carrier(s)
    Petro Canada
    Feedback Score

Great Job

Excellent work Wrathofpyro. The mods should sticky this baby

People should change this one as well--better codec

PR id 1066
    >Generic Features>CODEC & Music Player Settings>Video Clip Recorder Settings>Video Encoding CODEC Options(Video Clip)>Option1-MPEG4

Device(s)
    Nokia 6275i
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by *Centurion
    Excellent work Wrathofpyro. The mods should sticky this baby

People should change this one as well--better codec

PR id 1066
    >Generic Features>CODEC & Music Player Settings>Video Clip Recorder Settings>Video Encoding CODEC Options(Video Clip)>Option1-MPEG4
    Added, thanks. Is the quality that much better?

Edit: Added a link to videos comparing the 2.
    Last edited by wrathofpyro; 07-21-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Feedback Score
    i can't find where the pr id's are listed if they are. how do i find the video codec option?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    What is difference from using Sun HTTP stack compared to the defaul Nokia stack? for java

Device(s)
    Nokia 6275i
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdonally
    i can't find where the pr id's are listed if they are. how do i find the video codec option?
    Press find(or was it search?) and then enter the PRI ID listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo282
    What is difference from using Sun HTTP stack compared to the defaul Nokia stack? for java
    You have to because the nokia one doesn't work if you want to use browsers like opera mini.

ADDED AUDIO ADAPTER TOPIC TO FAQS

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I've been using nokia stack with Opera fine. It seems more like an alternative. I've tried using both and see no difference in anything on my phone so I guess thats good.

Feedback Score
    wrathofpyro, nice! Would you like me to put up a Re-direct STICKY to this thread in Nokia Modding subforum?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6275i
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thank you and go for it, that would be sweet. Ughh... I want to add more info but it won't let me edit it. Any ideas hofo mod 25?

Feedback Score
    Hi, I just got my CA-53 cable and SD card today, and I'm not sure what to do first. My computer doesn't recognize the phone. "USB device not recognized". It says it doesn't recognize an unknown device and a data storage device.

Help please?

Feedback Score

6275i Plays WMA?

Hi, first thanks a lot for this useful thread.

I got my 6275i from Bell Mob Canada. I read earlier that someone converted music into wma format and set them as ring tones. I tried with wma9, wma10 with different bit rate and stereo settings with no success. the phone reports it as unknown format. I am just curious is it possible to do at all?

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:...n&ct=clnk&cd=1

Quoted from a guy "Travis" | April 21st, 2007 at 5:23 pm
    "JD, all you do is convert your .Mp3 file to .wma, then you can use it as a ringtone. There is many programs that will convert mp3’s."

My 6275i connects to my laptop through Infrared. However even the infrared modem in the laptop is set to 4000000bps (488.28125 KBytes/s), the connection will only be 1152000bps (140.625 KBytes/s). I suspect it's the phone that's holding up the speed and wonder if there's any way to adjust it in the cell phone?
    Thanks

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast