Thread: Improved Mogul Battery Life

Feedback Score

Improved Mogul Battery Life

This registry hack significantly improved my battery life. What it does is show you how long your data connection has been running and gives you the option to disconnect. I found that even when there were no programs running, the data connection was still alive and sucking battery. By shutting down the data connection when I wasn't reading email or surfing I have practically doubled my battery life.

This hack was found here:
    http://www.ppcgeeks.com/reg-tweaks-0...v-1-t5743.html

--------------------------------------------------------
    24-This edit allows you to see the duration of your Vision connection along with a button to disconnect it. You see it in the bubble that is displayed when you tap the Vision icon.

Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Click ControlPanel
    Click Phone
    [at this point, the buttom grey status bar should read \HKLM\ControlPanel\Phone'
    Click the bottom menu 'edit'
    Select new dword value

Change the value name to "Flags2" (no quotes).
    Select the 'hexidecimal' button.
    Type 10
    Click ok.
    You should now see in the 'name/data' section:

Flags2 16 (0x00010)

When done, reset the device.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't sliding the Wi-Fi switch to off accomplish the same thing?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    No, it doesn't, since this is Vision, not WiFi.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjb829
    24-This edit allows you to see the duration of your Vision connection along with a button to disconnect it. You see it in the bubble that is displayed when you tap the Vision icon.
    I don't see any button in the bubble to turn off data. There is a link to connection settings from which I can turn off the data.

Device(s)
    htc mogul
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    i'm pretty sure you can just press and hold the end button to disconnect the evdo session

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davefan242
    i'm pretty sure you can just press and hold the end button to disconnect the evdo session
    No that turns off the phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dodda
    I don't see any button in the bubble to turn off data. There is a link to connection settings from which I can turn off the data.
    You need to establish a data connection first, say opening Internet Explorer. Then kill IE. Now when you tap the EVDO or 1X icon you will see a timer showing how long your connection has been active as well as "Disconnect" and "Hide" buttons. When there is no data connection active, you should see a note in the display bubble telling you of just that.

Device(s)
    Motorola Global(q9h)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT wireless
    Feedback Score
    one of the first tweaks i when i got my mogul

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I know this is coming in way late however I just saw this post.

Any ideas why this worked when I first edited the registry yet now after turning off the phone the disconnect no longer shows up as an option?

When I look, the value is still set in the registry.

\HKLM\ControlPanel\Phone\Flags2

Flags2 = 10 Hex

I don't normally keep my phone on 24 hours a day so I turn it off at night and power back on in the morning.

I also noticed another phone volume hack went back to normal however after reseting and turning the phone on and off several times both values appear to stay set.

I really liked this feature so would like to figure out why when value is set in registry the disconnect does not show up any more.

To answer the main question, I start a data session via IE or google map, kill the running program after connection completes and tap the area to see connections. After hack was initially created, I saw the disconnect in addition to the hide button where as now I only see hide again.

Device(s)
    LG KE770 Shine(X2)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davefan242
    Ya thats the way I have always done it. So I do not see how this 'hack' is needed.
    [Network Progression]
    [Tracfone -> Voicestream -> Sprint -> Verizon -> Sprint -> T-Mobile]

twitter.com/tzDev

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok I must be missing something because when I start a data session, i.e. IE / google map and then cancel the running program via "Running Programs" if I click on Red Phone icon which is what I assume you met by "end", nothing happens.

In addition when I click on the data session via the EVDO icon, there is no longer a "Disconnect" option nor does pressing end do anything.

Is there something I am missing here?

Also how do I get the disconnect back? I removed the "Flags2" entry in the registry, powered off for the night and placed back in however it still won't show up.