Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you use your phone while on Vacation?

Device(s)
    LG VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Do you use your phone while on Vacation?

My wife and I love cruise ship vacations. We even started a blog about cruising info because of it. I would like to know how many people here do and how many dont use their cell phone (for work is what I am really looking for) on vacation. Up until the last few years, cell phones didn't work on cruise ships and that was one thing I loved because my wife would not get phone calls while on vacation.

Please, also let me know if it is ok to use your comments in a future posting on our blog (with credit to who and where it came from if used).

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Gotta use the cellphone on vacation; only way I can validate if the strip clubs listed in the local phonebooks are still open.

That and I like to stay on top of my work e-mail so I don't get back to the office with 500 messages to go through.

Feedback Score
    Yes but it's off.

Device(s)
    LG VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I do have another quesiton as well. I would have set it up as a poll but I dont think I have enough posting cred to do so.

Would a specific cruise line not having your cell carrier covered, effect whether you would cruise with them?

BTW, the strip clups are usually so easy to spot, you really dont need to call ahead to see if they are open.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8-1
    I do have another quesiton as well. I would have set it up as a poll but I dont think I have enough posting cred to do so.

Would a specific cruise line not having your cell carrier covered, effect whether you would cruise with them?

BTW, the strip clups are usually so easy to spot, you really dont need to call ahead to see if they are open.
    Basically earlier this year 2007; all ships have you covered but it's not cheap, same for internet.

Device(s)
    LG VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rip
    Basically earlier this year 2007; all ships have you covered but it's not cheap, same for internet.
    Most, but a few are not 100% up. Cunard does not offer any cell service. Princess is just now starting, and a few others are trailing, but the major players like Carnival and Royal Caribbean are up. Roaming charges are high but better than the cost of the phone in the cabin.

Device(s)
    LG VX8100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As for internet on board, its a lot cheaper than the phone service, but unless bought in bulk minute packages its still around 75 cents a minute average depending on cruise line.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Fido, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yup I use a Tracfone for cheap service when I'm down in the States. I always have a phone with me.

Device(s)
    lg cu500 6230 b, 6682
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    my phone goes where i go.
    eight years on hofo, n00b.

Trollers suck!
    IWDCP Sergeant

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Calhoun
    Gotta use the cellphone on vacation; only way I can validate if the strip clubs listed in the local phonebooks are still open.
    Oh my!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    yes...if your posting on hofo you should be one of those "i don't know what i'd do without my cell phone" pple

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    yes i do use it...but not alot for sure because of the bill afterwards -_-*

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    i always carry my personal phone with me and use it quite often to call or text friends and family. as for work, this is my first year having one but I am sure that I will carry it to just check messages at the end of the day so i dont have hundreds if not thousands of messages to go through once i get back to my office. if i go out of country, i just buy prepaid.

Device(s)
    ▫» Apple iPhone 4 «▫
    Carrier(s)
    °º○ AT&T ○º°
    Feedback Score
    I have it with me, but usually I keep it on the charger and check it when I get back to the room. I have no reason for taking it to the pool or the beach (if applicable) with me. My sister's proven that's not a good idea, as she's water damaged about 3-4 phones by bringing them near the pool.

Telephonically NEVER satisfied.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    ^ lol interesting one, as i know a friend who got her phone water damaged because she got shoved into the pool by her friends

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast