Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Woes

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicKnight
    .....which is why I don't bother my local stores. I know those guys are comission, and since I know I am not buying; I am not going to waste their time.....
    This is a problem for T-Mobile, as well as other carriers. They make money when you enter your local store. Whether you're checking your rate plan, picking up an accessory, or changing your data service. The company wants to drive traffic to their stores. And TMoBoyinAL would benefit by learning that. When a customer comes into your store, that's your opportunity to establish yourself as their contact when they have problems (some of those problems, ie going over on texting so they need to add a package can be profitable for you) or if they need to purchase anything in the future. The best thing to do in a situation where a customer comes to you, leaves and purchases somewhere else, then comes back to you with problems would be to help that customer with whatever problems they have, providing top notch service while subtley driving home the point that if they had purchased through you those problems may never have arrised (without talking negatively about where they purchased their phone(s) or who they purchased them through) and that when they need anything in the future (whether to purchase something or for further service) you'll be there, and let them know that you work on commission and you would greatly appreciate any friends or family they refered to you.
    By handling the customer that way you will gain countless referals and will stay successful in this industry for a long time. And the next time they need phones they will come to you, open their wallet, and buy anything you tell them to buy because you will have shown them that you're knowledgable and that, more importanly then having a low price, you'll help them when they have problems.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMoBoyinAL
    I have over 1000 customers in my base alone...
    This shows everyone in this forum what a noob you are. 1,000 customers is barely a year worth of sales. Is this your new sales alone or new sales and upgrades?

Feedback Score
    I have never heard of that happening to a customer. There have been a few delays over the past week or so with FlexPay. I would suggest going to a retail store next time. They could have you squared away in no time.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AB3
    You two are obviously store sales reps. Is it really THAT much trouble and time consuming to run an ID and social for a credit check? This isn't a rhetorical question either. I'm really intrigued.
    Speaking as a consumer credit rep, I know that it can be time consuming to do a credit check. Many times an application will go into manual review and the rep will need to call into us so that we can see what the problem is. There are times (a lot more lately) that we are deep in queue and the hold time is 15 minutes or even longer. Most of the time we are able to resolve the issue quickly, but there are times when we need information faxed in (usually due to an alert that the customer has placed on their credit file). Suddenly that credit check has developed into 30-60 minutes or even longer.

That being said, I can understand both points of view. Just remember though, you do get what you paid for. Feel free to save some money, but don't get upset if the service is a little lacking.

Device(s)
    BB Curve 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ^^^ Are you drinking cough syrup again or was that short essay you wrote previously a load of crap? I could care less about saving "$50" on a phone. I do care about being confined to a service for two years when I have the ability to sign up with a one-year agreement.

You two are obviously store sales reps. Is it really THAT much trouble and time consuming to run an ID and social for a credit check? This isn't a rhetorical question either. I'm really intrigued.
    The store can do a 1 year agreement on flexpay and the phone is $50 more...so if you don't care then go to the store... and it's not trouble, but we are graded on people activated versus how many credit checks we ran... And why get the sales guys hopes up if you're just going to go somewhere else? You could have called 1-800-TMOBILE to begin with..

Device(s)
    BB Curve 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile__Man
    This shows everyone in this forum what a noob you are. 1,000 customers is barely a year worth of sales. Is this your new sales alone or new sales and upgrades?
    I'm sorry that my customer base isn't 10,000 but hello I still live in AL... it's just new customers and it's over a year... no I'm not pulling in 150 new customers a month... 50 or so every month... so if I did 50/month in a year that's 600 customers... in 2 years that's 1200 customers IF I don't loose any... plus this base doesn't show me ANY of my prepaid customers which we still have a lot of in this area... And I'm not as 'new' to this as you'd think I am...

Device(s)
    BB Curve 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile__Man
    This is a problem for T-Mobile, as well as other carriers. They make money when you enter your local store. Whether you're checking your rate plan, picking up an accessory, or changing your data service. The company wants to drive traffic to their stores. And TMoBoyinAL would benefit by learning that. When a customer comes into your store, that's your opportunity to establish yourself as their contact when they have problems (some of those problems, ie going over on texting so they need to add a package can be profitable for you) or if they need to purchase anything in the future. The best thing to do in a situation where a customer comes to you, leaves and purchases somewhere else, then comes back to you with problems would be to help that customer with whatever problems they have, providing top notch service while subtley driving home the point that if they had purchased through you those problems may never have arrised (without talking negatively about where they purchased their phone(s) or who they purchased them through) and that when they need anything in the future (whether to purchase something or for further service) you'll be there, and let them know that you work on commission and you would greatly appreciate any friends or family they refered to you.
    By handling the customer that way you will gain countless referals and will stay successful in this industry for a long time. And the next time they need phones they will come to you, open their wallet, and buy anything you tell them to buy because you will have shown them that you're knowledgable and that, more importanly then having a low price, you'll help them when they have problems.
    I do everything you're talking about... I'm referring to the people who say "I want you to tell me everything I should get when I order online" and take an hour of my time away. Can they not read??? Yes, unfortunately I do work on a commission structure and that doesn't do anything for me when someone KNOWINGLY comes in to get ALL the information just to go online and order. Then they want to come into the store with problems or to swap out their new handset. Sorry... NOT happening...

Device(s)
    Nokia N96
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I do everything you're talking about... I'm referring to the people who say "I want you to tell me everything I should get when I order online" and take an hour of my time away. Can they not read??? Yes, unfortunately I do work on a commission structure and that doesn't do anything for me when someone KNOWINGLY comes in to get ALL the information just to go online and order. Then they want to come into the store with problems or to swap out their new handset. Sorry... NOT happening...
    This is a terrible attitude. Even if you put the time in, and they buy elsewhere, and then come back to you with issues, it remains your job duty to resolve all issues on devices that carry T-Mobile service plans. While it's not fun knowing that you don't earn anything commission-wise for the time put in, apparently you need to be reminded that you are paid not just for commission, you are paid a base salary to provide customer service. Did you forget that? Please, stop embarassing the hard working reps who help ALL customers without bias.

Regarding the system problems in the last week, it has been difficult to say the least. A true test of patience for both customers and employees alike.

Regarding the original post on this thread: I'm still cloudy on why he had to go to a store to run credit?? And why they couldnt do a one-year for him there?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kflan
    Speaking as a consumer credit rep, I know that it can be time consuming to do a credit check. Many times an application will go into manual review and the rep will need to call into us so that we can see what the problem is.
    I'm not referring to credit checks over the phone. I'm talking about physically walking into a store asking them to look at it, handing them my card, and receiving an answer in under 2 minutes. Is there something else I'm missing? Do they need to fill out additional paperwork?

There are times (a lot more lately) that we are deep in queue and the hold time is 15 minutes or even longer. Most of the time we are able to resolve the issue quickly, but there are times when we need information faxed in (usually due to an alert that the customer has placed on their credit file). Suddenly that credit check has developed into 30-60 minutes or even longer.
    Again, this is done over the computer. I'm sorry but I don't see an in-store sales rep huddled over a computer for an hour doing a credit check.

That being said, I can understand both points of view. Just remember though, you do get what you paid for. Feel free to save some money, but don't get upset if the service is a little lacking.
    Are you kidding me? I'm going through the same system that a business owner interested in activating 10 handsets would go through! Do you really consider going through business and corporate sales "cutting corners"? If so then I've definitely made a mistake with going with T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    The store can do a 1 year agreement on flexpay and the phone is $50 more...so if you don't care then go to the store... and it's not trouble, but we are graded on people activated versus how many credit checks we ran... And why get the sales guys hopes up if you're just going to go somewhere else? You could have called 1-800-TMOBILE to begin with..
    I'm beginning to think that reading comprehension isn't wasn't one of your strong points but that's okay. I'm going to spell it out for you this time because you have failed at reading post #1 in this thread.

I originally went to the T-Mobile store to inquire about a credit check. I made it clear to the sales rep that I was not going to be activating a line so there were no "getting hopes up" (i can't believe you actually pulled that card by the way). My reasoning for going to the T-Mobile retail store was to find out whether or not my previous credit check was still on file. You can not do this over the phone without making a charge to your card. Instead of the representative checking to see if an inquiry was still in the database he re-ran my credit application causing another inquiry on my credit report. I know this because I get alerts whenever there are changes. Aside from all of this, what does it matter if I come in and don't give a sales associate a sale? The guy was really nice but when I came in he was sitting on a stool taking a personal call on his cell-phone. Is it too much to ask to give someone a service without expecting anything in return? I really don't think him taking 2 minutes out of his oh-so-busy afternoon is going to cause him to lose any sleep at night so please stop trying to play devil's advocate here.

The store can do a 1 year agreement on flexpay and the phone is $50 more...so if you don't care then go to the store...
    You know what? That would have been perfect! All of my T-Mobile troubles would have never begun in the first place. Maybe, just MAYBE this rep would have known that if he spent his spare time around the store actually learning about a new product versus taking personal calls on his cell-phone. I told him why I was going through business/corporate sales and he mentioned nothing of a 1 year agreement possibility. I distinctly remember him telling me about a 2 year agreement with Flex.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    LOL @ Can they not read???. Have you ever heard of the pot calling the kettle black?

I was completely sold on what product I was going with before entering the store. The only purpose was to find out about my credit which is ONLY available in a retail store.

Also, I still have the rep's card sitting next to my bed in-case I decide to purchase any accessories or if a friend decides they'd like to join T-Mobile. It sounds like the rep's 2-3 minutes was worthwhile.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grifflax
    Regarding the original post on this thread: I'm still cloudy on why he had to go to a store to run credit?? And why they couldnt do a one-year for him there?
    The credit was in regards to a previously placed credit application (before flex). I never got a straight-forward answer of how long a credit application stays on file. Answers varied from 30 days, to 60 days, to 90 days, and to 6 months. I really wasn't interested in T-Mobile placing another credit inquiry on my report so I went to the store to check if it was still on file. Apparently the store has the authorization to run a credit report or check previously placed applications without running a charge on a card.

As far as the one-year in-store question goes, your guess is as good as mine because I had no idea that this could be done in the store. I made it clear to the sales rep of my interest in the business sale and he mentioned nothing of the ability of a one-year contract in the store. I can't remember specifically but I think I actually asked him if this was a possibility. This was the day after Flex was released so maybe that was the problem?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    You know what? That would have been perfect! All of my T-Mobile troubles would have never begun in the first place. Maybe, just MAYBE this rep would have known that if he spent his spare time around the store actually learning about a new product versus taking personal calls on his cell-phone. I told him why I was going through business/corporate sales and he mentioned nothing of a 1 year agreement possibility. I distinctly remember him telling me about a 2 year agreement with Flex.
    Just one more instance where a customer went to a corporate store and they gave misinformation. See, it's not direct vs indirect, it's good reps vs bad reps. There are good and bad on both sides.

Device(s)
    BB Curve 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grifflax
    This is a terrible attitude. Even if you put the time in, and they buy elsewhere, and then come back to you with issues, it remains your job duty to resolve all issues on devices that carry T-Mobile service plans. While it's not fun knowing that you don't earn anything commission-wise for the time put in, apparently you need to be reminded that you are paid not just for commission, you are paid a base salary to provide customer service. Did you forget that? Please, stop embarassing the hard working reps who help ALL customers without bias.
    Generally that person is an arrogant *** who thinks that I'm there to 'serve' him. I'm not a servant and they DO NOT PAY ME... T-Mobile does. Now I don't push people off just because they got their phone somewhere else. I'm talking about the person who actually tells me after I spend my time (and yes I do work on commissions) and basically snickers and says well I'm going to suchandsuch.com to buy them because I can get them for free. He planned that the whole time but wanted me to do all the work. No I have no respect of him and I will tell him to call 611 for help. And no I don't have to help someone just because their phone says T-Mobile on it and they have service. That's what we have 611 for... they are trained for this. I was not trained to use all those systems nor have access to ALL systems. It's the whiney customer that wants me to do everything for them and won't help themselves... So NO I don't HAVE to help someone who refuses to HELP THEMSELVES! I put them on the phone with cust care and say good luck and No we don't have any loaner phones... that's a great argument to have...

Device(s)
    BB Curve 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Are you kidding me? I'm going through the same system that a business owner interested in activating 10 handsets would go through! Do you really consider going through business and corporate sales "cutting corners"? If so then I've definitely made a mistake with going with T-Mobile.
    Actually you're completely wrong... If that customer was signing up for 10 lines he sure as hell wouldn't be signing up for flexpay.. flexpay is designed around credit challenged customers... not credit worthy customers...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast