Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: The Master of Multitasking: My P1i Review

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkao2025
    Yes I use both the wired headset and HBH-DS970 and for me the N95 sounds better. I can play with the Equalizers and it's so much louder than the P1i. The sound on the P1i sounds a little muffled to me. The Walkman phones sound better than the N95, but not the P1i IMO. Again it seems like the p1i was made so that it can do everything, but not everything the best. The music via A2DP just blew me away the first time I heard it on the N95.

How do you find the pic quality? I find on the P1i the pics come out overexposed and has too much noise. Wish they had put a cybershot in it.
    I've never liked the megabass too much (too muffled as you say)...I'm not happy with the n95 music player at all. I mainly use a2dp nowadays and walk to work (about 25-30 mins of music.) The n95 (I've tried all the firmwares) had constant issues with a2dp. If i received a text the music would stop playing, the music player would constantly breakup cause of interference between my body. back pocket or bag means static on the n95, not as much break up with the p1i. from my experiences thus far.

My music is generally all acc/mp4 about 192.

The n95 is louder but that's about it....

in terms of camera it's not as good as my old k790 but it does the job. Yes there seems to be some over exposure...but doesn't bother me that much..
    the n95 has the steriod oversaturation look which annoys me more...

i think of the p1i cam as a w810 cam which is probably why i'm satisfied...

I find that in the night (bars/clubs) the camera is better then the n95. (faster but more of less the same grainess)

the camera UI on the p1i is a lot better to use though, it remembers your settings and doesn't reset, faster to switch modes and adjust to conditions as well too.

Resistance is Futile! get the nokia n8 housing for your iphone lol
    from nokiaconversations

Twitter me

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shaolinmonk
    I've never liked the megabass too much (too muffled as you say)...I'm not happy with the n95 music player at all. I mainly use a2dp nowadays and walk to work (about 25-30 mins of music.) The n95 (I've tried all the firmwares) had constant issues with a2dp. If i received a text the music would stop playing, the music player would constantly breakup cause of interference between my body. back pocket or bag means static on the n95, not as much break up with the p1i. from my experiences thus far.

My music is generally all acc/mp3 about 192.

The n95 is louder but that's about it....

in terms of camera it's not as good as my old k790 but it does the job. Yes there seems to be some over exposure...but doesn't bother me that much..
    the n95 has the steriod oversaturation look which annoys me.

I find that in the night (bars/clubs) the camera is better then the n95. (faster)
    Yes some good points. I agree that the A2DP breaks up when I recieve email and messages, but I'm wondering if that's because I use a SE Headset with my N95. Was thinking about getting a BH-500 to try out.

In terms of camera, yes the Nokia has the over saturation, but I find the pictures are clearer than on the P1i and I feel IMO it takes better shots. No doubt the K790 takes best pics right now until the K850i comes out. I also agree with you that the P1i seems to take less time to get into camera mode.

In general, I prefer the sound and pics out of my N95 over the P1i. Again I'm hoping future firmware will fix a lot of the problems or problems that I think exist.

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkao2025
    Yes some good points. I agree that the A2DP breaks up when I recieve email and messages, but I'm wondering if that's because I use a SE Headset with my N95. Was thinking about getting a BH-500 to try out.

In terms of camera, yes the Nokia has the over saturation, but I find the pictures are clearer than on the P1i and I feel IMO it takes better shots. No doubt the K790 takes best pics right now until the K850i comes out. I also agree with you that the P1i seems to take less time to get into camera mode.

In general, I prefer the sound and pics out of my N95 over the P1i. Again I'm hoping future firmware will fix a lot of the problems or problems that I think exist.
    ya it really is a tough call....If i had a choice i'd stick the n95 camera in the p1i. But that's not an option here so for me even though the n95 camera hardware is better i appriecate the SE solution more.

I expect the firmware to improve the camera but I don't expect it to ever be as good as the k790 or n95...

As for a2dp.... not sure about the reason i just hate the "bug" and don't want a wait around to find out or invest in another pair of a2dp headphones.

the biggest thing for me in the p1i is the ram.. i rather have older hardware than newer hardware that gives me a negative user experience...

Device(s)
    G1 + N800 (open source tag team)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    and that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you have a civilized debate over two competing products on Howard Forum. Can we just copy that and put it as a sticky in the Apple Forum?
    2000th post dedicated to the best phone ever - The Sidekick

Device(s)
    HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    ok, so i just got mine.

for some reason it is nowhere near as fast as shoalin's. do i have to do anything to speed it up?

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by methodz
    ok, so i just got mine.

for some reason it is nowhere near as fast as shoalin's. do i have to do anything to speed it up?
    initial start up of an app is slow.. after eveything is loaded it's fast..because you're using the ram to swap between apps

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Good review. I may have to try this after I skipped the P990 for obvious reasons.

Device(s)
    HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shaolinmonk
    initial start up of an app is slow.. after eveything is loaded it's fast..because you're using the ram to swap between apps
    thank you sir!!! i just figured that out as now it is running quick and smooth.

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE2dUjJfYOI

video of finger scrolling with opera mini, and tomtom but it's a little hard to see

Device(s)
    HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    if only we could zoom like my iphone!

Device(s)
    HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    where did u get your tomtom btw?

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by methodz
    if only we could zoom like my iphone!
    it's similar... you double tap and it zooms in

Device(s)
    G1 + N800 (open source tag team)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    if only the iphone could install tomtom .. like.. the p1i...

sorry .. i just hate that type of comment

Device(s)
    HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    ^^man, you sound like an iphone hater.

first of all, its not like i don't own the P1 and am in here bashing it. i actually own the product and listing some things i wish it had that i was previously used to like some of the people above. sorry if it doesn't fit your criteria for a suitable comment, but its not like you had to retaliate.

anyways, diggin the phone so far, but my reception in the house is not at full strength unlike the k810 when i had one. it erratically swings from 2 bars to 5 bars (full) but likes to hang around 3 bars. its wierd it is never steady. kind of a bummer as i was on a call and had to ask the caller to repeat themselves a few times.

Device(s)
    k790i
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the video shaolinmonk! i need to trick the gf into getting me one. i wish it had uma for tmo then my life would be complete - for now.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast