Thread: $200 for the Mogul? (30 day exchange)

Device(s)
    Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

$200 for the Mogul? (30 day exchange)

I started with the Upstage and decided to upgrade to the Mogul within $30 days. When I called to make the change I was told that the exchange would be based on retail price, not contract price. So instead of my additional charges being $289-$100=$189, they would be $550-$300=$250. I asked for retentions and they went ahead and gave it to me by working with contract price.

If this is their policy, do they also follow it when the price doesn't come out in their favor? For example, if I had started with the Q (the most heavily discounted sero phone right now), I would have gotten a $350 discount ($450-$100=$350). Had I then made a trade, I would have gotten the Mogul for $550-$350=$200. Or better yet, trading the Q for the Upstage would have resulted in a $50 credit on my account. Is this true? If I had known this from the beginning, I would have simply ordered the Q and traded later for the phone I wanted. Anyone else that has done this?
    Last edited by troyernet; 08-02-2007 at 02:16 PM. Reason: better title to reflect content

Device(s)
    Sprint Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    What they should do it give you credit back for old phone (what ever you paid) and charge you what the contract price is on the new phone. And effectively pay the difference. That is the fairest and most common sense and what I would argue for.

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    Umm... I can say I have swapped out my q for a mogul. I paid 79.99 for my Q when they had that promotion. Then swapped out for another q within the 30 days. Then after the 30 days I was getting mad at how the keys don't react all the time. So I convinced the guy to give me the mogul. So he said I would only have to pay 100 dollars to swap it out. And I have my Q rebate check on its way sometime this month. So that knocks it back down to 79.99. Then afterwards Ill do the 75 dollar kellogg for the mogul. I mean if its there its there. I"m not going to argue if I'm getting something in favor because I didn't like the q that much.

Device(s)
    Mogul
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mswlogo
    What they should do it give you credit back for old phone (what ever you paid) and charge you what the contract price is on the new phone. And effectively pay the difference. That is the fairest and most common sense and what I would argue for.
    I agree and in the end that's what I got. But it sounds like that's not the case and according to at least one post you can get the best price by buying the most heavily discounted phone first. Wish I had known that when I ordered.

Device(s)
    Palm PRE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    i had a Q .. piece of crap i paid 79.99 for it, then got the mogul for only 100 more ... how do i get the kellogs rebate?
    Code Name: s1l3nz
    Latest Exploits:
    LG AX8600
    Next Exploits:Sprint Samsung Exclaim wap+mms

Device(s)
    Moto Q
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    what did you do with your Q?