Thread: N75 newbie questions

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

N75 newbie questions

I just got a this phone and there are a somethings I clearly do not understand.

1. What does it mean when the phone indicates GPRS packet data is active?

2. Is there a function in the phone that stores the Internet and email usage.

3. I am new to this Media Net stuff. If I connect to the internet and close the cover does this disconnect me so that I am not being charged for access? I noticed if I hold down the "end" button I am asked me if I want to end the packet data connection.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72-2
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    1. you have a data connection

2. none installed on the phone that i know of, but there are an endless number of programs out there for your symbian OS

3. closing the flip will NOT exit the browser...with this phone you must choose "exit" for all programs. pressing the end key will close the browser window, but i'd always check to see if there are any applications running before assuming that i'd closed everything

kev

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I found a data counter in "Log" accessed through the main menu. It shows data, sent and recieved in kb. Wouldn't this be what I am being charged for or what is going against my MB limit?

Device(s)
    Nokia E72-2
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtl
    I found a data counter in "Log" accessed through the main menu. It shows data, sent and recieved in kb. Wouldn't this be what I am being charged for or what is going against my MB limit?
    yup, that's what's going towards your limit....watch out, cingular charges ALOT for data overage (ask me how i know)

also, that's like the call timer in that you have to reset it every month for it to be accurate....for an up-to-date data counter, dial *3282# and it'll text you your MTD usage

kev

kev

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I only have the 1MB Media Net so I really need to be careful. I haven't done anything and I have used half of it.

I am still trying to decide if I want this phone (N75) or the V3xx. I really don't plan on using it for data, but I want a phone with good reception like my previous V3 and a decent camera. Even though the camera has more MP than the V3xx I wonder if it takes better pictures. The pics I took so far are terrible compared to my old 2 MP Olympus camera. I guess the lens is what its all about.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    At&t *Greatest Service I have been with them since 1999*
    Feedback Score
    The V3xx is a cool phone, however, when I decided to get a new phone, I chose the N75 and I am really happy with it. Let's put it this way the N75 takes better pictures then the Samsung Sync *which I will probably give the sync to my sister*. The V3xx camera is not as good as I would have expected. You can change the settings of the data to when needed, which I did. I have the unlimited package mainly to get the $ 20 off the phone because the corporate stores did not have the n75 in stock and a non corporate store had it in stock, so I spent a little more to get this phone. This phone has been great so far.

Charlie

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    moto are famous for having crappy cameras

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    At&t *Greatest Service I have been with them since 1999*
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by angel_wing0
    moto are famous for having crappy cameras
    Well that is soo true.. My V551 and V3 had crappy cameras.. The V3xx had a better camera, however, the Sync took better pics and my N75 has a way better camera then the sync from what I can tell..

Charlie

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I dunno. My old V3xx took better pictures than my N75. They were always clear and bright, the N75 pics are grainy and green tinted no matter how much i adjust the camera.
    My V8 takes way better pics than my N75.. just doesnt have a flash.
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com