Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa 3G?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Iowa 3G?

Anybody know when 3G might be coming to Iowa?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint :]
    Feedback Score
    i highly doubt they will anytime reallly really soon. maybe though.
    i don't even have at&t, yet. but it just seems pretty obvious.
    although i live in a suburb of annapolis (md) and my friends with at&t 3G phones have pretty decent 3G coverage around the island (it's called kent island btw)

Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    My friend who works for AT&T last year said they were starting to roll it out here in Iowa (I'm in Iowa City for University). But, for months he was then saying that they're putting it off. I doubt we'll see it any time soon. Hell, Madison, WI is just getting active 3g.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just drove through Iowa last weekend on my way to Omaha and I didn't even have Edge for half the trip. If Omaha doesn't have it, I wouldn't expect anywhere in Iowa to get it soon. Omaha metro population is 825,000 and no 3G.

Go Badgers!!!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rkklinke
    I just drove through Iowa last weekend on my way to Omaha and I didn't even have Edge for half the trip. If Omaha doesn't have it, I wouldn't expect anywhere in Iowa to get it soon. Omaha metro population is 825,000 and no 3G.

Go Badgers!!!
    Yup, What is sad is Omaha has had EV-DO from Verizon, Sprint, and Alltel for a long time now. Problem is this market has never been a priority for ATTWS/Cingular/ATT. ATTWS came to this market pretty late, after Verizon, Sprint, and Alltel had already had a pretty strong foothold. ATT is probibly the #4 carrier in the Omaha market. ATT's network is not that great here as well. I would love to get ATT because I really want a Nokia N82 or N95, but when I have a Sprint Sero plan that gives me 500 mins, Unlimited 3G data and messaging, and nights and weekends starting at 7 for $30, it is very hard to switch. Anyway, I love GSM technology, just not alot of support for it here in this market.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The sales manager at the AT&T store in Cedar Rapids "says" it will be here by year end, but I heard that last year. It should be one of the areas in the 80 city list to be added this year, but thats just a guess.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It's coming to Des Moines, Iowa 4th Q this year. Just in Des Moines and the burbs, not anywhere else as of yet from my understanding.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Actually they just announced today that its coming to Des Moines, Davenport, and Cedar Rapids this year.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yep. 'Bout time! Wish we knew when. I've been hearing we'd get it this year since November. Now we need a date.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS 16gb White
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Where do you guys get these updates on when they are planning 3g in areas? I'm in Des Moines actually I had Sprint before and EVDO was great to use but I wanted the iPhone too much that I switched over and EDGE is slow

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    AT&T doesn't have it posted anywhere. The news actually came from KCRG news in Cedar Rapids area, here is the link. Sucks they don't say when just by year end. Better than nothing I am more excited than a kid in a candy store.
    http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/18732294.html

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I have noticed one thing though the EDGE network here has gotten HORRIBLE, I have a Data Card and internet on my Tilt. With the data card sometimes I am lucky to get a site to come up and my phone is hitting as low as 37k and maybe 120k if i am lucky wtf is going on?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, EDGE seems to have slowed some, though not as much for me, but I'm on the IL side. Maybe this means their in the midst of their upgrades.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My fiance works in a store. She was recently told that the deadline for 3G here was September. Not too far away

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yea they need to hurry up and get on it.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast