Thread: Need some advice regarding Nokia 9300 and my mom

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Need some advice regarding Nokia 9300 and my mom

Right now my mom has a Moto V360. Its beat to ****. She wants a new phone, but she said she wants it to be able to easily read email (from AOL ), and have a full QWERTY keyboard.

But she said my dad's Blackberry is too big (8700). She wants something like the EnV, but we're on cingular so thats out. It seems like the 9300 is the best option, but it still doesn't seem like that great a phone, and it seems to be rather outdated. I need to talk to her if she'll take something like a slim blackberry (BlackJack or the E61).

So basically I'm asking of people's opinions on the 9300, and if you think a tech idiot such as herself can operate it faily easily after some guidance from a techy (me). It seems as though the update (E90) is wayyyy out of her league and wayyy out of her price range (350 max).

Thanks a ton

Device(s)
    Nokia 9300i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I love my 9300i, my version of the 9300i was release almost a year ago. There are several differences between the 9300 and the 9300i but the main one is WIFI. Seeing that your mom is living under a rock (no offense) she probably would not take full advantage of the true capabilties of the 9300 nor the 9300i. The is S60 operating system of the E61 is a lot easier to you use, but it is not as advanced as the S80 (Nokia Communicators). The E90 is also easier to use than the 9300(i) because it runs on the S60 opperating system as well.
    Bond, Jonathan Bond

Device(s)
    Nokia 9300i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    another option for your mom would be the Pearl. Does not have a full keyboard but it is small!

Device(s)
    Nokia 9500
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was in pretty much the same situation as you. I have an older mom, and she likes to text message, especially to her family that reside overseas. However, she never took the the whole multi-tap and/or T9 interface for text messaging. So many years back, I got her the Nokia 9290 here in the States and she totally loved it. She could text message without a problem. Then the 9300 came out and the 9290 finally was on its last leg. We went to the Nokia store here in Chicago and we purchased the 9300. It works very well, the OS is great. Get the 9300 and I am sure she will like it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hah, thanks for the suggestions but she ended up getting a BlackJack a while ago, after two weeks it was "too high tech () for her, so she gave it to my sister and now she's using her ****** free LG we got a year or two ago...