Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: WM6 for the 6700.. WOO HOO

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

WM6 for the 6700.. WOO HOO

There's the article I found the information in.

Here's the link to the WM6 forum topic @ PPCGeeks.

And Here's the direct link to the VZW Rom

notes from the forum post:

Remember, this is not official rom (yeah dream on). It might contain a bug, maybe lot of it. And this is still an earlier phase of Apache WM6! this is the first APAC WM6 on earth so dont expect too much, but please do your part to make it better!.

Disclaimer:
    This ROM is free to use but at your own risk, I take no responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused to your phone by this upgrading procedure. No warranties of any kind are given. Any commercial usage prohibited.

USE THIS UPGRADE AT UR OWN RISK!

Enjoy!!
    "Shouldn't you be working?"

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthetas
    the grass is usually greenest over the septic system. think about it

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am upgrading as I type this. So far so good. Im adding the verizon customizations then I am gonna start playing around. The ROM definitely installs properly though. Helmi is awesome.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ok,

It works flawlessly. I have WM6 Professional running nicely on my XV6700 !!! It sure is a different interface. its also a little sluggish but only because I haven't messed with any settings yet.

Also how do I get all my contacts back on the device ? They are in Microsoft outlook but I can't find a way to shoot them onto the 6700. It forces me to make a new account when I first active sync.

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    anyone else try this yet?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So I've had wm6 installed and have been messing around. I installed memmaid and had to optimize the settings. I also installed xcpuscalar but it was causing lock ups so I removed it. I realy like the new ui. the launcher is a godsend. after memmaid optimized everything the device is pretty spiffy and I didn't need xcpuscalar anyways. I have all my games installed and they all work. music plays really nice. I haven't tried the bt streaming yet as I can't even find where to set it up lol. Call quality is really good. Bluetooth works really well with my samsung wep200 headset. I talked with several people at length and had no trouble.

All in all I've had a very nice experience. You no longer need magic button. Wm6 has the same functionality built in. the rom itself is an excellent, professional install, and the upgrade is well worth the price hehe

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordshadowz
    All in all I've had a very nice experience. You no longer need magic button. Wm6 has the same functionality built in. the rom itself is an excellent, professional install, and the upgrade is well worth the price hehe
    Just to clarify this comment. WM6 does not have this built in. The HTC app was included in the ROM by helmi_c.

There are also several other extras that were included.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Your right. I went and looked. My bad ! Go HTC

I really love the launcher, but does anyone know if it can be expanded ? Theres only 9 slots for programs.

Device(s)
    XV6700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordshadowz
    I am upgrading as I type this. So far so good. Im adding the verizon customizations then I am gonna start playing around. The ROM definitely installs properly though. Helmi is awesome.
    Which of the Verizon version did you install? the v0.rar that is linked from this thread?

Glad to hear it's working so well - good news for anyone else who's wanting to go for it!
    Scott

Device(s)
    XV6700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I did it. WM6 working. It's adding the VZW stuff now.
    Will play around and let y'all know how it's going tomorrow.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I downloaded the Verizon version with the bootloader. I put my phone into bootload mode and let the rom run.

Device(s)
    XV6700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So far so good. Everything is working fine so far. VZW Wireless sync worked nicely and reloaded all my PIM info. I took someone else's trick and had most of my add-on SW CAB's on my SD card, so re-installing those was quick.

Device(s)
    XV6700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok, so the one thing that is missing is the voice tag stuff that was part of the 2.0 update from UTStarcomm (or maybe I just can't find it). I'd rather not have to go out and buy MS Voice Commander... I'll go check over on the other site, but there's like 70 pages of replies that mostly just say how awesome Helmi is...

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It was removed. Eventually, as the bugs are worked out, a kitchen will be made and you will be able to choose what programs are in the ROM.

Device(s)
    XV6800 (USING)
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON,
    Feedback Score
    I have downloaded the file, but i'm debating if i should put it in my phone... Because 1. does active sync work with the new upgrade to WM6? 2. Do i have to hard reboot?

Those are my major concerns....

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1. Yes
    2. Yes

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast