Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: AT&T Premier Account (FAN) FAQ

Device(s)
    9930 and 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkley
    I'm confused about the Rebate.......

"Gift Card" ??? Don't you get a check for a CASH rebate? What/how does the "gift card" work????
    The card is a Visa card - you can use it like a regular credit card, but you can't use it like an ATM card and draw cash. It's just like cash, but plastic.

It saves AT&T money by going to the pre-paid card and not having to pay the bank charges. You can use the Visa card at Wally-World, Target, online, etc.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (was Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    And this can be used anywhere or only at ATT stores/ATT online???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

..........BARKLEY........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Device(s)
    9930 and 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    And this can be used anywhere or only at ATT stores/ATT online???
    You can use it anywhere the Visa card is accepted.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (was Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    DANG! So that means instead of actually saving money, I still have to "spend" money in order to use the money that I've saved

Device(s)
    9930 and 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    DANG! So that means instead of actually saving money, I still have to "spend" money in order to use the money that I've saved
    No, not really. You can use the card to pay for something you want to do. Use the card instead of using your cash in you pocket. Say you wanna go out to eat - use the card instaed of paying cash. You got a good meal and you still have money in your pocket.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (was Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Ok...... that's a good way of looking at it.....

Thank you muchly ~

Device(s)
    Sanyo SCP-5500 / VM-4500
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Reading the premier site, it seems that you have to sign up for a 2-year to get the discounted prices. How do you go about buying something without actually adding a line of voice service?
    Sanyo SCP-5500

Device(s)
    9930 and 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok...... that's a good way of looking at it.....

Thank you muchly ~
    No problem - anytime!

Device(s)
    Jesusphone v1 2.0.2 JB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
    I'm getting a 8525 for Xmas, but I'm ordering it myself. How's the warranty length, etc?

I thought about waiting until after the 25th to order it, in case something was wrong with it. But, I don't want to wait a few days and have it be out of stock.

Suggestions?
    Can anyone answer this?

Feedback Score

Let me know if there's a way...

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker
    Reading the premier site, it seems that you have to sign up for a 2-year to get the discounted prices. How do you go about buying something without actually adding a line of voice service?
    According to the Premier agent to whom I just spoke, you get your FAN-specific equipment discount (usually 30-40% off) when you select "upgrade phone only," but to get the additional rebate ($100 gift card on the Blackjack II, in my case) you *MUST* choose DIFFERENT $39.99-and-up voice and unlimited data plans than you have now. Since I already have 2 lines and voice/data plans that meet those minimums, I'm totally confused by this policy, which seems specifically designed to penalize people who are already their best customers! Anybody know if there's a way around this that still gets you the rebate(s)?

Device(s)
    Jesusphone v1 2.0.2 JB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Will they pull a credit report for getting a phone-only upgrade for a line we already have?

Don't need an unnecessary credit pull sitting there.

Device(s)
    9930 and 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
    Will they pull a credit report for getting a phone-only upgrade for a line we already have?

Don't need an unnecessary credit pull sitting there.
    If you go through the Premier site (unknown if the rugular site does this), you are required to enter your identifying information, to include your social. I don't know if they actually pull a report or if the SSN is required in order to verify your previous order. Or it could be if the phone is going to be used by another party (again you are the one that fills in the user portion for the phone), it may be to vouch for that person.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DLF
    According to the Premier agent to whom I just spoke, you get your FAN-specific equipment discount (usually 30-40% off) when you select "upgrade phone only," but to get the additional rebate ($100 gift card on the Blackjack II, in my case) you *MUST* choose DIFFERENT $39.99-and-up voice and unlimited data plans than you have now. Since I already have 2 lines and voice/data plans that meet those minimums, I'm totally confused by this policy, which seems specifically designed to penalize people who are already their best customers! Anybody know if there's a way around this that still gets you the rebate(s)?
    I don't think you have to switch voice plans. I'm still on a 850 minute plan from 2004 and the last rebate I got was OK, but then again, there was no data plan involved.

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I doubt I can do this, but I might as well ask. I did some searching with no success.

I plan on switching to a premiere account, from T-mobile, next month and would like to get the Tilt. I see that Newegg is selling it with contract and for cheap compared to other stores right now. So, would I be able to call CS and ask them to give me the discount on my voice plan by giving them my email address, thus changing it to a FAN account or would I have to buy a phone through the premiere site to get the discounts?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Jesusphone v1 2.0.2 JB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You can sign up for Premier at any time to get the line discount.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast