Thread: I give up on Windows Mobile...

Device(s)
    Samsung t809
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I give up on Windows Mobile...

I have come to the conclusion that Windows Mobile 5 is, like all other Microsoft products - garbage.

I retired in my Qtek 8500 (i.e. Cingular 3125) Windows Mobile phone yesterday, this is the second Qtek 8500 I have had, and the 3rd windows mobile phone I had - I'm definatly not a fan.

I looked at the Sidekick 3 but it did not seem very professional and the size was a bit much.

I ended up with a BlackBerry 8100 Pearl - all black. This is my first crackberry and I have to say - so far its the best phone I have ever owned.

It was easier to setup AND easier to use then my WM5 phone, not to mention this one actually stays on all day vs WM5 sucking the battery dead in mere hours.

If anyone wants a Qtek 8500 - you can find it on ebay this weekend, both of them. lol.
    Arthur

Tmobile Motorola V66 Blue - Retired June '04
    Cingular Samsung X427 - Sold Oct '04
    Cingular Motorola MPX200 - Sold Dec '05
    Cingular Samsung X427 - Sold March '05

Verizon Motorola V265 - Died May '05
    Verizon LG Vx4600 - Died Jan 06
    Verizon Motorola E815 - Sold June 06

Tmobile Samsung T809 - Sold Oct '06
    Tmobile Motorola RAZR Black - Sold Nov '06
    Tmobile Motorola V330 - Sold Feb '07
    Tmobile Qtek 8500 - For Sale
    Tmobile Qtek 8500 - For Sale
    Blackberry Pearl 8100 - Current

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My Dash has been pretty reliable with both WM5 and WM6.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile(great sms)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by White40thGT
    I have come to the conclusion that Windows Mobile 5 is, like all other Microsoft products - garbage.

I retired in my Qtek 8500 (i.e. Cingular 3125) Windows Mobile phone yesterday, this is the second Qtek 8500 I have had, and the 3rd windows mobile phone I had - I'm definatly not a fan.

I looked at the Sidekick 3 but it did not seem very professional and the size was a bit much.

I ended up with a BlackBerry 8100 Pearl - all black. This is my first crackberry and I have to say - so far its the best phone I have ever owned.

It was easier to setup AND easier to use then my WM5 phone, not to mention this one actually stays on all day vs WM5 sucking the battery dead in mere hours.

If anyone wants a Qtek 8500 - you can find it on ebay this weekend, both of them. lol.

Yea Windows suck really really bad. I had 3 phones over three different platforms and nothing has changed in 7 years.
    Blackberry 9700
    My next BB is the BB9800.....

Device(s)
    iPhone IIIgs
    Carrier(s)
    Main: Cingular(US)
    Feedback Score
    I would use a WM device if someone gave it to me, but like you I gave up in the platform (at least until WM version 15). I have used a number of devices running this OS since version 2.0 - I kept hoping it would improve - but nothing. I gave up on WM5 when I switched to Symbian S60
    Club-Admiralty - my site

Phone History: Maxon MX-3204; Nokia 7110; Nokia 8290; Ericsson T28w; Nokia 8890; Ericsson T68; SE P800; Nokia 7190; HTC Blue Angel; LG L1400; Nokia 1100; Blackberry 8703; Nokia N80; Nokia 6126; Motorola V3xx, iPhone IIIgs

I Lurk, therefore I am

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnc_22
    My Dash has been pretty reliable with both WM5 and WM6.
    Same here.

Feedback Score
    I heard WM6 is a lot better and gets some people to switch from symbian to windows

Device(s)
    Samsung t809
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I debated a symbian phone also, but no one local had anything for me to play with pre-purchase.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralAK
    I would use a WM device if someone gave it to me, but like you I gave up in the platform (at least until WM version 15). I have used a number of devices running this OS since version 2.0 - I kept hoping it would improve - but nothing. I gave up on WM5 when I switched to Symbian S60
    I had a WM5 Dash that I got for free, and after several weeks of trying to get comfortable with "The Windows Way" I just gave up on it... eBay'd the Dash and moved (back) to the comfort of S60.

Of the "smartphone" / PDA operating systems that I've used so far, I actually liked Palm the best, up until Palm basically gave up on trying to improve their OS, instead choosing to focus all their creativity on ways to alienate their customers and drive themselves out of business. Symbian is good, not great, but it is light years ahead of Windows Mobile in terms of stability and usability.
    signatures? off.

Device(s)
    evo 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    maybe its qtek that sucks?
    my qtek's (8020) buttons died after a year and the phone took like 2 minutes just to load the damn system
    Left T-Mobile due to poor reception
    But now cruising the fast lane on Sprint

Device(s)
    Samsung S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You shouldn't have switch so soon though... I bet you already sign new contract already...

The Blackberry 8300 Curve coming out end of this month...

Device(s)
    Samsung t809
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by secrecyguy
    You shouldn't have switch so soon though... I bet you already sign new contract already...

The Blackberry 8300 Curve coming out end of this month...
    I saw that but I honestly only like the 8100 out of all the crack berries - that and my wife had to be able to get ahold of me should something happen with our Son - and the Qtek was off every time I looked at it.

Device(s)
    Various Symbian
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Your friendly neighborhood Series60 & T-Mobile Mod

Check out the T-Mobile & Series60 Wikis