Thread: iphone email system for t-mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

iphone email system for t-mobile

so the unlocked iphone and use on t-mo; works great and is kick butt. I tried At&t in wichita, ks with iphone and it's not quite as good as t-mo. kept same t-mo plan just added total internet for $20 a month. Only problem i've encountered is my email system. I use COX communications email sys and i can receive mail but can't send anything. Usuall settings for cox...."pop.central.cox.net" and "smtp.central.cox.net" with a login and password for the pop settings. the smtp setting i leave blank (tried it otherwise also and still no go). Anyone else experiencing this same problem? This occurs on t-mo EDGE or on any wi-fi connection. Can't send emails.....is there a way to fix this? thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i'm having no propblems sending email w / a t-mo account. not a cox subscriber, however.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

well

the email worked fine on my other phones...as of late a samsung d900. It sent fine and received fine. It's something with the iphone and this server compatability. As before it will not send on EDGE or Wi-Fi. "cannot find smtp.central.cox.net server" my email on my computer have the same settings and i can do everything from my computer just no sending on iphone.

Feedback Score
    try to use your login ID and password for your email for smtp. If that does not work, you might have to contact cox. Cox might only allow SMTP traffics from Cox network.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8gb
    Feedback Score
    a lot if isps dont allow access to their smtp servers for outgoing mail for machinesn outside their network as an anti-spam measure. I know that cox is one of those ISPs because my inlaws had trouble with their outgoing cox mail when they came and visited us. I think I found more info on cox's support site, but I don't remember the work-arround.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

spam block

you are correct, cox will not allow sending, anyone know how to get around this? Cox not very helpful with this issue. Also there's not to many settings on iPhone to mess with, thanks

Feedback Score
    you can also use a different SMTP server to send out emails. (You don't necessarily need the cox smtp server to send out email). If you have gmail account, you might be able to use google's smtp server? (this is just a theory since I don't have gmail pop3/imap turn on).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grooby
    you can also use a different SMTP server to send out emails. (You don't necessarily need the cox smtp server to send out email). If you have gmail account, you might be able to use google's smtp server? (this is just a theory since I don't have gmail pop3/imap turn on).

Yea thats a good point. Try using any other smtp server. If tmobile has one you can get ahold of it might work...