Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nokia BH-604?

Device(s)
    bunch of phones
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    how long can you wear that before your ears are sore???
    i use my cellphones too much, my brains are fried...

Device(s)
    Nokia E71-2 White with Sandisk 16gb MicroSD
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    It doesn't hurt my ears. Been using it for 1 1/2 hours straight. The cushioning really helps.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus 128GB Space Grey (SIM Free)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Resurrecting this old thread as I have a pair of BH-604's. I've had them since around 2010 and the faux leather cushions started peeling and flaking. I really like these headphones as they have good bass and even after all these years the battery life is still great. I had a set of David Clark 40863G-02 gel cushions lying around that I planned to use for another project. The size happened to be compatible so I put them on the BH-604's to see how they would work. What a difference. There is definitely some bass enhancement and the gel cushions also block out a lot of background noise (they were designed for aircraft headsets after all) since they are circumaural. The modification has hopefully extended the useful life of the BH-604's a few more years. The only thing I have to watch now is the battery. I suspect it can be replaced someday with a bit of effort on my part. I have never seen any posts about doing it but I am guessing it is probably a 3.7V Li-On battery and just finding one of the correct physical dimensions will be all that is required.
    --
    I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Feedback Score
    It'd make my ears sore within 30 minutes!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus 128GB Space Grey (SIM Free)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jslicer View Post
    It'd make my ears sore within 30 minutes!
    Before I ever tried them I thought the same thing too. When I first heard of gel cushions I didn't think they had anything to offer. I thought they were gooey or something like slimy gel. I was finally sold on trying them and I was quite surprised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2