Thread: Dash or Curve ?

Device(s)
    Sanyo 8300
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Cool Dash or Curve ?

hello good people,i question can i have, an opinion on(is the Curve a better phone than the Dash)been ready alot about both,i currently bought the Dash but have another week to go for the 14 day trial,thinking bout the Curve but don't really see to much difference for the $100.00 more price for the Curve,i would love to hear from someone who already changed from the Dash to the Curve. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Samsung S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Check my comparison chart. It's in my signature.

But you really can not compare the Dash to the Curve. It's more on the lines of Wing vs. the Curve.

Anyway, just keep in mind that if you do decided to get the Curve, you will lose out on the HotSpots. T-mobile's HotSpots are included on the Windows phone but not on the Blackberry.

If you want T-mobile's HotSpots on the Blackberry, you have to pay $19.99 more on top of the data plan. Than you have to choose if you want HotSpots @ Home or just the regular T-mobile's HotSpots.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hello blujetta,

secrecyguy is spot on with everything he said.

A friend of mine has a Dash and was looking to do an even swap with me for my old Wing that I never use anymore. After using the Dash for a week, I just decided to go ahead and shell out the money for a new Blackberry Curve. I'm glad that I did because I absolutely love it. I don't really need the hotspot service, but I did go ahead and get the UMA @home service. But if you need a phone for email, text messaging, google maps the Blackberry Curve is a good choice. The Dash is ok, but after having used it for a week and now using a Curve I am glad that I chose the Curve. It seems like Windows Mobile devices can be glitchy at times. I had to reboot the Dash a few different times. on one occassion it just froze up on me during in the middle of sending a text. I didn't want another phone like my Wing which I was always having to reboot, hard reboot or soft reset and such. The Blackberry just works, and it works when you need it to. Although it is recommended by the T-Mobile tech support to restart your Curve at least once every couple of days. The Curve is a little bit thicker than the Dash but not by much. Seems like the Curve keyboard is a little easier to use than the one on the Dash, although both keyboards are about the same size. Well, that's my thoughts on the topic. Hope that helps.

Device(s)
    LG F3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    It depends.... a lot of people like BB better because the OS is a little more stable than windows.. but i really enjoy my dash

anyone know how well a BB Curve teathers with a mac?? the dash does just fine teathering by bluetooth... I only have a ibook so i don't have windows.. will the curve teather with my ibook via bluetooth like windows mobile?? without any software

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9 Global
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Having had both WM and now a Blackberry Curve I would say go with the Curve. It has alot more built in functionality and cool free apps. Plus the UMA calling is just awesome.

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i've had 4 or 5 WM phones and honestly I don't trust any of them. I know multiple people on different carriers having daily glitches and phones problems with WM. I only get a few problems every now and them on BBs. I'd go with BB any day of the week.
    Barely used 8700g F/S with box and all standard accessories. PM if interested.

Device(s)
    Sanyo 8300
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up thanks

thanks everyone for your feedback,in think i'll shell out the additional $100 and get the Curve.

Device(s)
    Samsung A717
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by devin37354
    It depends.... a lot of people like BB better because the OS is a little more stable than windows.. but i really enjoy my dash

anyone know how well a BB Curve teathers with a mac?? the dash does just fine teathering by bluetooth... I only have a ibook so i don't have windows.. will the curve teather with my ibook via bluetooth like windows mobile?? without any software
    I think that the pearl is the only one that can officially tether. I have a Mac and a pearl and it works well. Im sure the curve owners can shed some light on this.

Feedback Score
    I've been researching the Curve for awhile now. Tethering is a piece of cake. Google it.

BTW, Amazon still has the Curve (and Dash) for really cheap (with plan of course).

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile since 05/09/2000
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by secrecyguy
    Anyway, just keep in mind that if you do decided to get the Curve, you will lose out on the HotSpots. T-mobile's HotSpots are included on the Windows phone but not on the Blackberry.

If you want T-mobile's HotSpots on the Blackberry, you have to pay $19.99 more on top of the data plan. Than you have to choose if you want HotSpots @ Home or just the regular T-mobile's HotSpots.
    With the Curve you can use data at a T-Mobile Hotspot with the Blackberry Data Plan. I did it this morning. It turns the basestation into a femtocell so when you are at a Hotspot both data and voice go through the Hotspot.

I should mention that I am mostly a Curve fan because of the BlackBerry OS, the mail delivery system, and the ease of use. I don't much care for Windows Mobile so I guess it's a matter of personal taste.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1 - rooted, running Complete Eclair
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've been enjoying this thread since I've been debating heavily lately whether to go with the Dash or the Curve. I have to ask though, are there ANY advantages of WM over the BB OS?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay3800
    I've been enjoying this thread since I've been debating heavily lately whether to go with the Dash or the Curve. I have to ask though, are there ANY advantages of WM over the BB OS?
    Each OS has it's own advantages and disadvantages, but for me, the whole decision was personal. For example, I can't stand having to close apps using Task Manager, I didn't like the email setup, AIM wasn't functional for me, and I just couldn't dig the feel of everything on the DASH. That's why I ended up with a BlackBerry. I just want simplicity and the BlackBerry was much more simple. I had a few issues with the Pearl, but the CURVE is much better for me. I like the keyboard better, the [email protected] service is more functional, and I'm loving the simplicity of the OS. Also, AIM is data intensive which is perfect for a chatter like me. Keep in mind, everything is based on personal taste so you should make up your own mind, but for my 2 cents, I dig the Curve.

Device(s)
    Samsung S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tujumaster
    With the Curve you can use data at a T-Mobile Hotspot with the Blackberry Data Plan. I did it this morning. It turns the basestation into a femtocell so when you are at a Hotspot both data and voice go through the Hotspot.

I should mention that I am mostly a Curve fan because of the BlackBerry OS, the mail delivery system, and the ease of use. I don't much care for Windows Mobile so I guess it's a matter of personal taste.
    Are you sure about that?

For a while, I was trying to find out if you can use the Blackberry 8320 Curve with T-mobile's HotSpots without paying extra for it.

I finally got confirmation when someone brought their Curve to Starbucks. He said that he only got voice but no data.

That's why I just recently bought a Wing which should come though the mail soon. I hate to get rid of my Blackberry 8100 Pearl and not get the Blackberry 8320 Curve which I was planning to do for a long time.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by secrecyguy
    Are you sure about that?

For a while, I was trying to find out if you can use the Blackberry 8320 Curve with T-mobile's HotSpots without paying extra for it.

I finally got confirmation when someone brought their Curve to Starbucks. He said that he only got voice but no data.

That's why I just recently bought a Wing which should come though the mail soon. I hate to get rid of my Blackberry 8100 Pearl and not get the Blackberry 8320 Curve which I was planning to do for a long time.
    I used it at a Starbucks this morning and it worked fine. People are actually getting the wifi part of this phone confused. On a device like the Wing or the Dash, wifi acts as a separate portion of the phone, simply for data. On the Curve, wifi is both voice and data so when you are connected to wifi, both data and voice go through one connection. So when I got my coffee this morning, I sat and had a three minute conversation with someone, then checked my email and read an article on Viigo, just like I was on EDGE. One cool feature, btw, is that while you are on a call on wifi, the phone can send and receive email.

Device(s)
    Various Symbian
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    wrong forum, check out the subforums.
    Your friendly neighborhood Series60 & T-Mobile Mod

Check out the T-Mobile & Series60 Wikis