Thread: Need a new phone but cant decide which one to get

Feedback Score

Need a new phone but cant decide which one to get

So my tmobile mda finally went. I need to replace it with something that will allow me to check email and surf the web (when trying to kill time). Being able to hook up to our exchange server and my imap accounts are important.

I've looked into the blackberries and the nokia e62. Ebay has them for less than $200, which is my budget at the moment. I'm leaning towards the BB only because the keyboard is right on top and the one thing i hated about the mda is that i had to slide the phone in order to get to the keyboard.

Right now I'm paying $20/month for internet but im looking online and BB plans are pretty high. If i get the nokia e62 (unlocked of course), will i be able to use it on tmobile's network (the internet side of things).

Device(s)
    HTC - Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The E62 is a good option but it doesn't have the Wifi of the E61 or the newer E61i. It will work with T-Mobile, if unlocked, and can connect to both Exchange via MS Direct Push or via BlackBerry Enterprise server.

Compared to an 8320 Blackberry I can easily say to get the Blackberry. If you're looking at a Pearl then consider the keyboard seriously. You can get the T-Mobile BlackBerry add-on to your account for $20 and still use every feature of your phone.
    Take a look at my new blog: MobileGenius. It is really just a few reviews at this point but I think I cover a few things that some of the reviews I have read do not take time for. Feel free to leave a comment!

Feedback Score
    Thx for the response, I dont care much for wifi as I'll have an internet plan. I'm just not sure how the nokia e62 would be configured to work on tmobile since it was made to work on ATT (internet wise).

I wouldnt consider a Pearl only because i want keys for every letters. I'm salivating for a curve but we shall see.

Plans for BB is $20?! no way! i looked online and i see much higher prices.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Stay away from the E62 if it's still Cingular branded.

Get the E61 or E61i instead.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There are actually three BB plans on T-Mobile.

- $10 for email only (BIS)
    - $20 for email and unlimited internet (BIS)
    - $30 for personal and corporate email and unlimited internet (BIS & BES)

Joe