Thread: does your contact start over when you buy a new phone from vz?

Device(s)
    BB Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

does your contact start over when you buy a new phone from vz?

I bought the vx4400 from verizon and I was wondering if they extended my contact a year. I don't remember saying anything over the phone but I think when I got the phone in the mail it said something about a 1-year contact. Can anyone clearify so I don't have to call them?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: does your contact start over when you buy a new phone from vz?

Originally posted by crazywhitie
    I bought the vx4400 from verizon and I was wondering if they extended my contact a year. I don't remember saying anything over the phone but I think when I got the phone in the mail it said something about a 1-year contact. Can anyone clearify so I don't have to call them?
    If you accept the promotional pricing on a phone, then yes, your contract is extended.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Why wouldn’t you call them? It’ll take all of 2 minutes. Call #611 and it’s airtime free. They’re the people who will be able to tell you if your particular account had its contract extended.

But generally, yes, if you get the “good” price on a new phone from Verizon, they will extend your contract for 1 or 2 years, depending on how “good” the price was. The 1 year price is generally $30 higher than the 2 year price.

Feedback Score
    Actually, you should try to stick with a 2-year plan and make sure they extend your existing account. I had been with Verizon for 1 year on a 2 year contract, changed plans, and they took me off the 2 year and made me into a 1 year plan and I lost the "New Every Two".

They did it without telling me.

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR Maxx VE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The difference between the two-year and one-year is that the two-year saves you about $30 on the price of your new phone, and, assuming you qualify, the $100 New Every Two bonus after two years, while the one-year costs you $30 more and has no NE2 bonus. However, you're stuck with a phone for 2 years, believe it or not, on a two-year contract. And, as you might imagine, in the world of cellular phones two years is very long. If you like to keep up with technology, go for a one-year contract and you'll be able to buy a new phone at promotional pricing in half the time. If you don't care and want a cheap phone, go for the two-year.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The difference between the two-year and one-year is that the two-year saves you about $30 on the price of your new phone, and, assuming you qualify, the $100 New Every Two bonus after two years, while the one-year costs you $30 more and has no NE2 bonus.
    Actually I never signed up for a two year contract but found today I am eligable for the new every two. The way they made it sound, as long as you are with them two years you get it. I didnt get into details I was just happy I got it.
    What Is A Veteran?
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Feedback Thread
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...7#post11490557