View Poll Results: Did this guide assist you with flashing and debranding your phone?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

249 83.84%
  • No

48 16.16%
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing & Debranding with SETool 2 Lite

Device(s)
    w580i grey
    Carrier(s)
    rogers :/
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    1 week scouring knowledge on this specific subject
    30 mins checking to make sure i followed directions completely
    used: W580_R6BC002_FS_CENT_EUROPE_RED52
    versus the asia pack.
    5 mins after pressing flash successfully debranded!
    THANK YOU!!!! <3

Device(s)
    W580i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

help...

i followed all of those steps and i got stuck at the point where the computer is supposed to recognize the phone as SEMC flash device... the computer recognizes it as "SE device 616 USB ethernet emulation"... can someone please help me out?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I had some trouble doing this because I had installed SE PC Suite software on my laptop. Hence, the hold C and insert USB cable was actually powering up the phone and starting PC suite.

Once I uninstalled the PC suite, Windows could take the USB flash driver included in the download files by the OP

Device(s)
    w580i grey
    Carrier(s)
    rogers :/
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by s2.kimmie
    i followed all of those steps and i got stuck at the point where the computer is supposed to recognize the phone as SEMC flash device... the computer recognizes it as "SE device 616 USB ethernet emulation"... can someone please help me out?

i think you have to take the sim card out and plug in the phone then let the computer recognize the phone as a SEMC flash device.

THEN unplug, launch setool2 and proceed... im not sure but i think that should work.

cheers

Device(s)
    W580i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i've tried everything... i uninstalled the SE PC suite, and i did pull the sim card out already.. but the computer doesnt even detect the phone.. but when i put the sim card in and set it as 'file transfer', it will show up as a USB driver...

either way, i only get the msg 'Hold "C" and insert the USB cable!" ... which i did many times already...

is there any other way to make it work?

btw... is anyone besides me struggling to open the back cover everytime? cause my finger still hurts lol

Device(s)
    W580i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    lol~~ i got it to work.. no one told me you didnt have to turn on the phone!! sorry for being so stupid! haha

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have a W580i and want to debrand it... but, I really dont want to screw it up. I see it's probably pretty easy. Are these the files I need? It says ASIA, wouldn't I need an American one? My question is.. These are the firmwares to take my AT&T w580i to the same firmware that everyone is saying has the nice menu icons, no ringtone restriction, and all that good stuff?

So when I'm done the phone will still be the same phone I'm use to with all my stuff on it (song etc.) but with a couple new features and some cosmetic differences? I sound like a retard and I am to this stuff but I'm trying to figure it out

Are these the right firmwares the most recent ones and stuff I'm kinda lost
    Last edited by Str8 2 yo Dome; 11-03-2007 at 01:17 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I followed this guide and debranded my phone pretty easily, the only hitch I had was I had to let my computer install drivers to recognize my phone as a "SEMC Flash Device". Before, when I'd plug my phone into the computer(usually to add music) I'd just cancel out of the "New Hardware" set up, but in order for this program to identify my phone I had to go through the set up and let it install drivers. Once I did that it all went exactly as described in the guide.

This is my first SE phone so I was a little hesitant, I'm more used to modding Motorola's. But all went fine and I really do like the new icons and more options. I did lose all the settings for internet and sms, I'm in the process of figuring that out.

On another note, make sure you back up anything you have on the phone, calendar events, tasks, etc, before doing this. I forgot and lost my whole schedule.

Device(s)
    W580i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    does anyone know where i can get the hong kong version? all my songs are in chinese and they appear as weird symbols or boxes

Device(s)
    N82
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    All those who are stopped about the USB flash drivers, try to install first SEUS. It will install these drivers.
    Then go for this. Ah! and others ask about holding C and then press flash. It is "press flash" and then connect holding C.

For specific firmwares, try Topsony or SE-NSE and look around there.

My gals...
    (of course...)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by s2.kimmie
    lol~~ i got it to work.. no one told me you didnt have to turn on the phone!! sorry for being so stupid! haha
    Ha ha ha..thats what I too did. Nowhere in that instructions was it mentioned that "phone should not be turned on". But neither was it mentioned that "it should be turned on". I too spent some time before figuring out that the phone should be kept switched off. Being a newcomer to this debranding stuff, switching on the phone was something which I did naturally.

But anyway kudos to the guy whose posted all the stuff in the first place. Particularly, I liked the fact that he also put the SETool too in that .rar file. Very methodical guy whoever he/she was.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfreds
    All those who are stopped about the USB flash drivers, try to install first SEUS. It will install these drivers.
    Then go for this. Ah! and others ask about holding C and then press flash. It is "press flash" and then connect holding C.

For specific firmwares, try Topsony or SE-NSE and look around there.
    I held C, connected the phone, THEN hit flash, after the program identified my phone. I wonder why it's working different for different people. Maybe if it doesn't work one way for you, try the other?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus Product RED 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I am glad that you guys are finding this guide useful, I am sorry if you are having trouble also when following this guide. I tried to make it as simple as possible.

Device(s)
    w580i
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm getting a 580i in the next couple weeks but I'm scared to try this to a brand new AT&T phone. How badly can you F up your phone?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus Product RED 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you mess up u could just try again, you won't brick your phone if your concerned about that.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast