View Poll Results: Did this guide assist you with flashing and debranding your phone?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

249 83.84%
  • No

48 16.16%
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing & Debranding with SETool 2 Lite

Device(s)
    W580i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John1744
    I'm getting a 580i in the next couple weeks but I'm scared to try this to a brand new AT&T phone. How badly can you F up your phone?
    hey~~ dont worry about it!! i was completely new to this debranding stuff too and mine was a new phone (about 5 days old) and i love it so much more now!!! tell us how it went~
    [s2.kimmie]

Device(s)
    Sidekick 08
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i've owned this phone less than 24 hours and you helped me un handicap it LOL Thanks!
    I'm King In the mofo. Now Get me some milk and mutha$u$*in cookies!

Device(s)
    Sprint SPH-L710 Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    will this work with my W810i or is this exclusively w580i? (modding noob)
    Marble White Sprint Galaxy S III
    ROM: Stock
    Mods: Rooted & Debloated
    Launcher: TSF Shell / Apex Launcher Pro / Launcher Plus PRO
    Screen Protector: iloome Tempered Glass White
    Battery/Case: ZeroLemon 7000mAh w/ Black & White TPU Cases

**Always looking for another Jabra BT8010, Hit me up!**

Feedback Score
    Just got my ATT w580i, right away, i flash it.. and guess wat it stopped half way thru flashing... i was wow.. great I bricked it... unable to turn on or anything. USB show up unknown device, I tried to specified the driver for it, no help... I was about to cry...
    then I took it to my vista machine..and wola it sees it ! So I go thru with the flash again, and whew,, it works !
    Pt I learned.
    1) If computer doesn't recongize it, take out battery and unplug usb , then put battery in and hold down c and plug in usb cable.

Phone doesn't have to be on to do this, my phone was off, well can't even turn it on, but yea. good luck

Feedback Score
    Excellent guide.. took 10 minutes to flash/de-brand my w580i after download/install of the RAR. Key thing to remember is to first get everything set up in the SETool 2 Lite software, then after you click the FLASH button, to hold down the "C" on the phone and plug in the USB cable.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6300
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I followed your directions, the flashing process went very smoothly. However, my phone, while debranded, is not unlocked. How can I unlock it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstone05
    I followed your directions, the flashing process went very smoothly. However, my phone, while debranded, is not unlocked. How can I unlock it?
    hehe it won't unlock it, i just got my phone unlock from ebay 15bux :\ but it works ;D IMEI code

Feedback Score
    i got everything working, connecting, and the flash drive thing, but when i go into setool2 i cant add anything to the file list, such as the firmware which im going to flash it with. Any ideas? solution?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the helpful FAQ. Got everything working although a few adjustments were needed. I managed to get rid of the Rogers startup logo and change language so I think it was successful. However, when I check my phone using setool it still says Network LOCKED. I tried to use the Unlock button in setools but it still comes up as Network LOCKED. So is my phone just de-branded but still locked or is the "network locked" irrelevent?

Feedback Score
    hy i am new to this really new actually.. i got the se w580i and its under the at&t brand or company.. now. i am using it for t-mobile... i want to use this program.. my question is 1st if this works well with vista. next are there or can there be any problems that this program will not kill my phone.. are there any problems that it can couse me.. and also the phone is unlocked will this damage or kill the unlocked property for this phone... please let me know becouse i really dont want to use the at&t stuff on the phone.. but i also dont want to kill my phone......
    sorry so long but i am afraid that my phone could be injured

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus Product RED 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    This guide does NOT allow you to UNLOCK your phone, if you are in need of doing so please go to the UNLOCKING section of the Sony Ericsson forums here on HOFO and discuss it there.

Feedback Score

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TheGriffin
    This guide does NOT allow you to UNLOCK your phone, if you are in need of doing so please go to the UNLOCKING section of the Sony Ericsson forums here on HOFO and discuss it there.

no my phone is already unlocked i am just asking in general about the program it self. will it mess up my phone in any way.. thats it

Carrier(s)
    robbas
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealgk
    no my phone is already unlocked i am just asking in general about the program it self. will it mess up my phone in any way.. thats it
    Do you mean will your phone relock if you put a new FW on it?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus Product RED 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    I cannot say 100% but I can say that 99.9% of the time it will work for sure, unless you do something stupid in the 5 minutes that it takes to flash the phone, other than that it shouldn't fail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicplaya
    Do you mean will your phone relock if you put a new FW on it?

well ehh!!! that is one of my questions.. can the phone relock???.. back to at&t and i wont be able to use it for t mobile... also are there any problems with the phone itself after the unlock.. if there are any problems can i reverse it back to the same way that it was before?

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast