Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Thread: Sprint can't fix the Mogul this year - letting you trade your phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by privax
    no matter what happens I feel like there is always going to be someone complaining about something.

in the end you just need to take into consideration what exactly you're looking for -- there might be that perfect or close to perfect phone for you but it isn't something that everyone is going to agree on.
    +1. Can't agree more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turnitblue23
    i can't decide b/w the Mogul and Centro. I would go with the touch but i can't type worth a crap with the on screen keyboard.

i wish this decision could be easier
    Would this app help your decision-making process?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffoun
    No, the failures we see aren't related to a lack of drivers, and honestly, outside the online forum communities, I don't think anyone really knows about that site. The average consumer just knows video playback sucks.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turnitblue23
    i can't decide b/w the Mogul and Centro. I would go with the touch but i can't type worth a crap with the on screen keyboard.

i wish this decision could be easier
    Narrow it down to 3, then just pick one. You'll have a few weeks to try it and you are not married to it - it's only a machine. I was between 2 very different platforms - Palm and WM (Mogul, Touch, or Centro). After a while it became obvious that I needed to try one and see how it worked for _me_.

The Centro has been, supristingly, a great phone. I had an issue with battery life for the first week, which was 100% fixed by a silent push update - now I have 90% at the end of a day. I am only starting to use the pda/web functions, but they should be adaquate for my needs. The small screen limits web browsing and such, but reading sites properly formatted for mobile devices is no problem.

What's right for _you_ may not be the same. The Touch looks like a great piece of hardware - stylish, pocketable, and you get much more screen in trade for losing the keyboard. As a _phone_ I believe you'll like the Centro better. For the maximum PDA function and having a palmtop portable computer I'd lean towards the Touch due to the larger screen and since the current Palm OS is ... old. Way too old. "Pleistocene OS" would be more accurate.

Strangely enough turns out to be an advantage for simple tasks; the designers can't follow the usual temptation to complexify and cutsify a consumer OS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4PEQ
    No, the failures we see aren't related to a lack of drivers, and honestly, outside the online forum communities, I don't think anyone really knows about that site. The average consumer just knows video playback sucks.
    Mind if you could share some info?

Video playback sucks but the device is sluggish without doing much anyway...

My wife just swapped to the Centro and to my surprise it's a pretty capable device. It's on the think side and doesn't look as nice as the Touch, but one can't beat the value.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Mind if you could share some info?
    What info do you want me to share that's not already out there?

Feedback Score
    What info do you want me to share that's not already out there?
    You mentioned "the failures we see aren't related to a lack of drivers, and honestly, outside the online forum communities"... just wondering what they are?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You mentioned "the failures we see aren't related to a lack of drivers, and honestly, outside the online forum communities"... just wondering what they are?
    Device lockups/resets, excessive dropped calls-- particularly dropped/failed data connections, keypads quit working (Mogul), mini USB ports snap off the board without any other signs of abuse, touchscreen failures, device refuses to power on, unable to charge, bad batteries... all things that have brought various HTC devices across my workbench in the last few months. Nothing involving poor video performance.

Feedback Score
    Device lockups/resets, excessive dropped calls-- particularly dropped/failed data connections, keypads quit working (Mogul), mini USB ports snap off the board without any other signs of abuse, touchscreen failures, device refuses to power on, unable to charge, bad batteries... all things that have brought various HTC devices across my workbench in the last few months. Nothing involving poor video performance.
    I definitely experienced dropped calls and failed data connections on the Touch. Somehow the data connections are ok again now, but the dropped calls still exists. I contacted Sprint about being a customer for so long in the same geo-area and the list of devices I've used, and Touch has the worst dropped calls of all phones. I've never had any dropped calls with Sanyo 7300, LG PM230, Moto RAZR. Sprint responded that they didn't get that from other customers!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I never had any dropped call issues with the Touch personally, but the guy I sold it to has complained of tons of problems with dropped calls and dropped/failed data connections, where he's never had problems on any of his previous Sprint handsets.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My 2 cents Touch worth!

I don't drop calls and the reception is pretty good, but I used to have some Sanyo's(can't remember the model...we called them blue phones) that were better. But my data connection does drop for no apparent reason, although it #777's when I attempt to use data, it concerns me that I may be missing a p-email.

It also turns on(after I put it to sleep) by itself?

BTW: My data and it's speed fixed itself, so I got a feeling Sprint hit the GO button!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I'm glad I went back to the Mogul. I'm trading my Touch to a friend for his DJM-600 mixer. The Mogul is working much better than it ever did and its a lot more convenient to use than the Touch. I never really realized just how much I use the keyboard until I got the Touch and tried to do Remote Desktop......

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21