Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Thread: Official BlackBerry Pearl 8130 Problems and Issues Thread

Device(s)
    Cans & String
    Feedback Score
    nevermind!

8110 is GSM/GPRS/EDGE model and 8130 is CDMA both have built in GPS

8120 is a GSM WiFi device

(note to self: always check the manufacturer's website before making yourself look like an idiot on the forums, lol)

Device(s)
    Droid 2 Global
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AveryM
    I too am having my texts and call logs vanish. However, I have a 1 gig memory card and no 3rd party applications. I delete my text messages frequently and only had one picture message in my inbox. The rest were stored on the card along with my ring tones. I set up my email on my phone but will probably disable that feature as I haven't used it as much as I thought I would, but I deleted all incoming emails as soon as I got them.

I've lost all of my text messages and my entire call list and now I cannot send or receive texts. This just started happening about two hours ago while I had the phone plugged into my computer to move some pictures from my memory card to my computer. The only thing showing up on my phone is one email that was sent. I have also made several calls since this happened and they do not stay in the call log. I had a friend send me a text to see what would happen. I noticed the little text icon pop up and then vanish again.

Any ideas of what could be causing this? I've pulled the battery out of my phone and have plenty of memory. I really don't want to get a refurb, but will if needed.
    I'm on my 3rd pearl right now. The problem you are having is (and I quote) a "feature", per verizon. It does this to "free up memory". And no, I'm not joking, this is what 3 different techs said to me when talking about their memory leak problem and when to expect an OS fix.

Btw, this happens with the latest .97 software. I start out with 13-14MB of free space and over the course of a few days, that'll dwindle down to 4-5mb if you don't yank the battery - which is something I do now once a day. It's like babysitting a phone.

Verizon probably caused the problem when they were modifying the OS to lock out the GPS..

-d

Device(s)
    BB Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    anyone have a link to set up a blocker for gmail so the sent mail doesn't get sent back to the phone again. I searched but nothing came up. I know its here somewhere

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sprint has a new software version out you could try .127

8130uEFS_PBr4.3.0_rel203_PL3.1.0.73_A4.3.0.127_Spr int.exe
    “to the people of Grand Rapids, I didn't know that was meatloaf...."

Geico

Feedback Score
    I know this is a "bugs and issues" thread, but I was thinking about upgrading to the 8130, primarily for the media player (which I believe can hold up to 8GB on a microsd card). I currently have the Samsung U620, and i am sort of indifferent to it. I like the design, but it can only hold a 2GB of music on a microsd card. I really don't want to carry a separate media player, and I have vowed NOT to buy another Ipod/iphone/iwhatever until they offer a decent amount of flash based memory at a fair price (I have had 3 die on me in the past 3 years..).

Any opinions from anyone on this thread? I could see myself using the browser, and I may check my gmail account periodically, but I am going to be using it primarily as a phone, and media player (and of course, for texting...). Again, any opinions are greatly appreciated. I would probably have to make up my mind by the end of the week, at which point I'm resigning my contract.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasec
    I know this is a "bugs and issues" thread, but I was thinking about upgrading to the 8130, primarily for the media player (which I believe can hold up to 8GB on a microsd card). I currently have the Samsung U620, and i am sort of indifferent to it. I like the design, but it can only hold a 2GB of music on a microsd card. I really don't want to carry a separate media player, and I have vowed NOT to buy another Ipod/iphone/iwhatever until they offer a decent amount of flash based memory at a fair price (I have had 3 die on me in the past 3 years..).

Any opinions from anyone on this thread? I could see myself using the browser, and I may check my gmail account periodically, but I am going to be using it primarily as a phone, and media player (and of course, for texting...). Again, any opinions are greatly appreciated. I would probably have to make up my mind by the end of the week, at which point I'm resigning my contract.
    I use my Pearl as a media player when I travel and it works fine. It's not as polished an an iPod is, but my needs are pretty basic and it suits my needs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rock'nhock
    every time I sink my 8130, it resets the homescreen back to the original default vs. the pick I have set up as my background. Does anybody know if there is a setting that I'm missing to stop this from happening, or is it just an annoying glitch? right now I'm having to reset my background at least once a day. My first BB, so I'm kind of learning as I go.
    Do you store your background picture on a memory card or in the phone? I found by switching the image to the phone it corrects this issue.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I had my 8130 since November and I've had no problems with it before but now when ever I try to make an outgoing call or send a text message my phone just automatically resets.

I can still get on the internet with Opera Mini and use my Gmail application. Has anyone had this problem occur and if so, what did you do to fix it?

Device(s)
    DROID X
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MFRONE
    I had my 8130 since November and I've had no problems with it before but now when ever I try to make an outgoing call or send a text message my phone just automatically resets.

I can still get on the internet with Opera Mini and use my Gmail application. Has anyone had this problem occur and if so, what did you do to fix it?
    I had this happen, take it in and they will swap it out. My old one reset ALOT.
    "Why so SERIOUS?"

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Avant SM-G386T (T-Mobile), BlackBerry Bold 9900 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I searched this thread and I didn't see this bug reported before.

Under the Security options if you have the Memory Cleaning option enabled and then you do a battery pull, the Memory Cleaning option will get reset to disabled again.

I also tested this with my Blackberry Curve 8300 and it retains the Memory Cleaning enabled option after a battery pull.

I'm running OS version 4.3.0.97.
    Sam K

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29