Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gsm Liberty Are Frauds

Device(s)
    Nokia 6300
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Gsm Liberty Are Frauds

They promise customer support, but you are lucky to get anyone on the phone. When I did get someone on the phone, they couldn't get the unlock to work for my s500i, so they hung up on me. Called back and they don't answer the phone.

Wouldn't refund my money as well and I had to file a chargeback at my bank. These guys are frauds. Stay away!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO's
    Feedback Score
    really i unlocked my blackberry pearl recently from gsmliberty and i spoke to customer service
    no problems at all
    but maybe i can help you
    you got the code
    but u dont know where to input it im guessing?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6300
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bhamral
    really i unlocked my blackberry pearl recently from gsmliberty and i spoke to customer service
    no problems at all
    but maybe i can help you
    you got the code
    but u dont know where to input it im guessing?
    Ha, thats a likely story.

In any case, for the Sony Ericsson S500i, they don't give you a code, genius. They send you software that connects your phone to their server and remotely unlocks it. Once connected to their server, I got an error code saying that CID52 phones can't be unlocked. And they couldn't explain that. But they still refused a refund. Thanks you scam artists.

Carrier(s)
    Fido, So-net, China Mobile HK,B-Mobile(Japan)
    Feedback Score
    You can read my post http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1278560 re. my experience with gsmliberty.

They only gave me 1 code that unlocked my Z710i Network, but SP is still locked. Tech support told me "Since your FIDO sim card is working fine, the phone is fully unlocked. Your overseas SIM cards are no good. Contact those network operators".

Talked to their sales, who seemed to know slightly a bit more about unlocking, or maybe a bit more honest. Told me " We will send you a login ID and password, you can follow the instrucitons to COMPLETE THE UNLOCKING PROCESS".

I asked them to get me the SP code from their supplier, or give me a refund. I don't want the remote unlock, it's not what I ordered/paid for. Their response, "We already gave you remote unlock, what do you want?"

Unlock by code is $39.99 . Remote unlock is only worth $9.99, which flashes the phone and the phone doesn't work very well after, as reported by other posts here. . Hardly the same thing. A code that doesn't fully unlock the phone is worth zero $.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO's
    Feedback Score
    okay silverstone05 calm down with your ****ing attitude , i was trying to help your ***
    does it look like i looked into it do i look like a a ****ing magician to u f
    screw yourself, thats why customer service at GSM libtery told u off cause u probally think ur smart u **** face

Device(s)
    Nokia 6300
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    screw yourself, thats why customer service at GSM libtery told u off cause u probally think ur smart u **** face
    LOL...well the point is YOU SHOULD HAVE looked into it before opening
    yer yap. Unless of course you're a Magician. But according to you, you're not.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO's
    Feedback Score
    okay im trying to help you out, but watever
    have fun with them
    by the way when u bea ******* to someone dont expect them to help you out

Device(s)
    Motorola Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I had problems with them also. I purchased the unlock code from them and then after a few days I didn't get anything. I sent them an email canceling the order. They responded saying I had to wait 3 business days to cancel. I waited over the weekend for 3 business days and still nothing. I again tried to cancel. Within a few hours after sending the second cancellation they sent my the code to unlock the phone, by then I had already unlocked it with someone else and given the phone to my brother to use. I will avoid them in the future.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    okay silverstone05 calm down with your ****ing attitude , i was trying to help your ***
    I think YOU need to calm down.
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I dont think this thread should be here in the first place. I understand your frustration but i beleive your post should be either on their feedback or the fraud forum http://howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182

Device(s)
    Nokia 6300
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GEN X GSM
    I dont think this thread should be here in the first place. I understand your frustration but i beleive your post should be either on their feedback or the fraud forum http://howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182

Not to discount your opinion, but this is the Sony Ericsson unlocking area. And we are talking about the ability (or lack thereof) to unlock a Sony Ericsson by using GSM Liberty.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTO
    You can read my post http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1278560 re. my experience with gsmliberty.

They only gave me 1 code that unlocked my Z710i Network, but SP is still locked. Tech support told me "Since your FIDO sim card is working fine, the phone is fully unlocked. Your overseas SIM cards are no good. Contact those network operators".

Talked to their sales, who seemed to know slightly a bit more about unlocking, or maybe a bit more honest. Told me " We will send you a login ID and password, you can follow the instrucitons to COMPLETE THE UNLOCKING PROCESS".

I asked them to get me the SP code from their supplier, or give me a refund. I don't want the remote unlock, it's not what I ordered/paid for. Their response, "We already gave you remote unlock, what do you want?"

Unlock by code is $39.99 . Remote unlock is only worth $9.99, which flashes the phone and the phone doesn't work very well after, as reported by other posts here. . Hardly the same thing. A code that doesn't fully unlock the phone is worth zero $.
    I understand your frustration also, i had a customer who came with a Z710i i provided him the code but the code did not unlock the SP. I learned from now on that Z710i cannot be unlocked by code casue the server cannot generate the 2 codes only provides one code. However i did give the customer a full refund or to come bring the phone by us to unlock the phone which the customer did. I think they should have provided a refund since the phone has not fully been unlocked what you had paid for.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstone05
    Not to discount your opinion, but this is the Sony Ericsson unlocking area. And we are talking about the ability (or lack thereof) to unlock a Sony Ericsson by using GSM Liberty.
    alright let me see i might be able to help you, what is your S500i locked too, and what way were you suppose to get your phone unlocked?

Feedback Score
    I too have had problems using gsmliberty, i purchased an unlock code for my w580i and they sent me a link to download the software. I went through this but my phone could not be unlocked due to the handset being CID52 when i emailed them they told me they could still do it with their software but i needed a special code and would have to pay double!!

I went ahead with this and tried unlocking my handset, everything appeared to go through on the software and this said it had been sucessful but since then the phone will not switch on. I have spoken to their customer service and they advised me to leave the phone off a day. This still does not work and I have had no response from them since.

I am now stuck with a brand new w580i that appears to be dead if anybody knows how to help!!

Carrier(s)
    Fido, So-net, China Mobile HK,B-Mobile(Japan)
    Feedback Score
    Try thie free DIY unlock instead.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1306915

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast